Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Least Favorite Shipping

Alan Crytex

I just kept laughing when I first heard FlashLight x3

And, to lighten some theoretical things up (for the FlashLight haters, I hate it too :P)

((quite long))

equestria_girls_ending_scene_by_crimsonb

• Brohoof 5

I'm going to skip over FlashLight because everyone else gave their reasons already and I don't want to be redundant.

Spike x Sweetie Belle is pretty popular because Sweetie is similar to Rarity but closer in age so it doesn't feel as creepy. But if you think about it, it's pretty much Spike treating SB like a consolation prize since he can't get "the real deal". Yuck.

Dislestia is just an awful ship. Discord was a horrifying tyrant who created a world of horror, and Celestia set out on a quest to defeat him. "Keep Calm and Flutter On" was the first episode where Celestia felt a positive emotion towards Discord, and it wasn't love so much as it's hope that Discord is more than a complete monster bent on inflicting as much suffering as he can.

Apparently a lot of people ship Trixie and Maud, despite the fact that these characters have never interacted and that they have nothing in common with each other. WTF?!

Sorry if I offend anyone but my least favourite shpppings are,

1. Any lesbian or gay shippings.

2. Applejack x Spike

And prbably any other ships that I never knew they exist because I am not that into the MLP fandom.

As for Twilight and Flash, I don't like it or dislike it... It is just another ship.

I actually do not like Rarijack, its so over done, its to the point of ashes. Its in just about everything.

Yes, i know they work well togeather but STOP already (which i know will never happen) im just tired of it

For me its AppleDash one its overused predictable and cliche this ship is shoehorned in almost every story that happens to do with Dash.coming out fillyfooler or AJ being depressed about her life or they need to go on an adventure. Hell this ship has gotten so bad at shoehorning that people are shoving it in their grimdark fics that involve Dash being killed and AJ is her mourning lover ugh! stop it! just let this stupid ship sink already! just because they are tomboys doesn't mean they are in love!

• Brohoof 1

-TwiDash

-AppleDash

my least favorites. 

For me its AppleDash one its overused predictable and cliche this ship is shoehorned in almost every story that happens to do with Dash.coming out fillyfooler or AJ being depressed about her life or they need to go on an adventure. Hell this ship has gotten so bad at shoehorning that people are shoving it in their grimdark fics that involve Dash being killed and AJ is her mourning lover ugh! stop it! just let this stupid ship sink already! just because they are tomboys doesn't mean they are in love!

So true, I hate when they do that as well.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have quite a few least favourites, most of them being some of the popular ships. I don't know why.

-FlashLight

-AppleDash

-TwiDash

-RariJack

-FlutterMac

-DisLestia

-SoarinDash

-FlutterDash

None of these make any sense to me.

Edited by SquipyCheetah

(edited)

Definitely FlashLight and SoarinDash. I'm sorry, but neither Flash Sentry nor Soarin' have any personality whatsoever aside from being prettyboys. Atleast with pairings like AppleDash (however controversial they may be), you've got two characters who've got a little something called personality.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

(edited)

Honestly I'm not into shipping. I don't get the point. Although if I had to choose my least favourite ship it'd have to be flashlight for the reasons everyone else has already said.

I also dislike any shippings between the mane 6 because they are either overdone or make no sense. On that note, I hate shippings that make no sense. Just pairing two of the characters you like seems dumb. (Therefore, I don't really like FlutterMac either - makes no sense)

I'm totally fine with FlutterCord

Edited by HailTrixie

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I really don't like FlutterMac... Big Mac and Fluttershy just don't feel compatible to me (neither of them are especially talkative and both seem to prefer quiet lives away from many ponies, that's true; however, I just get the impression that Fluttershy would get bored by him, somehow  :unsure:), and I feel a relationship like that, compared to ships like FlutterDash and CheeriMac, would confine them both, rather than encourage them to get out of the comfort zone and become more socially confident. There's also this feeling I get that people ship Fluttershy with Big Mac mainly because they want to ship her with a stallion, less so because of any compatibility they notice. 

Aside from those reasons, I just don't really care for Big Mac in general, and ships involving a male/males simply aren't my favourite, though I have exceptions both in MLP and other series.

I'm not really into any kind of lesbian shipping of the mane6, and I don't understand Bon Bon and Lyra's ship because I think they're both girls??? Like which is the boy there?

The Bon Bon x Lyra ship is the only shipping that I look at and see A LOT of colors, and it confuses me -_-

I dislike the rainbow dash and applejack ship. They do look EXTREMELY cute together but I cant imagine their personalites mixing well with each other, both very strong willed, stubborn, I mean it could work but I think both would need a more sensitive other, but that animated of them is just.... :wub: :wub:

May I ask why? Disliking a ship only because it feature a guy and a girl sounds a little silly.  

No sillier than anyone disliking a ship simply because it features a mare and a mare.  Besides, I like very few male characters in the show, and none of them are stallions.  And people will treat a homosexual ship as though it's utterly ridiculous or impossible before turning around and shipping a stallion and a mare because they have similar coat colors.  Or because they were in a scene together this one time.  Stallions, in general, are neither well-developed nor interesting.  Concerning, particularly, the Mane Six: Why would I ship a soggy piece of cardboard with the likes of an interesting, world-saving, friendship-embracing mare that's absolutely essential to the show?

• Brohoof 2

No sillier than anyone disliking a ship simply because it features a mare and a mare.  Besides, I like very few male characters in the show, and none of them are stallions.  And people will treat a homosexual ship as though it's utterly ridiculous or impossible before turning around and shipping a stallion and a mare because they have similar coat colors.  Or because they were in a scene together this one time.  Stallions, in general, are neither well-developed nor interesting.  Concerning, particularly, the Mane Six: Why would I ship a soggy piece of cardboard with the likes of an interesting, world-saving, friendship-embracing mare that's absolutely essential to the show?

I must have missed the part where I said that disliking a ship simply because it features two girls wasn't equally silly, could you please show me when I said that? And people who claim that a homosexual ship is ridiculous or impossible rarely does so because it's a homosexual ship. Also, you don't ship background characters do you? 

• Brohoof 1

The two big ones that come to mind are Sparity and ShiningTwi.

Dishonorable Mentions include.

-SoarinDash

-FlutterMac

-CaraJack

-TroubleJack

-FlashLight

-ShiDence

-TwiMac

-AppleMac

-BraeMac

• Brohoof 2

I really hate Rarity x Spike.. I personally ship Rarity and Big Mac, it just seems wrong to have Spike as anyones love interest as he's always portrayed as a child.. Plus I think Rarity can do better :) xx

• Brohoof 1

FlutterShy x Discord is my least favorite.

I'll certainly have to agree with this post. Fluttershy x Discord just to me doesn't work as a great ship. Fluttershy seems like the type that couldn't handle Discord's crazy chaotic antics.

I never like when people shipped Twilight x Celestia just never made sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I must have missed the part where I said that disliking a ship simply because it features two girls wasn't equally silly, could you please show me when I said that?

That sounds as though you agreed with my statement and then took issue with us having agreed. xD

And people who claim that a homosexual ship is ridiculous or impossible rarely does so because it's a homosexual ship. Also, you don't ship background characters do you? 

Funny, because I generally see people insisting that this or that pony simply can't be gay or bisexual or mare-curious (even when there's no solid evidence whatsoever concerning their sexuality).  Or citing that "it's a kids' show - they'd never do that" as though that or canon means squat where shipping is concerned.  To say nothing of the memes that pretend at rage when it's suggested that a particular mare could be interested in other mares.

With some exceptions, I see little point in shipping so-called background ponies.  I might as well walk into town and pick out the first two strangers I see.  Have them meet.  Develop feelings for each other.  Marry.  Move into a home with a picket fence.  Get a dog; probably a golden retriever.  Have forty children.  Grow distant.  Wonder if they married too soon.  Or if they were being manipulated by some outside force.  Divorce.  Fight over custody.  Meet other strangers.  Develop feelings for them.  Their respective relationships are strained because of what they had with each other.  And they have, after all, got forty children between them.  They end up realizing that they still harbor feelings for one another.  But what do?  They've already started relationships with other people!  And there was that messy divorce and subsequent custody battle...

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby