Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suppose the Cutie Map summoned Big Mac somewhere

BrawnyCharger

As you may have already read from my posts before. One of the main things I want to see is Big Macintosh get to have a big hero moment in at least one episode. It was one of his desires back in "Brotherhooves Social". And if non Mane 6 ponies such as Starlight Glimmer and Trixie along with Thorax and Discord could be heroes, why not give Big Mac a moment in the sun? Granted, he has been getting more development since the episode, and that's good. But the hero moment has yet to come.

One opportunity to do that would be the through the Cutie Map. There have been other threads discussing other characters getting summoned by the cutie map. This past season, it summoned Starlight Glimmer in an episode, and Spike in another. So I guess this would be a perfect opportunity for the Big red stallion to do something awesome. 

There were some noodle incidents mentioned by Applejack when she was under Starlight's spell back in season 6, mentioning some great adventures that Big Mac was on at certain points. Maybe the Cutie Map could summon him back to those places and save the day.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 4

I think that would be quite a cool episode. Big Mac seems to have trouble with, or a dislike for, communicating, so seeing him in a situation where he needs to communicate to solve a problem would be a great thing for his character.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, EightBit said:

I think that would be quite a cool episode. Big Mac seems to have trouble with, or a dislike for, communicating, so seeing him in a situation where he needs to communicate to solve a problem would be a great thing for his character.

I don't think it's that he has trouble communicating or has a dislike of it. Where The Apple Lies shows that he talked all the time when he was younger, the problem was, he didn't know when to shut the hell up, and it nearly got him in a heap of trouble and almost hot his leg amputated, so he learned that there are times to speak and times to butt out.

Just now, ggg-2 said:

I don't think it's that he has trouble communicating or has a dislike of it. Where The Apple Lies shows that he talked all the time when he was younger, the problem was, he didn't know when to shut the hell up, and it nearly got him in a heap of trouble and almost hot his leg amputated, so he learned that there are times to speak and times to butt out.

In No Second Prances, though, when she forced Big Mac to speak, he became incredibly distressed by it, which hints that he disliked speaking at all. Perhaps it's something that he became used to, and when Starlight violated that, he was forced to do something that he wasn't comfortable with, which was speak.

20 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

Should he happen to be summoned, there might be a chance that he'll have to travel along with somepony else. Who'd make for a great traveling partner for Big Mac?

Pinkie Pie ! Always talking laughing screaming while he is calm and cold. What do you think ?

That's a great idea. I actually have an idea for an episode like that. WARNING: I GOT TOO CAUGHT UP WITH THIS LOL. 
Because of the fact I got too into detail into my idea for the episode, I put it in a spoiler thingy. If you can't be bothered to read it or don't want to etc, here's a tl;dr

Big Mac used to talk too much and it ended up making him ignorant to the problems around it, therefore he can relate to this pony because this pony turns out to be scared to be judged and therefore whenever he tries to talk, it comes out rudely, the pony doesn't actually realize any of this, and ends up hurting his friends etc.

Spoiler

This colour = Big Mac
This colour = Random pony who needs friendship problem solved. 
Every other colour is just a random pony is kind of irrelevant to the point they don't need stating what colour they are.

Big Mac isn't much of a talker, right? BUT we did learn that Big Mac used to never stop talking, and because of that he found it hard to be more responsible. I thought maybe the cutie map could summon him to somepony who has a problem in terms of talking, the best bet in my mind was, at the beginning:

"Well, I don't need your help, I care about my friends and they know I do, so nope, no friendship problem here, or whatever it is."
The message he wanted to give was: "I don't know what that is, but my friends and I are fine, so, I'm not sure what it is you said you were here for, but I can't help with that."
Message given: "Don't know, don't care, goodbye."

After that, Big Mac thinks that the pony he had just tried to talk to is not the problem, because they seemed to not exactly have any actual interest in friendship. At the same time, Big Mac keeps an eye on him simply because of that fact. Big Mac continues asking around in town if there's been any problems lately. No pony says there is. After asking two ponies said question to get no answer friendship problem worthy, he overhears them whispering as he walks away. "Do you think-" "No, definitely not, --- is too rude, there's no way that pony is here to help him. Not even sure why his friends even like him." "Agreed." Big Mac recognises the name spoken, as it was the pony he encountered upon arriving to that town. 

Big Mac was on his way to talk to that pony again, but sees him with his friends and listens in. "That idea is pretty terrible. This is all you could do? Trust me, ---, it needs improvement," the pony says to a friend. Quite rude, isn't it? The friends are offended, "Seriously, ---? You don't need to be that rude. I know I asked for everypony's criticism for the festival banner but there's a difference between helping somepony improve and just being plain mean. Ugh," all the friends storm off angry at this pony. Big Mac approaches,

"Were you eavesdropping?"
"Eeyup." (could not help myself).
"Why? Tch, and they think I'm rude."
"Technically ya are. I admit what I did was a wee bit wrong but just because what ay did was bad doesn't mean yours ain't."
"Whatever, like I said, I don't need your help. Criticism is necessary and they just can't see that."
"I just think you can't see how rude you're being to them, they're your friends, and one of 'em was right. It's good to be honest, but not if you're being rude about it. I think you're being a mighty bit stubbor-"
"Stop, enough. I care about my friends so stop acting like I don-"
"I neve-"
"So just leave me alone, or in fact just leave this town. No pony needs your help, especially not me. This happens all the time and in the end everything turns out okay again."
"That's called forgiveness, and it has limitations. Eventually this could just break your friendship."
"I know what I'm doing, or saying...whatever, I just don't need help. Goodbye."
The pony walks away and Big Mac sighs (I swear this isn't a fanfic I don't know how I ended up like this, I've gotten carried away but it's too late to stop now).

Later on Big Mac finds the group of friends again.
"I just can't believe that pony. Is he ever going to be nice?"
"The way he talks annoys me, sometimes I wish he'd just never talk at all."
"I say we just don't hang out with him anymore. We've given him so many chances to be our friend but he always ends up being rude."
"Agreed, as much as I hate to do this, we can't just let him be mean to us."

theyyYYYyyy go and talk to the pony and Big Mac follows.
"---, we need to talk."
"About what? I'm busy."
"Of course you are, but we jus-"
"So if you know I'm busy then why are you disturbing me now?"
"We just wanted to-"
"Come back later and talk."
"Look, we don't want to be your friend anymore."
"Wait, what?"
"We all agreed that we should take some....space from you, whether it be temporary or not."
"But why? What did I do?"
"Honestly, what haven't you done? We keep trying to be your friend but whenever we talk to you you just end up saying something rude."

and bla bla bla

they walk away, he's sad, maybe cue a heartwarming song because friendship is magical and we find out the rude guy doesn't wanna be rude but it's hard to say things right

Big Mac realizes the problem, this is his friendship problem he came to solve

"I told you that there are limitations."
"Wait, were you here the whole time?"
"Eeyup."
"Are you kid......ugh, who am I even kidding. I give up, everything I say just comes out wrong."
"Then think of another way to say it."
"If it were that easy I'd do it, I've talked this way my whole life. I haven't always lived in this town, where I'm from, the way I talked didn't matter. I think it was because I already had friends, for a long time may I add. I never had to adjust or try to learn about them, I knew everything. I was comfortable...but...when we moved here, when we moved here.....I...."
"Being nice isn't actually hard. I'll tell you somethin', my family changed a lot. I don't talk as much as I used to, and my sister is an honest apple now, but it took a situation like this for us to realize that talking too much, or lyin', just ain't right. So we changed what was wrong, we didn't change who we truly were, but we changed what made us bad."
"You lost your friends to a situation like this from being too talkative and lying?"
"Nah, I suppose it ain't EXACTLY like this, but doing what we did could've cost us everything we have, and it turns out, doin' the opposite was the right thing to do all along, and because of that, we didn't lose nothin'. In fact, my sister's honesty is what's now helping Equestria grow as a better place, riddin' evil and stuff like that. I spose the moral is that staying true to you are whilst also being the best pony you can be can help you become something far greater than what's fathomable, and that's the greatest thing you can achieve."
"I-I guess the truth is that when we moved here, I was just too scared that the new ponies I'd meet would hate me. At first it was fine, but I was just so nervous to meet new ponies that I'd say what I didn't mean. I meant to say it but I didn't. Does that make sense?"
"Uh, nope."
"I was shy in a way. I knew what I meant, but when it came out, it came out in the wrong way. Like when you saw me trying to help --- improve her banner idea for the festival, I was being honest when I said the idea was terrible, but I didn't mean to say terrible. --- is super creative, and I knew she could do better. I actually wanted to tell her that it wasn't her best idea, and that I know how good she is at what she does. I just wanted her to shine with her talent, but instead all I did was disrespect it overall."
"Now I get it. Tell you what, though, I'm not the pony you should be telling this to."
"I know, but what would be the point in me even trying to explain? I know it was bad of me, but it'll just get worse, I'll just end up being rude again. They all just hate me now, and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon. No pony can change overnight." 
"You said it was 'cause you were scared, right? You explained everything to me, even what you had meant to say, and not one bit of it was rude. It was clear and honest. You are right, no pony can change in the blink of an eye, but that doesn't mean change is impossible. Every pony has to start somewhere, and I think you should start by talking to them and apologizing. I'm just a stranger, but those are your friends. If you can talk to me without being rude, you can surely start being a better friend."
"I...I guess that's true."

they go to the ponies, he explains everything, they forgive him, he gets sad because the town still hates him, the friends suggest he help with the festival and show to the town that he's trying to be a better pony
some things can still come out as rude but he's trying his best, festival happens, the ponies slowly start to see the difference in his personality

"I just want to say to everypony, that I never meant to be rude to any of you. When I moved here, I didn't know what to expect. Moving meant leaving my old friends behind, and I was too scared that I wouldn't be able to make new ones. In the end that fear made me become somepony I didn't want to be, and I'm so sorry for being the way I was for so long. But I swear, even if I'm still rude sometimes, I'm doing my best to change, and I hope you can accept me for the pony I'm trying to become."
forgiveness happens again bla bla bla
big mac friendship problem solved

"Big Mac! You're back, how was it? Did it go well?"
"Yes, Twilight. Turns out, I didn't need to do much, I just needed to push somepony in the right direction, and help them see that what they were doing would only ruin his life."
"I'm so proud of ya Big Mac, I know none of us know what you had to do, but I don't doubt that map, I jus' you were the perfect pony for the job."
"Thank you Applejack. It is good to be home, though. There's nothing better than being back with your friends."
some stuff here and there
baboom
eeyup
episode end

Edited by Silver Wing
  • Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind seing an episode focused on him like that, as we haven't had many like it, or at all, as they usually focused on other characters too. 

On 11/5/2017 at 6:03 PM, EightBit said:

I like that idea too, but it would be diffficult to make. I would certainly love to see that though.