Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is/are the saddest movie(s) you've ever watched?

Alphys Hedge

Grave Of The Fireflies had me in tears... and when I watched it the second time, I was bawling within two minutes.

The Dark Backward, though darkly humorous (and hard to find), was hard and uncomfortable to contemplate for the main character; you end up not only feeling sorry for the poor guy, but I physically CRINGED at how bad some of it got.

Sucker Punch was a highly underrated movie, in my opinion... and though the end is hopeful, it has enough misery and suffering in it to rank here, for me.

A Mouse And His Child is one of my favorite animated movies of all time... but it does a number of horrible and depressing things to its' protagonists.  Plus, a number of parts of it are deeply surreal, and discomforting.  I first saw it when I was about five -  might explain a bit about me...

Pink Floyd's The Wall and Tommy are both excellent rock operas, but both have portions of them that are twisted and wholly depressing... of course, that's how they were meant to be, as it fit with the story.

The winner?  The Grapes Of Wrath, a black-and-white classic.  If you haven't seen this yet, give it a shot at least once... it blows the others on my list away.

• Brohoof 1

Saddest movie for me? I don't particularly watch sad movies, and usually the sad parts make me laugh instead.

I guess it'll be TLK....

or does Carrie count? Cuz that ones a bit sad for me, even though I think its supposed to be a horror film

• Brohoof 3

I almost never watch sad movies....my heart can't take it.... 

I hear grave of the fireflies is the saddest....

In terms of the movies I normally watch  I guess 3 Idiots would be up there, It really hits the feels every dang time I watch it. 

Edited by Crescent Light
  • Brohoof 1

The Time Traveler's Wife was incredibly sad nearly the whole way through. I almost never watch "serious" romance movies, and wish I had not seen this one.

Benji the Hunted also had some tear jerker moments. I'm a total sap when it comes to sad animal scenes. XD

There are more, but I can't remember them right now. I don't usually watch extremely sad feelsy movies. :P

Edited by Lady Kiriness
  • Brohoof 1