Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

• 5 months later...

Can somepony here explain to me why somepony would like Lapis over Peridot?  I just have a hard time understanding that.  I really like Peridot and I hate seeing her having her heart ripped out and stomped on by Lapis, and I also hate that Lapis got to save the day by dropping the barn and all the stuff in it(Like their meep morps) on Blue Diamond, like, she just destroyed Peridot's home after stealing it.

(edited)
20 hours ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

Can somepony here explain to me why somepony would like Lapis over Peridot?  I just have a hard time understanding that.  I really like Peridot and I hate seeing her having her heart ripped out and stomped on by Lapis, and I also hate that Lapis got to save the day by dropping the barn and all the stuff in it(Like their meep morps) on Blue Diamond, like, she just destroyed Peridot's home after stealing it.

Honestly I disliked Lapis from day 1. And Peridot being my favorite, Lapis' treatment of her made my dislike simply stronger. 

But ey different strokes for different folks. :3 

I'm just salty because Lapislazuli is one of my absolute favorite minerals in real life :(

Edited by DripMoondrop
Auto correct oof
  • Brohoof 1

@DripMoondrop: Peridot is my favorite too! 

So, in a video where a YouTuber(SliceofOtaku) explained why he didn't like Lapis, and I came across a really lengthy comment in the comments section where somepony explained why Lapis was written well because she was written to be a bully, and that she is on the side of the good guys, not because she's a good guy, but because it's easier for her, and she is showing the viewer that toxic abusers and bullies can come in many forms, and since Steven likes Lapis and wants to see her good side and because the show is through Steven's eyes, he shows her to us as he sees her, a good guy who sacrificed herself in Malachite.  If that is true than, all I can say to Lapidot fans is, do you really want Peridot to be paired up with someone who doesn't really actually care for her in the same way she does?  Peridot's been doing so much for Lapis, and what does Lapis do?  Flee to the moon with Peridot's home and stuff.  And what about Pumpkin?  She just dismissed Pumpkins feelings like, "Pumpkin's never seen or met the diamonds, so her opinions on where she lives don't matter in this situation."  Wait a minute, I just realized while typing this that Lapis wasn't going to originally take the barn or their stuff with them, but when Peridot said she didn't want to go, Lapis still took the stuff.  Why?  Also, What Raising the Barn told me is that Lapis has created an environment in the barn where Peridot is so afraid of Lapis's reaction that she is hiding her true self and doesn't feel completely comfortable revealing things that she needs to but she knows will make Lapis upset.  Also, in Barn Mates, Lapis blames Peridot for her current situation on Earth, when it was Lapis's decision to stay on Earth, trapped and fused as Malachite.

I feel lots of sympathy for Pearl.  She was with Rose for millennias, and then recently Rose saw a human dude and said, "Who cares about you Pearl I like this dude I barely know and just met so much I'm going to have a baby and leave you and the rest of the Crystal Gems heartbroken."  Not literally but that is almost exactly what she did.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Bas said:

Surely an impressive villain.

The song (luckily) didn't sound like most SU songs and more like a Disney one. :ooh:

The olds can be pretty good too, Garnet's and Pearl's songs are my favs ^^

It does sound like Disney now that I think about it...even Spinkie's Origins has that Toy Story vibe 

Spoiler

I'm going to guess that someone who worked on this watches Friendship is Magic. We have a friends amnesia musical plot like Magical Mystery Cure. A villain that is Pinkie Pie. Also an element of the main character's moment of accession into royalty which I'm just referencing to also happen in Magical Mystery Cure.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/11/2019 at 8:13 AM, Dawn-Sunlight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spinel is a character that surprised me because WOW was she executed good, her actions make sense, and she is a good character.  Steg, on the other hoof, I almost wish didn't exist.

Kinda wish they went with something similar to the Fanart 

68821010_1035978659942821_55106903713539

But y'know after replaying independent together a couple the new design starts growing on yah ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 1:22 AM, Vulcan said:

But y'know after replaying independent together a couple the new design starts growing on yah ^^

Honestly, Independent Together was probably my least favorite song in the movie.

Anypony seen the new Steven Universe intro yet? 

Spoiler

I love it because it means Peri gets a solo I mean multiple things that add to it's greatness.  For instance, I'm now really hyped for the possible villains we were shown in the intro, and I really hope these Lapis's are better and more consistent than the one we already have in personality.

I hope Peridot gets more screen time in this new season.

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight

• 2 weeks later...

Aye! Didn't know there was a Steven Universe thread! I love SU!

Got into it this year and wow is it amazing! 2nd fav show (behind mlp) 

Favorite episode is a hard one, but might have to say either Mr.Greg or Reunited. Favorite characters 1.Garnet 2.Peridot 3.Steven

Don't own any merch, but did buy two star shirts because I'm planning to do a Stevonnie cosplay (so gunna crop it) and another shirt to keep regular. Also purchased Steven's gem to place on my stomach. And yes def. need a shoulder to cry on because I cry so much watching this show. And the movie was fucking amazing! When I found out the movie was coming, I had to quickly rewatch the show after I had just finished it XD.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

@Misscellanio: My favorite episode is Catch and Release.  I love Peridot too!

That’s a great episode. Seriously pretty much Any episode in Peridot’s redemption/transition arch is a great one. 

I am particularly fond of “too short to ride.”

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

@Misscellanio: Yep, because it's Peridot, for me any episode where she plays a major role where Lapis isn't being the absolute worst is a great episode.  I honestly feel like Peri needs more screen time.  How do you feel about Lapis?

I love Lapis! I don't really dislike any characters in the show or movie, so yeah. 

11 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

I love Lapis!

You have the complete opposite opinion of me there.  I hate Lapis so much.  I think earlier posts on here by me sum it up pretty well, so I'll just quote them.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, Dawn-Sunlight said:

I really like Peridot and I hate seeing her having her heart ripped out and stomped on by Lapis, and I also hate that Lapis got to save the day by dropping the barn and all the stuff in it(Like their meep morps) on Blue Diamond, like, she just destroyed Peridot's home after stealing it. 

and

On 7/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, Dawn-Sunlight said:

So, in a video where a YouTuber(SliceofOtaku) explained why he didn't like Lapis, and I came across a really lengthy comment in the comments section where somepony explained why Lapis was written well because she was written to be a bully, and that she is on the side of the good guys, not because she's a good guy, but because it's easier for her, and she is showing the viewer that toxic abusers and bullies can come in many forms, and since Steven likes Lapis and wants to see her good side and because the show is through Steven's eyes, he shows her to us as he sees her, a good guy who sacrificed herself in Malachite.  If that is true than, all I can say to Lapidot fans is, do you really want Peridot to be paired up with someone who doesn't really actually care for her in the same way she does?  Peridot's been doing so much for Lapis, and what does Lapis do?  Flee to the moon with Peridot's home and stuff.  And what about Pumpkin?  She just dismissed Pumpkins feelings like, "Pumpkin's never seen or met the diamonds, so her opinions on where she lives don't matter in this situation."  Wait a minute, I just realized while typing this that Lapis wasn't going to originally take the barn or their stuff with them, but when Peridot said she didn't want to go, Lapis still took the stuff.  Why?  Also, What Raising the Barn told me is that Lapis has created an environment in the barn where Peridot is so afraid of Lapis's reaction that she is hiding her true self and doesn't feel completely comfortable revealing things that she needs to but she knows will make Lapis upset.  Also, in Barn Mates, Lapis blames Peridot for her current situation on Earth, when it was Lapis's decision to stay on Earth, trapped and fused as Malachite.

Sorry if these come out too harsh, I'm trying to explain why I don't like Lapis.

Also, I actually do think she's only a Crystal Gem because it's easier for her and not because she actually believes in what the Crystal Gems do or loves the Earth based on this line, "If they're going to punish me like a Crystal Gem, I might as well be one".

The unfortunate thing is that Lapis had the opportunity to be a good character, if we take away all her appearances where she's being the worst like Barn Mates or Room for Ruby or especially Raising the Barn, and keep the ones where she was a great supporting character like Gem Harvest or my favorite appearance of her, Hit the Diamond, she would be a funny, supportive character, probably one of my favorites.

She and White, Yellow and especially Pink Diamond are the only characters in Steven Universe that I don't like, I haven't watched, like, most of the show, just a lot of clips and all of Peridot's episodes, plus the ending of season 5, basically all of Diamond Days I think.

4 minutes ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

Sorry if these come out too harsh, I'm trying to explain why I don't like Lapis.

I mean, you don't have to explain yourself to me ahahahaha

18 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Oh hey! A Steven Universe topic! :kirin:

A friend got me hooked on the show a couple or so weeks ago. I ended up watching all the episodes and the movie within the space of a week. :mlp_laugh:

Welcome to the Universe! 

• Brohoof 1