Did you like it?  

476 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The only thing I didn't like was Starlight Glimmer's character design. Did they really have to make her like an already presented character? That was the only thing I didn't like. But I DID like how it wasn't all about Twilight, but then again it wasn't all about the other five. They all had equal spotlight.

I think that was the point. Starlight's really just like any other pony. She's not a spirit of Chaos, or a Changeling, or a giant centaur, or even some super powerful Dark Unicorn. She's just really good at convincing ponies to follow her.

• Brohoof 9

I would have loved to know Starlight's motivations for all this. Hopefully we find out when she returns.

But this was awesome :D Ponies are back <3

Yes, I expect her return too.

Also, I've noticed this, that town has a more equal (LOL) ratio between mares and stallions, we usually see more mares.

-Am I noticing that side characters are getting more spotlight lately? Vinyl Scratch didn't went all rainbowfied, but the sirens would have won if not were for her help, also the upcoming 100th episode, and now this, side characters saved the day

-And those 9 or 8 magicals artifacts of whatever, I feel they'll play an important part later 

• Brohoof 3

I thought Tirek was pretty terrifying and I loved Tirek.

I also loved how the S4 finale felt like I was watching DragonBall Z instead of My Little Pony :lol:

I know, that episode was BEAST, a masterpiece in every way!

• Brohoof 1

Basey!! ^_^

Yeah, I liked how Starlight was just an average looking character. There was nothing special about her. It's kind of a nice break from all the chaos we've had in previous season openers. 

• Brohoof 3

It was pretty neat! I like what I see so far. It might be too early to speculate but could Twilight be recruiting an army? She liberated a village from a dictator and made new friends. There also is going to be an episode celebrating background ponies. And she has a giant magic map of Equestria. Twilight's magic is stronger because of friendship. The more friends she has the more powerful her magic. And Ms. McCarthy did hint that the map can do "other things" if the user's magic is strong enough... hmmm.......

Still too early to say.

• Brohoof 2

Commence the shipping huh? 

There is Pinkie x Party Favor. The names are a given

Pinkie x The muffin pony after she gets over the muffins

Pinkie x that cupcake pony. That's a given

Fluttershy x Party Favor. So many givens.

Snowboard pony x Starlight Glimmer. They seem to have some interesting history.

Rainbow Dash x that one Pegasus: They look similar.

Speaking of muffins, I don't know what will Derpy think of when she eat those muffins...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

so is it called cutie markless or the cutie map? which is it?

I believe it's now the cutie map. Prob b/c of the backlash of the original title. The new one's much better IMO.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 1

I LOVED this episode...

First time in forever that a kickstarter felt like a good ol' season 1 episode! it wasn't cluttered with fan service, the writers had fluent and clever writing, it wasn't super over the top...it was just an honest true pony episode! 4.5/5 stars for me!

• Brohoof 2

I believe it's now the cutie map. Prob b/c of the backlash of that title. The new one's much better IMO.

yeah, it is better, altough the cutie map wasn't really the main focus of the episode, but still, it does introduce us to the main way they'll find out about stuff during this season

• Brohoof 2

I LOVED this episode...

First time in forever that a kickstarter felt like a good ol' season 1 episode! it wasn't cluttered with fan service, the writers had fluent and clever writing, it wasn't super over the top...it was just an honest true pony episode! 4.5/5 stars for me!

Yeah, it actually didn't feel very rushed this time, like some other 2-parters. Even Starlight wasn't a very intimidating villain, just a regular pony like everyone else.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why they were having so many doubts about the map :comeatus:

Map2.png

You can always trust that guy. He can get you there, I bet. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Is it just me, but did anybody think Starlight Glimmer was Chrysalis?

No; Chrysalis's gimmick is "love," not "equality," and her magic's green, not blue.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

yeah, it is better, altough the cutie map wasn't really the main focus of the episode, but still, it does introduce us to the main way they'll find out about stuff during this season

Yes, I like it's duel meaning. The cutie map in the cave or the map of Equestria. Anyway, much better.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 1

So this was pretty good! Very funny at times, and I appreciated how the mane 6 took a backseat and let the villagers save them. Larson is brilliant, once again he tasks Fluttershy as the one to send on the rescue mission, and it turns into hilarity.

I'd give it an 8.5, but Fluttershy tossing the bucket of water, AND MISSING, makes it a 9.

• Brohoof 1

I think that was the point. Starlight's really just like any other pony. She's not a spirit of Chaos, or a Changeling, or a giant centaur, or even some super powerful Dark Unicorn. She's just really good at convincing ponies to follow her.

And it's that level of deception which makes her a viable threat to anyone in and around Equestria. If she's managed to escape through those mountains, chances are she'll be bringing anyone she meets to her side for revenge. If and when that may happen, we won't know for a while.

• Brohoof 3

No; Chrysalis gimmick is love, not equality, and her magic's green, not blue.

Yeah, I guess...but you never know! I just really want more Chrysalis episodes...

Commence the shipping huh?

There is Pinkie x Party Favor. The names are a given

Pinkie x The muffin pony after she gets over the muffins

Similar personalities are always important on a shipping,but I honestly balance for the Muffin Mare x Party Favor in terms of design,possible backstory and linked talents.

Snowboard pony x Starlight Glimmer. They seem to have some interesting history.

I personally think that the Snowboard Pony was one of the first to be turned during the Starlight Reign,and that something happened between them. Good point.

Rainbow Dash x that one Pegasus: They look similar.

No. Just no.

A shipping sin is to ship two ponies just putting the base over a similar design. Do we know enought details of the other pony,like what happens with Party Flavor?

Yes, I like it's duel meaning. The cutie map in the cave or the map of Equestria. Anyway, much better.

cutie map in the cave? hmm, don't remember this part

• Brohoof 1