Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

Surprised this hasn't been linked yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKu6S3uNKXw

Thoughts?

Peridot's reaction says it all: the Homeworld finally got the memo.

Also, Steven is turning 14? I actually thought he was younger.

These StevenBomb looks like it is going to be quite interesting.

With all those Rubies, whatever Peridot is doing, maybe finally seeing Yellow Diamond, and Steven turning 14.

I thought he would be turning 13 instead.

Seems a little older than I initially thought he was.

I'm late on the bandwagon for Steven Universe, I've only actually watched like 15 episodes (though I've seen many clips and basically get the lore), but oh god I just saw the new trailer and I'm so excited. And nervous. Nervouscited. 

Peri, don't betray us! She's quickly becoming my favorite gem, and like Steven said, "an angry little slice of pie". I personally (like many others) want to see her stay allied with the Crystal Gems, but time will tell. I'm also really excited to find out how Ruby and Sapphire first met.

Most importantly...we may get to finally see Yellow Diamond  :squee:

• Brohoof 2

Surprised this hasn't been linked yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKu6S3uNKXw

Thoughts?

With Peridot, what I think is going to happen is she finally got the message from Homeworld but they have exiled her from Homeworld because she failed her mission so now she's got to stay on Earth. So she gets really angry at the Crystal gems for making her fail her mission and that's the reason she is attacking them.

• Brohoof 1

I think Peridot does have a small melt down but will change how she feels and I wonder more on Yellow...

Also Steve is like 15 :sunbutt: .........

• Brohoof 1

I think Peridot does have a small melt down but will change how she feels and I wonder more on Yellow...

Also Steve is like 15 :sunbutt: .........

It shows in the promo that he's now 14

Steven is the first non-smart protagonist I've ever actually found myself liking. (Let's have Pearl play Road Killer, give Sadie no input on her show, and just walk up and talk to the mysterious new gem with hands ready to attack!)

At first, Pearl was my favourite Crystal Gem. Then it was Garnet. Then Back To The Barn happened, and it finally became Pearl once again. But Garnet still has the second-place spot.

• Brohoof 1

I am sooo excited for the new Steven Bomb, guys!!

It's going to be so great! I'm worried about the crew changing the plan of episodes though... Perhaps "The New Lars" won't happen?! I'll be soooo let down! Give me more side characters please; more Lars and Sadie! Or Garnet and Steven episodes. <3

I still love the show no matter what though, I'm hyped for whatever's in store for us!

• Brohoof 1

Apparently leaks had been posted on Beach City Bugle and the recent one was full of spoiler. I was tempted to check anyway, but seeing the opening was a tweet saying watching this leak will ruin Stevenbomb, I pulled out.

The temptation is high though ;_:

• Brohoof 1

Apparently leaks had been posted on Beach City Bugle and the recent one was full of spoiler. I was tempted to check anyway, but seeing the opening was a tweet saying watching this leak will ruin Stevenbomb, I pulled out.

The temptation is high though ;_:

Stahhhpp! I already regret viewing that video you posted... my fault, not yours, I freely admit. No more! Lol! :P

• Brohoof 1

From episode The Answer I just realized something

Timelords: Very advanced race of practically immortals setting only to observed the universe

Gems: Very advanced race of practically immortals setting conquering the universe 

Two sides of the same coin or Ying and Yang

• Brohoof 2

Awesome episode! This is one of those times I wish the episodes were 22 minutes so they could flesh out more. Nevertheless, it gave us a lot to chew on (like Rupphire!).

That said...

I have a really bad feeling that Peridot might get smashed (and not in the festive nightcap to Steven's birthday kind of way) in "Message Received." Why? Because if Blue Diamond's response to Ruby fusing with Sapphire accidentally is any indication, Homeworld leadership doesn't offer much by way of mercy to those Gems of a lower caste. So I now have this sinking feeling Yellow Diamond will appear in some capacity and do some serious damage to our favorite angry little slice of pie. :(

The alternative -- which is admittedly more likely -- is for Peridot to get warped back home or otherwise leave the planet. The description for the episode following "Message Received" indicates Steven will listen through Peridot's audio logs, probably to better understand why she chose the Homeworld over the Crystal Gems. But if Steven listens to the tapes after Peridot gets turned into dust... increase those feels by a factor of 10.

Should Peridot go back to the Homeworld and be spared, I bet it'll be part of a heel face turn Peridot will undergo upon returning to Earth as the Homeworld ramps up its efforts to destroy the Crystal Gems. But Peridot isn't sticking around to stop the Cluster.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome episode! This is one of those times I wish the episodes were 22 minutes so they could flesh out more. Nevertheless, it gave us a lot to chew on (like Rupphire!).

That said...

I have a really bad feeling that Peridot might get smashed (and not in the festive nightcap to Steven's birthday kind of way) in "Message Received." Why? Because if Blue Diamond's response to Ruby fusing with Sapphire accidentally is any indication, Homeworld leadership doesn't offer much by way of mercy to those Gems of a lower caste. So I now have this sinking feeling Yellow Diamond will appear in some capacity and do some serious damage to our favorite angry little slice of pie. :(

The alternative -- which is admittedly more likely -- is for Peridot to get warped back home or otherwise leave the planet. The description for the episode following "Message Received" indicates Steven will listen through Peridot's audio logs, probably to better understand why she chose the Homeworld over the Crystal Gems. But if Steven listens to the tapes after Peridot gets turned into dust... increase those feels by a factor of 10.

Should Peridot go back to the Homeworld and be spared, I bet it'll be part of a heel face turn Peridot will undergo upon returning to Earth as the Homeworld ramps up its efforts to destroy the Crystal Gems. But Peridot isn't sticking around to stop the Cluster.

My theory is that Peridot gets the reply from Yellow Diamond that she's been seeking for but instead of warping her back to homeworld or something, they exile her from homeworld for failing her mission so she gets really angry at the crystal gems because they made her fail her mission which is the reason she is attacking them. 

• Brohoof 1

My theory is that Peridot gets the reply from Yellow Diamond that she's been seeking for but instead of warping her back to homeworld or something, they exile her from homeworld for failing her mission so she gets really angry at the crystal gems because they made her fail her mission which is the reason she is attacking them. 

That's an interesting theory I hadn't considered. It's harder for me to buy into it because it's unlikely Steven would poke through Peridot's personal possessions unless she a.) gave him explicit permission or b.) had left and wasn't going to return. On another note, it's doubtful Peridot would run off again on Earth: she knows she wouldn't be able to escape the Cluster, and the show already spent a chunk of time having the Gems hunt Peridot. It would be old hat for her to flee into the wilderness.

My suspicion is Peridot attacks the Gems out of an expectation of imminent support from the Homeworld, namely an extraction. There's also Pearl's line to Steven in the promo ("Don't worry! You can feel horrible all you want back at the Temple!"), implying Steven had an inadvertent role in Peridot's rampage. Perhaps Peridot tricks him into doing something that ultimately expedites her escape. Peridot can then join Grant Ward in the illustrious pantheon of backstabbing allies who are more capable than they let on.

• Brohoof 2

That's an interesting theory I hadn't considered. It's harder for me to buy into it because it's unlikely Steven would poke through Peridot's personal possessions unless she a.) gave him explicit permission or b.) had left and wasn't going to return. On another note, it's doubtful Peridot would run off again on Earth: she knows she wouldn't be able to escape the Cluster, and the show already spent a chunk of time having the Gems hunt Peridot. It would be old hat for her to flee into the wilderness.

My suspicion is Peridot attacks the Gems out of an expectation of imminent support from the Homeworld, namely an extraction. There's also Pearl's line to Steven in the promo ("Don't worry! You can feel horrible all you want back at the Temple!"), implying Steven had an inadvertent role in Peridot's rampage. Perhaps Peridot tricks him into doing something that ultimately expedites her escape. Peridot can then join Grant Ward in the illustrious pantheon of backstabbing allies who are more capable than they let on.

Well it's clear to see that Steven had something to do with this or else he wouldn't be so upset unless the reason he is so upset is because of Peridot betraying the Crystal gems including Steven since Steven thought him and Peridot were close as friends, to have someone betray you after that must really hurt.

I don't think Steven did anything wrong as you would think the gems would be angry at him but they seem quite calm about it, they do look a little tense but they don't seem to be blaming Steven for anything. I truly think he's just upset at Peridot's betray.

The only other thing is the description for the episode where Steven listens to Peridots diary is: "Steven sneaks a listen to a friend’s audio diary.".

​Why does it still say friend? if peridot maybe betrayed them, you wouldn't consider Peridot still a friend

OMG OMG OMG XD. I found out something 

Everyone seems to think that the Message Received episode is going to be about peridot betraying the crystal gems. Well after finding some leaked footage of the episode just a minute ago, It turns out... STEVEN BETRAY'S PERIDOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5RReTvknRw

It also shows how loyal Peridot is to Yellow Diamond and this also explains the reason peridot attacked the Crystal Gems!

Now i've found out way too much XD.

There is big! spoilers below so if you don't want it to be spoiled then don't read.

I just watched two leaked videos of Message Received and Log date 7 15 2 and you wouldn't believe what I found.

I don't know much about them but one what I've seen, in Message received, Peridot is instead betrayed by Steven unlike Peridot betraying Steven because apparently she stole something to be able to communicate with Yellow Diamond.

That's all i know of that

But after seeing the leaked video of Log date 7 15 2, Big news is that peridot doesn't betray the crystal gems and she in fact... JOINS THEM after apparently calling Yellow Diamond a clop right in her face. She betrayed her creator for Steven... i think.

The answer is love.    I love the new pure message of this ep of love can be a answer and reason to be with the one person no matter who or what gender they are.    Also given now we got a better look at the Blue Court  and a better idea of the Gem ranks and how they seem to look and act.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Peridot might betray the Crystal Gems?

Honestly, I don't know...

Anyway, I found The Answer to be a really cute and heartwarming episode. ^_^

In a way, I feel like you could be right about Peridot, especially after seeing Stevens Birthday and how they left her to work on that drill by herself.

Edited by JRex95