Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So this happened..

shootingscuddy

It just sounds really cheesy when you say it out loud. Most people associate something like that with "little kids".

Sad but true. Grit your teeth and endure.

I agree, people sometimes (actually most of the time) are extremely immature and it makes me mad at the world for letting that happen.

Edited by Endpol

You might be a looking a teeny tiny bit too much into it.

I'm sure they were just laughing since something like "the power of friendship" is usually referenced in tv shows for little kids like Care Bears or admittedly My Litlle Pony. They were just laughing because it seemed kinda childish to discuss.

Still though friendship is a very serious and important matter in society. Relationships with other people shape the lives of everyone of us!

But I can see how this saddens you a bit. I get so flustered when I mention the word "imagination" and everyone thinks I'm childish when imagination is one of the greatest tools human kind will ever have! D:

• Brohoof 2

It just sounds really cheesy when you say it out loud. Most people associate something like that with "little kids".

Sad but true. Grit your teeth and endure.

Thanks, Alfred. Dark Knight reference ahoy!

I think there is definitely something to the power of friendship, but the term has been abused and oversimplified. It is hard to divorce it from the cheap aphoristic expression.

• Brohoof 2

But I can see how this saddens you a bit. I get so flustered when I mention the word "imagination" and everyone thinks I'm childish when imagination is one of the greatest tools human kind will ever have! D:

Quite agreed, my good sir.

Some people will associate "imagination" with LEGO bricks and then think that you are childish. (What's wrong with LEGO bricks?!) But I'll admit, some things do seem childish, and some people don't want to seem childish...

Lolwat? I just made that up on the spot.

I'm just joshing with you. Short explanation: Alfred tells Bruce Wayne to endure after The Joker's rampage kills a bunch of people in The Dark Knight.

The thought of a dispondent Bruce Wayne talking to Alfred about ponies is quite amusing.

• Brohoof 1

i submit to you this explanation friendship = magic magic is laughable in our modern technology soaked society therefore friendship is indeed laughable its sad but true

I think there is definitely something to the power of friendship, but the term has been abused and oversimplified. It is hard to divorce it from the cheap aphoristic expression.

To add to your quote: the term has been abused and oversimplified and as a result, it sounds cheesy. Would sound even more cheesy the more you keep abusing the phrase.

Name it friendship, they will laugh at it for being childish

Name it honor and love, they will praise it right away

It's just a matter of perspective. Hell, I laughed at tortured cats but I loved kittens

• Brohoof 1

Name it friendship, they will laugh at it for being childish Name it honor and love, they will praise it right away It's just a matter of perspective. Hell, I laughed at tortured cats but I loved kittens

This pretty much sums it up, presentation is everything in captivating an audience. Great example is FiM (the show) itself. Previous gen's lacked in story development and came off as just plain despised due to the lack of quality in presentation, while FiM took the cartoon concept into overdrive by relating characters and scenarios to real world content. I think we all know what kind of fanbase reaction that generated...
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, this sort of contributes to the thought that friendship really doesn't exist in the world.

Friendship = Magic

Magic = null (Because there is no magic in our "realm")

Therefore

Friendship = null

It is a dark thought, to be sure, but it is always necessary to keep your chin up! If we really are the last of people to truly understand friendship, we have to stand out and be a shining beacon to those willing to learn about it too!

"Sadists" are everywhere, sadism is really common nowadays anyway. Best to ignore them...