Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Craziest stuff that happened to you at home?

Invincible

(edited)

I'm talking about strange / creepy stuff. There was this one time i put some sugar in a cup, preparing tea. I started boiling water when someone knocked at the door - it was just a friend who dropped by, we talked for like 30 minutes. Afterwards, i boiled some water again, poured it in and saw a whirling school of ants drowning scalded to their deaths in my cup.

Edited by Terminus

Last week, my dad was getting a cup of coffee. Sounds normal, right? Well, he opens the cabinet to get a mug when a cup flies, literally flies, out of the cabinet, knocks down and breaks the coffee pot.

Another weird thing happened to my mom that same week. My mom is half asleep in bed when she hears someone walk into her room, into the bathroom, closes the door, does their buisness, and opens it. She opened her eyes to see who it was, but noone was there! Even weirder is that none of us went to the bathroom in the middle of the night that night.

Is my house haunted?

• Brohoof 2

Is my house haunted?

While I have experienced and do believe in supernatural phenomenon, it is important to consider more common explanations first. If your mom felt as if she were half asleep, it is quite possible that she was actually entirely asleep and dreaming. The whole experience may have been a dream. Additionally, it is possible she was experiencing an hallucination as part of sleep paralysis, but she likely should have mentioned other common aspects of such experiences if that were the case. It is also possible that someone else in your family was sleep walking and used the bathroom in their sleep, so you should check to see if anyone in your family is prone to do such.

I do not at all say any of that to marginalize your mom's experience. If that experience is of a supernatural nature, I still wouldn't know whether or not your house is haunted. I believe there is a lot more to life than what readily meets the eye, and an isolated supernatural experience may not at all be representative of a haunting or any other human thought construct. It may be an anomaly, for lack of a better term, that lays beyond all known frames of reference among our species.

If such experiences continue, you and your family would need to figure out what to do about it. What exactly would be done would depend on your religious beliefs or lack thereof. The only two recommendations that I feel are solid enough to be worth making are the following: avoid the negative, and avoid doing nothing. Don't turn to anger, violence, or anything dark or negative. Don't attempt to communicate with the "entity" at all. If it becomes necessary, leave the house and never return.

However, I am highly skeptical that your situation would escalate that far, even if your mom's experience was supernatural. Such things are incredibly rare.

The main thing is to not be afraid. There is no point in it, and it can actually be harmful. Being afraid gives whatever you are afraid of more power over you, emotionally or otherwise, and this is true for everyone and everything. Be cautious, be prudent, but do not be afraid. 

There are far more wonderful and beautiful things in the world than dark and violent things. We simply need to choose what we focus on more.

I have had multiple experiences that I would classify as strange, potentially supernatural, and otherwise astoundingly difficult to comprehend, at home and elsewhere. However, one that sticks out in my mind particularly would be an experience I had in my bathroom a few years ago.

I was brushing my teeth, and suddenly a white glowing orb appeared out of nowhere in midair. It flew past my vision at an astonishing speed, and disappeared as soon as it had appeared. While I had only seen it for a split second, I was able to get a good look at its surface structure. It did not seem to be made of solid, liquid, or gas. It didn't just seem to be pure light either, it had some manner of substance to it that I had never seen before. Its surface geometry was in flux, as there seemed to be constantly shifting patterns along its surface. It seemed to be emitting a brilliant luminance from a seemingly spherical core. 

It is possible this was an hallucination, but if it was it was far more real, detailed and vivid than any I have experienced before or since. Additionally, the only hallucinations I have ever experienced occurred due to severe sleep deprivation, and I was not severely sleep deprived at the time of this experience.

In light of similar experiences other members of my family have had that I would prefer to keep private at this time, I am personally inclined toward the possibility of my experience being of a supernatural nature.

• Brohoof 2
  • Shocked 1

My older sister was making eggs. She cracked open one of the eggs, and out came this red mess with something black in the middle sizzling on the frying pan. Probably not creepy, but it was certainly disgusting.

The most recent thing I can remember that happened at my home that was crazy was...

1. It was mid May and a blizzard hit.

2. On Thanksgiving, a funnel cloud formed above our house and our whole family had to go in the basement.

(edited)

My sister has tried to kill everyone in my house at least twice now (and there's 6 people here).

Stabbing is her preferred method.

She's biploar with "psychopathic tendencies". She's even been arrested 6 times now.

Oh, and she's 12.

2. On Thanksgiving, a funnel cloud formed above our house and our whole family had to go in the basement.

Is Illinois tornado country? Edited by Dattebayo

My sister has tried to kill everyone in my house at least twice now (and there's 6 people here).

Stabbing is her preferred method.

She's biploar with "psychopathic tendencies". She's even been arrested 6 times now.

Oh, and she's 12.Is Illinois tornado country?

Illinois is a state in the midwest ^_^ The town I live in, though, is definitely a tornado alley.

One of the craziest things that happened was, I was drinking a late night soda until I heard something outside and I looked at the window but instead I saw no one there. Hmm...

A piece of paper in my house caught on fire! I smelled something like a barbecue so I dismissed it. As the smell progressed to get stronger I decided to check the kitchem. Then I see a HUGE flame in the kitchen. I was like 2 feet high! I grab a cup of water and threw water at it.Thankfully, the fire went out after 3 cup splashes. If I didn't notice the fire, I would've died in the fire!  :o

Stupid sleep paralysis and feeling sheer terror and some unknown thing you either can hardly see or cant see at all(in my experience) feels like its chocking you to death.

...do.not.like.

The only other thing i can think of atm is my stupid ps3 constantly turning itself on when i have it set not to due such under any circumstance's. I just unplugged the damn thing.. :muffins:

It wasn't at MY home but my cousin's old home. My cousin had a cross on his wall. We were about to go to bed, when it fell down the wall (not even OFF the wall) and it landed standing up perfectly. It was even creepier that it was the freakin CROSS that fell.

Being home alone at midnight (perfect time right?) and I am sitting in my room just listening to dubstep at the highest volume my computer can go to. And a huge bang happened outside my room I thought that since it was louder than my music it had to go check it out. I go to the kitchen nothing, I go to the living room nothing, I go to the bathroom nothing,etc etc. So I search the whole house and nothing fell or broke I even went outside. That is the freakiest thing that ever happened to me.

I remember one night that there was a bit of news around my town that two people robbed a GPS tracker from a person's car. They stolen the said GPS tracker at the street I live in. When I heard the news, I was a little nervous if they stolen anything, since I actually own a GPS tracker. :<

May 20, 2013, right outside my front door:

img23910.jpg

There were another four sitting behind me when I took this.

Also, sometimes I'll leave my room to take a whiz or something and when I come back the ceiling fan that I never turn off will have turned itself off. Dunno what causes it, but it happens.

Well, the place where we used to live (and believe me - I'm grateful that we finally moved) was especially vulnerable to infiltration by wildlife.  One time, I turned to look towards the lightswitch by the front door, and there was a snake on the wall.  Not a particularly dangerous one, but still...  You don't see that every day lol.  I guess that was also kind of cool, though.

The craziest things that happen in my home are just me managing to spill and drop and break all kinds of things.

I'm a total klutz, what can I say.

My neighbors sometimes make rather strange sounds at night, I have no idea what they are but they sound like furnature moving. But there are some certain other sounds that are a tad more obvious when my neighbors have sex, I suppose I don't mind those particular sounds as much so long as they don't happen when I am trying to sleep. They don't happen nearly as often because of neighbor complaints

Of course what the strangest things that have ever happened at my house tops both of those things by a longshot and the first one is courtesy of those same neighbors. I get home from work one night maybe a year or so ago and I look out my porch and I find some raw ground beef on the ground, crawling with aunts and a note saying that they want it back. I got a couple of paper plates, scooped up the ground beef (which was not in any package at all by the way) and took it to the dumpster. The second one is when I sprained my neck one morning when I moved my head too sharply and suddenly. The pain was so bad as well as unfamiliar that I was worried that I started freaking out because I thought I had to go to the hospital, my Mom snapped me back to my sense and put things in perspective. It took a couple of days of bedrest and calling in sick to work but I was fine.

This was both funny and terrifying It was 4 years ago I was playing on my Xbox late at night I had all the lights turned off only light was coming from my TV my phone was on the other side of the room and my ring tone was the "Saw parody ring tone" and the vol was at max so I'm talking to my  friends then all the sudden I hear "Greetings" it scared the shit out of me

• Brohoof 1

Something else freaky happened to me today and thinking about it I am still kinda freaked out. I was home alone again and I was just watching tv and I heard my name whispered to me and something run down my back. And I turned around and nothing was there....Is my house haunted!? Because I have had this done to me many times before but I just dismiss it for something else.

Back in 2007 when I was a beginner at customizing pony figures, I used a strange glue that never dried all the way and one night I freaked out because I looked over at a shelf on the wall, and pony's head had fallen off and I was so freaked out. XD

In that same building, we had no screens on our windows and one day a bird just randomly flew into our apartment xDD It finally found its way back out~

Then there was the random hobo that would sneak into the basement of the building, get drunk and knock a lamp over and there'd be a fire scare~

And a transient lady snuck into the building once broke into an apartment trying to "evict" a tenant by saying that she was the land lady and was kicking the person out >____> 

I got more and more stories about that place, it was on the corner of a main street so lots of stuff happened x___x

Less interesting things happen in our new location out near farm land ^____^ thank goodness for that~