Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How exactly do the Princesses 'raise' the Sun and Moon?

The Awesome One

Based on our limited information about how Equestria works...the only logical conclusion is that their world is flat. Celestia and Luna wouldn't call it "raising the sun/moon" if it was really something else. But we've seen globes of Equestria, and in most other ways it seems to work like a round planet does, so what gives? I think the answer is: it's just a show, we should really just relax. (Sound familiar?  ;) )

I think the sun and moon were there before the sisters, but it was the sisters who perfected their use and stabilized Equestria into a comfortable place to live. And the unicorns for stepping in when needed, and the pegasi for taming the volatile atmosphere, and the earth ponies for making the most of their efforts on the ground. Everypony works together, really.

• Brohoof 1

Who knows? Maybe they just align themselves with the sun/moon whenever they're rising, and whole thing about them raising the sun and moon is just propaganda :/

Since every season is static, the planetary interaction that sets up such climatic changes isn't really there. So there isn't "gravity" but magic instead. Therefore the whole system is manipulated through magical means. The more magic, the better the system works all together.

I assume the sisters have control over equestria and the moon, instead of the sun. But since there isn't gravity, it would be hard to say which one is the actual center on their planetary system. It could be neither of both.

So Love is the force! As a living being without love is very static and reclusive on life, the same happens with our universe. Poniverse in this case.