Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the Mane 6 would make the best friend?

AmberDust

Friendship is magic  

73 users have voted

1. 1. Which pony would make the best friend?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie

Applejack. I can't think of a reason not to want her as a friend; she is responsible, friendly and fun (without acting totally madcap like Pinkie Pie.) The others are all kind of high-strung and/or selfish (in my opinion.)

I am kind of OCD about dirt in my apartment, however... But I just know that she would understand if I explained this to her without freaking out on her. I'd ask her to wipe her hooves, but that is all.

And outside of my apartment, anything goes. I am not afraid to get my hands and clothes dirty. I even worked part-time in a city farm last summer. I would love to spend an afternoon apple-bucking with her and horsing around (har de har...)

• Brohoof 2

Tough question but I'd need to say Twilight. I used the process of elimination to get there:

Rarity: Sure she's generous and graceful and beautiful but she can also be very nagy and become caught in the moment.

Fluttershy: While she's kind she also may not defend you in a situation that where you may be injured/stand up for you.

Dash: She's loyal that's true but but we've seen her go against that loyalty to her friends on a few occasions. (that one episode about the EQ Games)

AJ: She's honest indeed and would never tell a lie but she's also very stubborn. Not unlike me actually. . .

Pinkie: Very fun and energetic which is both good and bad. You may not always be able to deal with her intense energy.

Twilight does have her faults too though: For she seems to be very busy being a princess that as far as we know doesn't actually do anything. She also seems to keep to herself like me which may lead to problems socializing with each other. She's very smart though and could help you find a logical way out of a situation that would probably rather not be in.

Wow, these are almost exactly my thoughts. ;)

I only prefer AJ to Twilight, because i always have the feeling that Twilight is a bit too bossy. I don't want to be dragged and teleported by her magic against my will, because i find it disrespectful. It's like a much stronger friend is kind and all, but he/she is also occasionally pushing you around.

Edited by Gary S.

Despite the fact that I'm almost certain I wouldn't... Connect enough with any of the Mane 6 to generate anything beyond a pseudo-friendship, I'd say Pinkie might make the best of them. I could go into detail, but there are probably others in this forum who will post in this very thread, expressing why far better than I could.

I wanted to say Dashie, but I think I'd be closer friends with Twilight, really. She and I have more interests in common than I do with Dash, anyway. As in, I'm a huge nerd and so is Twilight.

I think that all the ponies would make great friends with the exception of RainbowDash.

*Gasp*

How could you say that about Dashie?

She's been such a good friend to Fluttershy and Scootaloo in the show. If I need someone to encourage me or play games with, Rainbow's the gal I'm calling first.

*Gasp*

How could you say that about Dashie?

She's been such a good friend to Fluttershy and Scootaloo in the show. If I need someone to encourage me or play games with, Rainbow's the gal I'm calling first.

I feel like RainbowDash would constantly be pointing out that she is better than me because she can fly. I just see her constantly bragging.

They all definitely have the qualities to be someone's best friend.

That said, I can totally see myself being bros with RD(even though she's a girl :P) and Spike(though he isn't in the poll)

It depends on your personality...For me, I'm really not sure. I'm tempted to say Fluttershy, since she's shy and I don't talk much at all, but if you put me in a room with someone else who doesn't talk much, nothing will be said and it'll get pretty boring fast. :P 

I tend to be the most comfortable around goofy people, so I'd probably get along with Pinkie Pie the best. She's not my favorite by far but with her personality I'm sure she could easily become anyone's best friend. :P

EDIT: Ooh! I'm glad to see AJ's getting a lot of votes. I'm one of those people who feels like she needs way more love than she gets. :D

Edited by sararini

Bruh, Pinkie would because she's literally the most chill person in that show. Like she doesn't really get upset about anything with like maybe a few exceptions and when she does get upset you're going to f***ing die. But still pretty chill.

Bruh, Pinkie would because she's literally the most chill person in that show. Like she doesn't really get upset about anything with like maybe a few exceptions and when she does get upset you're going to f***ing die. But still pretty chill.

That sounds terrifying. :)
  • Brohoof 2

Fluttershy. Definitely fluttershy. She's sweet, caring, gentle, kind, loving and shy but the shy part's okay. It just makes her more adorable than she already is. My wife's a lot like Fluttershy, just not anywhere near as shy but still very much the same way which is why I love her (my wife) so much.

I said Applejack. Not because I don't like the others or because she is/isn't my favorite, I just think RD would brag too much, Fluttershy wouldn't talk much,Rarity would be a bit more concerned about herself and be dramatic most of the time, Twilight may be a bit awkward, and Pinkie would be a little annoying after a while (not that I think she's annoying). Love 'em all though!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

And I DON'T mean "who's your favourite character". What I mean is...

Out of all the mane 6, which one would make the best friend?

img-3483531-1-Photograph_with_Ponyville_

I am gonna say AJ all the way she would do anything for anypony. Absolutely undeniably 2nd best pony.