Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How honest are you?

Hashi

Honesty  

135 users have voted

1. 1. Honesty Scale

• Applejack (SuperHonest)
    • White lies (For emotional sakes)
    • Wordsmith (To tell the absoloute truth, and yet give them another idea entirely)
    • Loki (Lying is part of you)

I am a master liar... Mostly from lying my way out of sneaking cookies from the cookie jar when I was little. They say George Washington was a master of lies, and he used such skills to trick the enemy or spark hope in his men.

Probably should be more honest... I want to become a more devote Catholic 

I try to be as honest as I can be, but I find that to be a bit difficult. Mostly because I am always nervous of saying something that might anger someone or unintentionally offend someone, I try to avoid that too. It can be conflicting. I guess I am overly sensitive. Which that can be a negative and a positive.

I am very honest, but not blunt. Ive never been the type of person to insult someone else and say 'hey I'm just brutally honest' to justify it. I just can't lie, I would be terrible at it. I would come up with some of the stupidest lies ever. I couldn't even think of a good lie if you paid me. I generally just keep my mouth shut 90% of the time anyway, so no need to lie about anything. 

The only time I'm not honest is when I don't want to hurt someone's feelings, like if they ask if they look big in their clothes or stuff like that. I am honest, but I'm not going to play innocent here. haha

I am as honest as I have to be given the nature and circumstance of a situation.   If you are my friend IRL and we are having a chat I will be blatantly honest and cut straight to the core of things, however if there is a sensitive subject in which I myself would view my honesty as coming off too brash or insulting or rude, I will adjust my response accordingly, I will STILL be honest, just not tactless in my response.

Lies always backfire on me and people always find out I'm lying (usually from a third party) so in general, I tell the truth. Unless someone's feelings could be hurt. I really don't want to hurt anyone, whether it be physically, emotionally, or anything else.

(edited)

Although Applejacks my favorite character, Im not very honest. One Philosophy: Do whatever it takes to benefit myself.

Survival of the fittest and all that junk. Let me just say that means telling the truth is usually not the best option.

maybe that means im lying right now :umad:

Edited by AppleJack_Wack

I'll admit I have lied, but I also work my hardest to be honest with people because that's where true friendship lies, I wish I was more like Applejack and didn't lie at all, but sadly that's not the case. Granted sometimes honesty isn't always the best policy, but I try not to lie because it's wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Lying is a requirement in my line of being. Hell, I'm so good at lying and tricking people that I do it to myself all the time.

Well now if people read this they'll question that everything I've ever posted is a lie... crap. Well I ain't backspacing this, so whatevs.

^FYI totally not a lie.

• Brohoof 1

Wordsmith, but for other's sake.

I'll twist and bend things around if that is I know I'm going to be hurt or if someone else is.

For example, if someone makes someone feel bad for one of their flaws, I'll further

delve into their flaw, but try to make it positive-- no matter how bad it is.

It's not good at all with certain situations, therefore I must stop having such

behaviors. :/

I am generally an honest person, but i'm a very good liar. I honestly only lie if I don't want somebody to know something about me, something I did, something embarrassing, etc. I am usually honest when i'm talking to my friends, unless they ask me something I don't want them to know, in which i'll probably lie or switch the subject.

It really depends on the situation im in.. Is not talking about it considered a lie? XD

Nah im kidding, im pretty honest but I've had my share of lies..white lies >.<

I try to be honest, but sometimes, I compulsively fudge the truth to garner better responses. Right now, I'm consciously focusing on being blunt and honest without being too much of a dick because I find myself caring less about what others think nowadays. That balance between honesty and cruelty is what I'm trying to achieve. 

All of this is online though - in real life, to anyone who I don't trust, I tend to either be as short as I can with my words or overly simplifying things to the point of kind of lying just so others can stop talking to me.

I'm mostly truthful generally though. I'm bad at lying and keeping secrets and have a tendency to blurt things out.

Very honest. I rarely ever lie. When I do lie, it's usually about things that don't matter, or for convenience, rather than to deceive maliciously, or stay out of trouble. I never lie about things that matter.