Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your LEAST favorite episode?

colt_following

Luna Eclipsed (just kidding).

It might be It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. I don't dislike it but it's not my favorite. It might be the small voices. I watch all episodes whenever I do a show-streak and I usually find something I like differently.

I wouldn't exactly call it my least favorite episode, but I would say "Green Isn't Your Color." I can't even think of anything I disliked about it, or liked really. I just forgot this episode even existed. It was just so whatever, I couldn't remember anything about this one

If it were Star Trek, I'd probably go with Cat's Paw, like my hero, Ken Ray. He's one of the team who does the Mission Log Podcast. He's also secretly a robot. But I can't say there's a real stand-out worst episode for me in MLP. Maybe I just need more time to find that one special show that I can truly cherish as my most hated.

However, my podcast co-host, David really hated Swarm of the Century, which we just aired. I was shocked.

For me it is Twilight Time as it was just cringe-worthy and it's main purpose was to put characters in publically embarassing situations.

Least favorite... oh boy

well I actually feel pretty Isolated here but my least favorite episode is actually Flight to the Finish.

It's the only MLP episode I can honestly say I hated from beginning to end. The humor was extremely cringe-worthy and character breaking, the plot was rushed and handled poorly, and the episode just felt pointless. My main issue was establishing a competitive setting and not showing any of the competition. Very lazy writing in my opinion, either that or I'm the only one on the planet who was wondering what was so damn amazing about Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's routine. I don't know, I really don't like Ed Valentine's writing, I'm just glad he wasn't anywhere to be seen in season 5. And YES I also dislike hearts as strong as horses *hears sharpening of pitchforks* sorry but the chorus was lazy as hell and uninspired in my opinion so yeah real bad episode in my opinion. According to my rating chart where I rate every MLP episode after it airs, this episode scored a 3.2 out of 10      

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 1

Are you giving me the chance to rant about things I hate? I love ranting about things I hate! And because I love ranting about things I hate so much, instead of just ranting about the episode I hate the most, I'm going to rant about the five episodes I hate the most! Let's get started!

5. Games Ponies Play

It's bad enough when one pony dumbed down for the sake of the plot, but when it happens to the entire main cast you wind up with the turd known as Games Ponies Play. Most of the jokes were cringe worthy instead of funny, and the character mix-up dragged on far too long. Overall I'd say this is the most boring MLP episode ever.

4. Testing Testing 1, 2, 3

I think this one is the one that will surprise people the most on this list. A lot of people enjoyed it, but as a Dash fan it drives me nuts. To me the idea that Rainbow Dash would know absolutely nothing about the history of the Wonderbolts is stupid. Before Read It and Weep it might have seemed like a reasonable idea, but since she got past the idea that reading is for eggheads, how do you justify her reading absolutely nothing about the flying group that she's idolized since she was a filly? She wasn't just a casual Daring Do reader, either. After all, we did see her having a fangirl fight with Twilight earlier that season in Daring Don't. I would think that the first thing she'd do after finishing the latest Daring Do book is head to the library and check out everything about the Wonderbolts.

Also, Pinkie's Rap may be my most hated single moment in the show. It's definitely my most hated song.

3. Magical Mystery Cure

This one isn't here because I hated the idea of Twilicorn and can't move past it. I liked the idea of Twilight becoming a princess. But this episode is one of my most hated because it's the most disappointing episode for me. It was hyped up for a while. It had a very interesting premise. It was going to feature one of the most important moments in the show.

And it fell flat completely. For two reasons:

1. It was a musical. It doesn't help that it only had two good songs in it. The musical platform fucked with the pacing of the episode too much. Time that should have been used for regular dialogue was wasted by songs that took twice as long to move the plot along. For instance, Twilight went from singing about how hopeless the situation was to having the solution in an instant, taking away any tension and suspense and skipping straight to the resolution.

2. It was only one episode. This was a great premise, but it suffered from poor pacing, and just changing it from a musical to a regular episode probably wouldn't have been enough to let it live up to it's full potential. If they had used the three most important songs and followed the same formula as the two previous two parters, it probably would've been better than both of them. More time focused on solving the cutie mark swap, and more time focused on Twilight becoming a princess.

2. Rainbow Falls

Another episode where everypony was written terribly out of character so the plot could work. Rainbow Dash is forced to learn about being loyal again, the Wonderbolts are forced into being villains and put in a plot where their presence just didn't make sense, and Twilight's nagging completely missed the point.

1. The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Not really surprising when two of the other episodes I hate the most characterize Rainbow Dash poorly, is it? But it also deserves every bit of the hate it gets. Sure, Dash's ego being knocked up to 11 was annoying, but the thing that makes this my most hated episode is how the rest of the group decided to teach Rainbow a lesson. They completely stab her in the back, act like total hypocrites, and expect Rainbow to learn a lesson and go on with it. Let me tell you, if any of my friends treated me the way they treated Rainbow, I would never speak to them again.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Falls was horrbile. Especially the butchering of bulk Biceps characters.  Powell turned him into a mentally challgenged 8yr boy who dress  likee a girl just for the lulz of the underaged audience. I really love that they returned to his "stereotypical macho" trope in Castle Sweet Castle and that they absolutely forgot that Rainbow Falls exist.

It's About Time

I dunno, I don't think it's bad or anything, but the way Twilight acts in it just irritates me so much I just can't stand it man. :P

Yeah, that one just missed being included in my list. I usually don't mind if an episode is kinda predictable, but that one is way too predictable, and not very funny. It was a very disappointing episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

The only correct answer is "Magical Mystery Cure."  Starsquirm the Beergut (that damn guy) half-asses some stupid spell forever ago, Celestia gives said half-assed spell to Twi without considering its possible suckage, old school spells apparently had to rhyme or they went haywire, Twi casts the spell because she does, then the respective "destinies" of her friends are scrambled.  Despite the fact that...  They all still retain the abilities they had beforehand.  And don't gain the abilities of the ponies whose Cutie Mark they gained.  Everything is solved with a song (sort of - you know what I mean), and then all of the Elements inexplicably unite to try and disintegrate Twi.  They appear to succeed.  Celestia drags Twi into another dimension (allowing her friends to think they've unintentionally killed her for a while) where old episodes of MLP:FIM are airing in the background.

What the serious frack?!?!

Oh, and then the alicorn princess thing happens.  The episode had precisely TWO redeeming qualities:

NUMBER ONE: Rainbow dressed as a level 10 Bard / Ranger.  It's a split-class thing.

post-26550-0-07256500-1432889045_thumb.png

Bless you, Dashie, you beautiful mare.

NUMBER TWO: Applejack trying to make dresses.

That's it.  Everything else was, "Whaaat?!?" and, "Why is this I don't even..."  And, "Damn that Starsquirm guy!"

Usually the ones I don't remember or only watched once are the episodes I don't care about. CMC episodes typically are boring for me. I can't pinpoint the worst episode though.