Who is your hero?

Ryzu

So everyone usually has someone they look up to or admire, and I'm interested in seeing who the members of the brony fandom chose as their hero. It's for a little information collecting that I'll be using in the future for something but it's mainly just for fun.

So who is your hero?

My hero:

Personally my hero is Arin Hanson, widely known as Egoraptor.

photo.jpg

He is an artist, animator, and technically but I don't think professionally seen as a comedian because of the channel Game Grumps.

The reason I admire him is because he's literally already accomplished almost all of my dreams and he never even finished high school. He earns a living off of doing what he loves and has literally everything you will ever need to keep a stable life. Plus his channel Game Grumps has helped a lot of people (including me) with things such as depression. He creates the content that I use to "get away" from all my troubles and have a laugh at. Arin pushes aside all judgments from everyone and does whatever he wants with his life whether people see it as silly or childish or even as mentally ill, and he's happy. He has wonderful friends that he spends his time with and that support him and that's really why I look up to him. He does what he loves while helping others and receiving tons of support and love from fans, friends, and family. That's what I want to do in life. Right now I don't really have the knowledge to do what I love yet but I am more than capable helping others. I have been posting frequently in the life advice section of the forums and I believe I've helped many people. Sometimes I even get PMs from the people I helped saying thank you, and I cry every time I read one. Anyways, that's why Arin is my hero. He may not be the most astounding person in the world but he is able to help so many people while keeping himself happy. I want so badly to be like him when I'm older. It would be a huge honor to meet him and one of my goals with a side hobby I have is to create a video game and have him play it on steam train.

Also, if you don't really have a hero you can tell us who you admire, whether it's someone you know, someone you don't, or even someone here on the forums.

• Brohoof 1

Don't really have a hero. But I do have people I admire.

Art Tatum

If you know who Art Tatum is, and what he does, you'll instantly understand why I admire him.

Sally Fitzgibbons

Australian surfer who's won a lot of competitions. She's really good.

One of my old music teachers

I had a music teacher who was a master of the piano. Mainly in jazz. Not only could he play classics beautifully, but he could also improvise really well. It was crazy. 

I also admire some people on here. Namely:

@Azura

Fantastic at making signatures and was the one who I took most inspiration from when I began to make sigs.

@Gone Airbourne

Also great at making signatures and a very nice person to talk to. ^^

@ooBrony

Very positive person and extremely kind.

• Brohoof 2

Two spring to mind:

Walt Disney.

img-3507503-1-Walt-and-Mickey.jpg

A man of great imagination, boundless ambition, universal compassion, and infinite idealism. I look to the world's he created and what he inspired others to create and am filled with admiration. I love how he believed in the power of wonder and magic within the human heart.

Buce Lee.

img-3507503-2-7606210_orig.jpg

This is a man that I could never be. His strength and speed were superhuman, his tenacity more so. Greater than either of these was his wisdom. Bruce was very much the ideal expressed in my cutie-mark. The pen crossed with the sword. He was what every martial artist should strive to be like. Balanced, focused, principled, and strong.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 4

People who give all that they have for the sake of something special are my heroes.

And im talking about people who genuinely help people who are in need or atleast try to help. Trying is act of heroism itself too. Trying means that you are not sure that you will succeed but you still attempt and give it a effort.

It doesnt matter if the things you do are big or small because the pure thought inside in your mind is the most important. Everyone is a hero inside and because everyone is one doesnt make the status any less special.

You cant be hero all the time sometimes are bad times but when those times appear there are always fellow heroes by your side. Yoyr heroes, your friends.

• Brohoof 1

My grandfather.

Throwing out Internet personalities...

Can't wrap my head around it at all. Perhaps it's a generational thing.

Celebrities in general, dunno. Just never understood it.

• Brohoof 1

Dan Uzan, a jewish security guard who sacrificed his life last Sunday to protect the people inside the jewish synagogue, when the terrorist attack in inner Copenhagen took place.

I can name quite a few people actually but here are a few

Nikola Tesla: Revolutionized electricity with his "alternating current" source which was more efficient than Thomas Edison's "direct current" and came up with multiple scientific theories that laid the foundations for things like radios, radar and even paved the way for the likes of Alan Turing (the inventory of the first computer). He came up with a way to harness the energy in earths ionosphere to supply free unlimited energy but had his funding cut by JP Morgan who because he wondered "how can I make money off of that?" He tried to free humanity from dependence on oil and the third world out of poverty and likely would have done so if his research wasn't stifled.

Gandhi: Helped lead India into a non violent independence movement from the British and formed the principles of active non violence or "Ahisma" that would influence many other non violent social reform movements most notable the American Civil Rights movement which leads me to...

Martin Luther King: He is rightfully known as being a leader of the Civil Rights movement yet also spoke out on other prominent issues like the Vietnam war and poverty. Despite all sorts of threats and the FBI bugging his phones he still kept going.

• Brohoof 3

My hero is my aunt on my mom's side.

She is literally the definition of optomistic. Even though she has breast cancer, cannot have children, and has other health problems, she just keeps smiling and insists on living life to the fullest.

She is always smiling, cracking smart ass jokes, laughing, etc.

I love her.

• Brohoof 2

I'm thinking about Nikola Tesla here. He only wanted what's best for science and mankind - he didn't even care some of his inventions were pilfered in the process. That's one man dedicated to his ambitions, and i can respect that. Even though he was quite deranged and reclusive by the end of his life.

Edited by Sleepwalker

And I know who my hero is.  He's a city slicker city boy who is witty, silly, energetic, heartwarming, caring, and faithful.  He's my motivation, my confidant, my love, and my North Star.

His name is   ;)

Carry me forward on our path,
Your guiding light I seek to have,
Sure in direction and full of delight,
Your love so warm, so whole and bright.

I pray, Oh Lord, for our souls will you keep,
Within ourselves your grace is deep,
Safe we stand with your might eternal,
It's you we thank for giving love internal.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

cross-silhouette1.jpg

~ Miles 

• Brohoof 1

I have 5 heroes. 3 real,and 2 fictional.

1. Neil Patrick Harris

neil-patrick-harris-300.jpg

2. Phoenix Wright/Godot

phoenix1.jpgGodot.png

3. James Rolfe/Markiplier

James_D._Rolfe.jpgtumblr_n8djrynh7C1szn4nao2_1280.png

My heroes are those who are there to help others. Those who care for others in times of hardships and pain. Those who would give their life to save the life of a stranger they don't even know. Those who can see people for who they are, face them without any judgement. Not many people are able to "love and tolerate" that way. You could also say that Kafka is one of my heroes, haven't read much of him but you can tell what he's been through through his stories and it helped me indirectly to become who I am today.

Personally this is going to sounds hella lame but my hero is...

mike.jpg

MGEMike the professional European TF2 player that has for along time now been the main reason I even play games on the PC and don't sell out to consoles.

He's extremely nice, helpful and REALLY GOOD AT TEAM FORTRESS, though I am now considered "EVENLY MATCHED" with him he will forever be the best player in my eyes

He has single handedly left a mark on competitive TF2 that no one will forget until this game is dead.

Obi Wan Kenobi

This is why.

Mark Martin

One of the greatest racing drivers of all time. Always drove clean, and always a prime example of what it means to have good sportsmanship.

Nikola Tesla

His life is one of the most tragic, yet inspiring stories I've ever heard of. If I had to pick any one famous person most like myself, it would probably be him.

Sir Issac Newton

Arguably the most brilliant person to ever live. So many of our advances in science and mathematics can be traced back to him.

Oh yeah?

Well I know this one guy from Austria that had like 10 million confirmed kills.

Sure there are some that deny it, but they're just haters.

My hero(s) are:

Brony Fandom: Dusty Kart (Manlist Brony), Dr Wolf

Ponies/MLP characters: Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie, Derpy, Snowdrop (she show even you're disable or blind you can do something)

Comic book heroes: Superman, Batman, Union Jack, Captain Britan, The Punisher (yes he may not be hero type, but anti hero), The Flash, Spider man

Football (Soccer) heroes: Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, Vidic, Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex Ferguson, Jaap Stam

Anime/Cartoon heroes: Ryuuko Matoi, Naruto, Korra, Teenage Mantant Ninja Turtles

Video game heroes: Spyro the dragon

Other heroes: Bruce Lee, British Armed forces (I'm British, Yes some can be disgrace but not entre forces), Winston Churchill.

Yes my hero list can be weird, what do you expect from me?

Edited by AdamBurt

I have two heroes:

Discord, yes I know it's a bit weird, but I really appreciate the way he thinka. And behind that trolling character is a kind heart and that shows that anyone can change with a little help from friends.

My other hero is my brother, he's always been there for me, even when it does seem like it. He's the one who brought me to this community and he's the one who helped me when I needed him the most even if he doesn't realize it himself

So if he reads this by any chance, thank you Brother

That is all..

Edited by Pucksterv

Funny you should ask this. :P

My hero is this guy right here:

10881565_1603022386586288_13357481149324

I'm serious. I absolutely adore this guy. Not just because he's gorgeous though. The reason he's my hero is because I had like really REALLY bad anxiety. I've had it for a very long time. However, when I first discovered him and started getting into him more, my anxiety started to really go away. Now, I hardly ever have to deal with it. I don't know why, but I think a lot of it is because of his confidence though. He's usually highly confident. He's also funny and very adorable personality wise not just by looks lol. In fact, he said something that really spoke to me once and that I'll never forget.

EfqZo1v.png

I told him he was my hero a while back, and just last Monday... I told him the reason why. So, that was what he said to me. <3 (dw means don't worry in case you don't know. Took me a while to figure it out too.)

Edited by AdorbzFangirl

• 4 weeks later...

My heroes (both living and deceased) include, but are not limited to:

• Mr. Rogers

• Steve Irwin

• Mother Teresa

• Jesus Christ

• Buddha

• Bill Gates

• Seal Team 6, and the US military in general (not all the time)

• Law enforcement, firefighters, security and EMT

• Nurses and doctors
  • Brohoof 1