Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your LEAST favorite episode?

colt_following

Haha, saying "least favorite" sounds a bit silly.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Fluttershy, and the episode with the Breezies just bored me to tears. I pretty much despise that episode and no other comes close.

How about you?

If this thread exists already, please smash it with a hammer.

• Brohoof 5

My least favourite episode is Baby Cakes. It uses boring babysitting clichés, it tortures Pinkie in the wrong way and it sort of breaks its own continuity by making the Baby Cakes fly/use magic without any problems. Any time I do a marathon I would always skip this episode.

Then again I might be a little biased with this episode as well, as I don't like babies that much.

• Brohoof 4

I didn't like "It aint easy being breezy" 

I bet they just told the writers to work the breezies in so they could start selling them. Other than that, I like em all.

• Brohoof 2

Magical Mystery Cure: it was too rushed. I didn't like how Twilight became an alicorn (and I didn't like this idea anyway).

Plus there were too many songs.

• Brohoof 2

Mine's kind of a tie, actually.

Boast Busters - 1/3rd of the episode is wasted to Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash acting like jerks to Trixie, because apparently putting on a magic show is boasting. gg. And it introduces Snips and Snails, my least favorite characters in the show, which is a sin on itself.

Spike at Your Service - The plot's incredibly overdone with nothing added into it, Spike is made out to be a clumsy, bumbling idiot, Twilight Sparkle ignores Spike despite him feeling really bad about parting away, and the Dragon Code thing came out of absolute nowhere. Not to mention the incredibly unfunny humor and anti-climatic nature of this episode.

• Brohoof 2

Mine is a three-way tie;

The Mysterious Mare Do-Well; Nothing different than what everyone else has said before, Rainbow Dash's negative attributes are taken up to twelve for the sake of the plot, the Mane Five are hypocritical jerks, and the lives she did save are considered irrelevant because Dash bragged about rescuing them. 

Magic Mystery Cure; Very poor pacing, explained little about what being an Alicorn Princess would mean for Twilight, the two plot points felt very disjointed as if they were two different episodes meshed together, raises very disturbing questions about the nature Cutie Marks, free will, Starswirl, and what happened the spell was first attempted-since it was revealed that he 'didn't understand friendship'.

Rainbow Falls; The Wonderbolt are unlikable jerks with no ethics, half of the cast is pointless to the episode, Rainbow Dash has to learn the same lesson about Loyalty, Twilight-the 'Princess of Friendship' offers no understanding for her friend's plight when 'Bulk Biceps' and Fluttershy clearly couldn't care less about qualifying and she opts to passive-aggressively chew Dash out over it, Soarin calls them out on their behavior Spitfire and Flootfeet out on their behavior, but they are instantly forgiven, and Dash still worships the ground they walk on despite all of this.

• Brohoof 6

The Crystal Empire. Not because of Sombra or poor pacing. But for its absolutely horrendous premise: The Royal Sisters (and the narrative) treat thousands of lives as a game in order to prove if Twilight's worthy of ascending into princesshood or not.

I wrote an angry rant about why I hate this episode so much here.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 5

Hmm, there are several I dislike, but I'd say my least favorite (from the top of my head) would have to be "Leap of Faith". Flim and Flam were completely butchered.

The Crystal Empire. Not because of Sombra or poor pacing. But for its absolutely horrendous premise: The Royal Sisters (and the narrative) treat thousands of live as a game in order to prove whether Twilight's worthy of ascending into princesshood or not.

I agree with this Pony this was my Least favorite episode.

I was watching them in a marathon like 30 episodes a day and when this one came up I actually skipped it. It was the only episode I skipped and I didn't feel like watching another random pony "boss battle".

After finishing the seasons, I came back and watched it and I actually thought Tirek was King sombra. If King Sombra would have came back with Tirek Story then he would have been a real nice villian, but after seeing King Sombra pointless, useless episode, I was kind of glad I did skip it. Worst Villian in mlp history and I still think they could have fixed him with tirek.

Edited by SoGxTrixie

I don't think I can choose between the two wells--Owl's Well That Ends Well and the Mysterious Mare Do Well. Those were painful. The former flanderized Spike as a bumbling idiot before his character was even nailed down, the conflict is totally contrived and the writer actually thought the "hoo/who" joke was funny enough to tell 5+ times. The latter kind of goes without saying at this point.

Runners-up: A Bird in the Hoof, Magical Mystery Cure, Baby Cakes, Magic Duel, and Equestria Games.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not usually into topics that explore things I dislike, since I tend to like more than I don't. There's no episode I particularly despise, but there are a few I avoid rewatching because I don't care too much about them. Therefore, I'll have to put mine down as Spike at Your Service.

I love Spike and I thought that episode was off character and very demeaning towards him. I mean, he was well established as a good baker previously and proficient at many chores. Sure, you can make opposing arguments based on this caveat or that psychology thingamajig, but it still doesn't sit well with me.  :huh:

I love you, Spikers. :mustache:   :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only pony here that despises Dragonshy?

I mean, Fluttershy was just downright awful in that episode...

Yelling at a dragon that was acting in self-defense. Sorry, but if somepony hits you, you should have every right to hit them back. I'm just glad Fluttershy has grown and matured a lot more in personality since that episode.

Baby Cakes, because the story went nowhere for the majority of the episode. Even the weakest episodes had at least something of substance happening.

Edited by SpaceOnion

That's probably a tie between one bad apple and magical mystery cure, one bad apple just spat in the face of bullying victims and magical mystery cure just destroyed my faith in the series (I really need to write a review of it sometime). 

Although I've only watched the first two seasons, (still have a lot of catching up to do, which I will when I get a chance) I certainly am not nostalgic towards some of the episodes.

Season 1:

• Griffon the Brush-Off: Gilda wasn't that well written and she comes off, in terms of writing, as someone who's trying too hard at sounding serious. It didn't work, and the character fell flat, resulting in the weakest episode in Season 1.
  • The Show Stoppers: It didn't seem like an interesting episode. The music score saved it from being one of the weakest episodes, but other than that, I felt like it went nowhere.
  • Over a Barrel: This episode irked me, and not in a good way. I feel this episode had made a lot of mistakes, for instance agitating the wrong characters. I also think the main characters came off as villain protagonists in that episode, especially Pinkie.
  • Owl's Well That Ends Well: I feel this was a major disappointment follow-up episode to The Cutie Mark Chronicles. It had its moments here and there but it felt a bit boring and somewhat disappointing.

Season 2:

• Mysterious Mare-Do-Well: Oh god no. I just feel this had made a whole punch hole of continuity errors in the episode. Particularly with RD's character. I'm neutral to Rainbow Dash but this episode was just cruel and heavy-handed in general.
  • Dragon Quest: This episode was doomed from the start, and no, it didn't have anything to do with the writing. I feel in hindsight, they could've done a lot more with the episode. Also, the dragons getting away unpunished (as in actually being punished by presumably their parents, if they had any) for their deeds.
Edited by Magneton

My least favorite is "Dragon Quest". When I learned that there would be an episode where we visit Spike's birth place, I got really excited for all the backstory we were going to learn! Then they COMPLETELY IGNORED that in favor of a completely racist moral (All dragons are bad, except for Spike because he was raised by ponies!).

Although "Tanks for the Memories" is creeping up to dethrone it; my worst pet peeve is when the hero gets away scot-free with acting like a douche (I hated "Sweet and Elite" and "Just for Sidekicks" for that reason), and in that episode RD was not just mean, she acted like a straight-up villain. Her actions put an entire town at risk, and she doesn't get the slightest repercussion for her horrific crime; no one is even aware that she's the one who did it!

Magic Mystery Cure; Very poor pacing, explained little about what being an Alicorn Princess would mean for Twilight, the two plot points felt very disjointed as if they were two different episodes meshed together, raises very disturbing questions about the nature Cutie Marks, free will, Starswirl, and what happened the spell was first attempted-since it was revealed that he 'didn't understand friendship'.

Yeah third least favorite episode for me. Glad to see I'm not the only one who was freaked out but the cutie mark swap stuff.  And the biggest thing is that all of it is just swept up under the rug after the Coronation, that it was just forgotten about. 

• Brohoof 1

Spike at Your Service, easily. It's pretty much a slap in the face to not only Spike's character, but also to the loving and loyal bond he shares with Twilight, which is apparently so insignificant that it can be instantly negated by someone else saving his life once (despite the fact that Twilight has saved Spike's life on more than one occasion). 

• Brohoof 1