Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Canterlot High

NonbinaryDuck

@@Little Red

@@madjack2001

Sketchy sat at a table "sheesh Skyalar, you mus be really hungry" he said to her watching her jumping up and down while getting her food. Sketchy felt like starting a conversation "so you from Manehattan?" He asked Skylar "what's dat like?" He asked curiously.

@@Sigma

Sketchy waved a hoof at Sigma indicating where they were

(edited)

Lightning threw his bag down on an empty table at the back right corner. Sketchy and the other pony were nowhere to be seen. He'd spent about 5 minutes of his time looking for them, but to no avail.

He moved his bag onto the seat next to him and rested his hooves on his board under the table.

He kept searching the sea of tables, looking for his friends. Had Sketchy and Sunset gotten a table? Did Sigma and Skylar get their food?

Edited by Chill

@@Pelate@@Little Red

"Manehatten!" Sunset was suddenly leaning across the table though he would not sit, he stood around it, Sunset slowly slid back across the table, having burst into a conversation "uh...heh, sorry about that..." Sunset said to himself and he took a step back "I've dreamed of Manehatten since I was just a small little colt from down south..." Sunset said and thought of those dreams that he had yet to achieve

@@Pelate

Sigma placed his tray next to Sketchy and told him. "I'll be right back. I need to go find Lightning."

@

It took Sigma a few minutes, but he finally found who he was looking for. "Hey Lightning," he told the pony. "We're sitting over there. Don't you want to eat with us?"

@@Pelate, @@madjack2001

Skylar sat down with little grace between Sketchy and Sunset.

"Manehatten's pretty chill," she said cheerfully, "I loved the city. Always something to do. Go to the movies.... go to a sports game... watch T.V... go to the movies again...." she paused, trying to convey the extreme awesomeness of Manehatten by gesturing with her hooves, it seemed. "Go to another sports game... I dunno, it's awesome. But my mum made me take stupid lessons to get rid of my accent." She scowled. "That was the only problem, some ponies thought I was weird for having no accent."

She gave a crooked grin to Sunset. "Manehatten's chill," she repeated.

@@Sigma,

Lightning was still searching when he was surprised by somepony standing right next to him.

Lighting snapped his head towards the pony, he relaxed when he noticed it was Sigma.

"Yeah, sure, I couldn't find any of you.."

He stood and followed Sigma back to the table. He dropped his bag and board under one of the empty seats on the table.

"I'll be right back." He grinned, licking his lips.

He walked quickly towards the line, he had to wait behind 2 ponies before he could get his food.

It felt like a lifetime, but once he'd finally gotten his food and said his thanks, he headed back to the table. He was starving, how long had it been before he last ate a decent meal, 4, maybe 5 days? He couldn't care less, he dropped his tray onto the table, and without saying a word, tucked into his lunch, he'd also remembered he had the sandwich in his bag, but he was planning on saving it for his dinner.

(edited)

@@Little Red@@Pelate

Sunset seemed to show how bedazzled he was to hear stuff he had read and heard about many times, though the idea of Manehatten was just so much... greater in person, though when the accent was mentioned he seemed to be thinking more and not just ogling over the ideas of Manehatten "weird for having no accent?" Sunset questioned out loud but felt he was questioning it himself more than asking anypony "accent or no accent, you're still pretty cool even though I just met you" Sunset commented, showing a small sign of friendship, he seemed to now have a shy smile, not knowing whether friendship is something people would make fun of him for or normal, as he has been laughed at for thinking he has friendship before in his life, Sunset felt little need to comment on the accent as his opinion would merely be against it, and he didn't want any trouble

Edited by madjack2001

@@Little Red

@@madjack2001

Sketchy smiled "Sounds like a petty snazzy place." He said nodding approvingly. "I'm from the North-West Equestria, I'm from Seaddle, really coo city, I honestly like it more than Canterlot since it was closer to the ocean an stuff, but you know, it is what it is, Canterlot ain't bad." He shrugged.

(edited)

Sigma sat down and began eating. While he was eating, his mind began to wonder, and he began thinking back about the device he used to punch in his lunch code. It was almost certainly magical, but it was also apparent to Sigma that it possessed some form of memory that it could use to recall what was entered in to it. The machines that him and Dr. Hooves were making weren't capable of that. Sigma let out a "Hmm..." sound as he took another bite of his hay burger. Machine memory? This is probably worth running by Hooves.

Sigma then began thinking about other things. From what he remembered, magic had some limitations. Will the machines him and Hooves are designing be able to do what magic can't? Sigma let out a sigh, it's been a persisting fear in the back of his mind that the Turing machine will always be hopelessly inferior to magic no matter how much development it undergoes.

Edited by Sigma

@@Pelate, @@madjack2001, @@Sigma, @,

Skylar nodded cheerfully at Sketchy and Sunset as she continued eating, hardly noticing Lightning and Sigma sitting down next to them.

"You know, you're pretty cool!" She said to Sunset brightly. She took a large bite of her burger and gave a very deep sigh of content. "Good stuff," she muttered, mouth full, chewing loudly. She couldn't get enough of this burger..!

(edited)

Deciding to get his mind off the futile worry, Sigma began asking questions around the table. "Where do you all live?" he asked. "Like I said, I live in an apartment with only my pet jackalope for company. It would be nice to visit someone else's house every once in a while, or maybe have somepony besides my investors visit my apartment."

Edited by Sigma

(edited)

@@Little Red@@Pelate@@Sigma@

Sunset smiled "thanks" he said with a tilted head, he tried to avoid Skylar's chewing and noticed Sigma, he noticed his expression "Sigma? you got something on your mind or something?" he asked, in a vauge way, his accent broke out half way through, he spent a bit of time pronouncing his name, as he had never come across something like it in all his travels

Edited by madjack2001

"Mmph!" Skylar swallowed. "I live--" she took another bite-- "im dis wum pwase neaw--" she began choking and coughed loudly. Putting a foreleg over her mouth, she swallowed forcefully with much difficulty. She continued as though nothing had happened. "I live in this one place kinda in the lower part of Canterlot. It's a long walk all the way up to this school," she chuckled. "Hey, if you guys don't have anywhere to go after school, I can take you guys to my house and introduce you guys to my parents!" She beamed.

@@Little Red

@@Sigma

@@madjack2001

"I'm living at my aunt n' uncle's house while I'm here , mah parent 're still livin' in seaddle." He stated "it's pretty a'ight, but it's SOOOOOO BOOOOOORING!" He said dropping his head dramatically "Dere ain't nothing to do Dere man, but y'know they like 60 years old, I jus sit back, and do nothing." He shrugged "I have WAAAY too much energy to do nothin man."

@@Little Red

Sigma thought about it for a moment. He was a busy young stallion, and he needed to spend time developing state machines.

"Sorry, but I'll only be able to visit other ponies' houses on Sundays. However, you can all come over to my place if you all are interested."

(edited)

@@Little Red@@Pelate@@Sigma

Sunset was slightly awkward with all this talk about homes and such, he took a step back, where he was currently staying was something that was never permanent, he looked back to his saddle bag for a moment yet again, remembering stuff, solitude never helped Sunset, he looked at all this trading of homes and offers and thought them all out within his mind to distract him.

Edited by madjack2001

@@madjack2001, @@Sigma, @@Pelate, @

Skylar registered Sunset's look of discomfort, but decided not to take notice of it.

"I know, my parents are kinda like that," she said to Sketchy, all empathy. She positively beamed at Sigma's words.

"Heeey! Let's all party at Sigma's place after school!" She cried. After all, who didn't want to horse around with friends they'd just made that day in your house?

(edited)

@@Little Red

The word "party" suddenly made Sunset jump, he took a step closer "what sort of party?" Sunset questioned, his eyes seemed to be filled with a glow of excitment, and a smile the outsined most other smiled, he even made a slightly sqee during him moving foward

Edited by madjack2001

(edited)

@@Little Red

@@madjack2001

"It won't be a party; it'll just be a calm afternoon. I don't want my neighbors leaving complaints, nor do I want to give my investors a bad impression. I'll probably be focusing on work most of the time while you're over there, but my pet, who's name is Fluffy, will probably be able to help you out with anything you might need as long as you don't give him the urge to rip your face off."

Edited by Sigma

@@Little Red

@@Sigma

@@madjack2001

Sketchy's ears spring up "oh mah Gawd yes! I'd be down wit dat!" He cheered "we gotta meet up, and have some sort'a get together, ya know what I'm sayin'?" He said, sketchy loved getting together with other ponies, he always loved being around others outside of schools.

Skylar paid no notice to Sigma's refusal of a party. Eh, he didn't know what he was saying. He would have fun!

"Okay, okay! So, I'mma fly home super quick to let my mum know I'm going to a friend's, and I'll come back and find you guys!" She said, all planning mode now.

Canterlot wasn't so bad after all!

@@Little Red@@Pelate@@Sigma

"I'm sure with all of us there, it'll feel like a party" Sunset said with smile, the word "party" was important to him, it reminded him of a pony he had met back home who never gave up on anything "Party!" Sunset seemed to cheer and put his hoof in the center of the ponies, wishing for a hoofbump of some sort

(edited)

Sigma sat back and thought for a moment. Was he forgetting something? Oh, yea.

"Also, don't touch my non horse powered cart, or the steam generator I use to charge it. Those things are dangerous to ponies who don't know how to use them, and I need them both so I can travel to Hooves's place on weekends. Train tickets to Ponyville have gotten a lot more expensive ever since Princess Twilight was crowned and given a castle in the area."

Edited by Sigma

(edited)

@@Little Red

@@Sigma

@@madjack2001

"AW HEYULL YEAH!" Sketchy cheered "dis is gonna be da best man!" He almost jumped out of his seat in excitement "my aunt n' uncle 're supah chill man, so I'm guaranteed to go." He said. He jumped up and hoofbumped Sunset "so it's set? we gon' meet up at Sigma's place?" He asked very excitedly

Edited by Pelate

(edited)

@@Sigma

"you go to Ponyville a lot...?" Sunset asked, his happiness was still there, at least it looked like it, he suddenly became uneasy... the one problem Sunset had with ponies was that he had to still deal with his previous problems

@@Pelate

"yeah...yeah...let's do this..." Sunset said, it was like the joy had been taken, though he smiled still, he was calm still, he rested back on something nearby, his smile was almsot a mixture of happiness and uncertainty

Edited by madjack2001