Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Ah, being jealous of other's friends. I've been there a lot. Jealousy is a difficult thing to keep bottled up. I've often felt jealous of my friend's friends because I was the unusual one in a group, and I remember trying to fake myself to impress those I were around to gain acceptance. Misunderstandings happen with jealousy and sometimes friendship can be cut off completely because of it.

I'm glad Discord and Shy (mainly) were able to make up quickly and still remain friends. It seems Discord has come a long way and the comical powers he has is always funny to see.

• Brohoof 5

Something kind of bothered me about the way the moral of the story was described.  Yeah, I get it, a rounded group of friends is good, but I didn't like the idea of having "different friends for different purposes."  Yeah, you don't want to tear a friend's ear off with stuff they aren't interested in - Pony fans will know about this - but it felt like they were saying friends can be acquired just to support you in your specific likes and be sidelined any other time.

• Brohoof 1

This episode confirmed that all that's needed to defeat Celestia is a small ball of goo. It seems that a ball of Play-Doh and a kitchen knife would be enough to assassinate the princesses.

Also, Tree Hugger was high as a kite, there's no denying it.

• Brohoof 4

Discord being Q from Star Trek is canon- seriously, he opened a portal to another reality, that's so totally Q. That just shows he's aware of other realities and has access to them, and he's capable of time travel, it's not hard to associate now that he can jump to what would be considered the Star Trek universe. 

I really liked this episodes, seeing Discord all flustered and bent out of shape was not just cringe worthy, but also enjoyable. Seeing how powerful he is, and just how obsessive and aggressive he can be over something silly just shows how we really have no idea just how dangerous he can actually be. 

I really loved seeing his house though, and seeing him interacting in his home. Seeing Discord doing normal things brings me great joy for some reason.

I know some people might disagree with me, but his behavior is very much like a jealous lover. Loved that Fluttershy stood up to him.

Have to say though, seeing Discord angry, and his serious voice-dayum Discord, you scary!

• Brohoof 2

This is the episode that made me hate my favorite character.

Goddammit. It was boring, annoying, mean-spirited and downright dumb, shock filled with fan-pandering.

I hope Celestia dies this season and takes Luna and Discord with her because all they do is create problems, screw up and be absent. And I thought I hated previous episode...

This episode confirmed that all that's needed to defeat Celestia is a small ball of goo. It seems that a ball of Play-Doh and a kitchen knife would be enough to assassinate the princesses.

Maybe she fakes it. Sort of like 'oh, I can't do it, now someone else will have to step up' and when they do it's like 'see, you learned a valuable lesson'. I think she could have stopped Smooze, but somehow knew of the drama going on with Discord and Fluttershy and wanted them to handle it. She probably would have stepped in if there was actual danger. Like if she thought Discord was going to throw that pony into the rift for real, she could probably save them or gone to get them, but just wanted to see how far the situation would go.

(edited)

Treehugger is a chill pony. I like her.

I am surprised Twilight don't notice that Celestia prefes it lively than standard stuff in the caslte. Twilight is a really tidy pony :)

Edited by Trine

One thing I will admit I think has upset alot of people this episode, based on the various posts I see around the internet, is that Discord's gone from being a chess master type trickster to being ineptly clueless about how the world works.
While I think the fact that he's not really "part" of the normal world and thus not accustomed to normal mortal interaction explains that, I can see how people who liked his Q like machinations from Princess Twilight sparkle and return of harmony might cringe at his inability to grasp simple concepts in this one.

Hah. Well, keep in mind, The smooze seemed to be immune to virtually all types of magic sans Discords, so its not like its normal Gak or anything XD

I almost want to write a fanfic about Discords weird Live-action Mexican Puppet Dimension.  (That is now a thing in the My Little Pony Mythology)

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I almost want to write a fanfic about Discords weird Live-action Mexican Puppet Dimension.  (That is now a thing in the My Little Pony Mythology)

Do it!

I'll read it with gusto.

Edited by Positively Pinkie

I LOVED IT!!!

This was a really funny and amazing episode! I love how jealous Discord was (not to mention desperate). Also one large factor that made me love it...FLUTTERCORD EVIDENCE!!!!!!! As for Treehugger...meh. I give this episode a 10/10!

• Brohoof 2

This episode was hilarious !

I really enjoyed it and all the references thew writers threw in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A very entertaining episode with lots of great moments. Discord really stole the show here. But not only Discord, many characters got at least a few good moments. Poor Spike getting scared, Applejack emotional about Applebloom growing up, Treehugger and the way she expresses herself, Twilight trying to keep Discord under control, the Smooze being the smooze, Discord's anger growing whenever he saw or interacted with Treehugger, the MTG reference, Celestia enjoying the gala, Discord's joke about Twilight's flying and Celestia laughing about it, Maud's "You're the basic of jokes," line, Discord's home dimension and that poor mailman, etc.

The middle part of the episode was a little slower with Discord trying to get the point across, but it was done in a good way and set up the scene for the climax.

I loved how we got glimpses of the "old" Discord, as well as his powers when he actually gets serious. Him opening that dimension and planning to throw Treehugger into it was pretty cool and really gave me that season 2 Discord vibe. I couldn't help but laugh a bit when he "neutralized" the Mane 6 easily when they were about to stop him. If it were just that simple back then in season 2, right Discord?

But seriously, it was a fun and entertaining episode, and besides Discord's role in "Twilight's Kingdom," this is my favorite Discord episode yet. It shows that although he's reformed now, there are still a lit of things he has to learn. Him apologizing to the Smooze was also a nice touch, considering he had been using him initially to get back at Fluttershy.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 4

Great episode, definitely my favorite so far this season. Really liked the moral/plot and how all the characters were written, plus this amazing moment :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

hope this puts an end to the Dislestia ships. This episode kinda goes above and beyond to show that there's nothing between them, and that they're not even friends. Celestia didn't make Discord her "plus one"/ date. Celestia didn't give the ticket to Discord, herself, like she did with the mane 6 (see "the Ticket Master"). Discord didn't get jealous of Celestia spending her time with Twilight in the Gala. Discord never once tried to impress Celestia, the time he was at the Gala.

If this doesn't point to the fact that there's literally nothing between Celestia and Discord, I don't know what does.

• Brohoof 2

hope this puts an end to the Dislestia ships. This episode kinda goes above and beyond to show that there's nothing between them, and that they're not even friends. Celestia didn't make Discord her "plus one"/ date. Celestia didn't give the ticket to Discord, herself, like she did with the mane 6 (see "the Ticket Master"). Discord didn't get jealous of Celestia spending her time with Twilight in the Gala. Discord never once tried to impress Celestia, the time he was at the Gala.

If this doesn't point to the fact that there's literally nothing between Celestia and Discord, I don't know what does.

This. So much this. Fluttercord makes much more sense. If you ask me Celestia deserves somepony like Shining Armor. That's why I made an OC like that who I like to ship with her.

Awesome episode, so much amazing tjings happened I can,t even granmer! Zor spell! :umad:

Discord, the gala, a new character, G4 Smooze, Maud, chaos dimension, a ton of great humor... this is how you put all your cards on the table and win poker. Best episode of the season so far, gotta always love it when the big D shows up, can't think of a bad episode with him yet and I hope that streak continues. Amazingly entertaining, fairly flawless in my book of what I like to see on this show. :please:

Poor Rarity though... stoopid Smooze. :okiedokielokie:

10/10

Oh wait, was there shipping? 'cuz I only noticed all the friendshipping! thank you, thank you. :wacko:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The bolded part isn't true though. Fluttershy mentioned it at the start of the episode, as she thought Celestia would have send him an invitation because they are friends now. And Celestia did send him an invitation that just got delayed. Other than that, I agree there's nothing else between them but being friends and getting along. 

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 2