Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode was great. It had hilarious jokes, gags, and references. Tons of characters had a moment to shine, and I loved it.

This is the first episode in the series that follows Discord. He's the main character and gets the most screen time in the episode. We haven't really had an episode with Discord like this in the past, so it was great to see him again with his own episode. I loved seeing him interact with other characters and even seeing the house he lives in.

I don't have much to say about it, it was pretty good and I think it's one of the funniest of the show.

• Brohoof 3

This episode had me grinning the entire time. Discord, Maud, Pinkie Pie, the Smooze, and Tree Hugger...It was like an all-star episode of comedy, I loved it! I could relate to Discord quite a bit here too. I'm a bit of a jealous and clingy person at times, and I always sorta worry if my friends are going to abandon me. I'm not quite as crazy as he was about it, but it's always something that plagues the back of my mind...

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of Discord/CMC friendship. They're friends in the comics, but the CMC seemed scared of him here. I know they don't want the comics to interfere with the show, but contradicting it like that kinda bugs me, since those are some of my favorite parts of the comics...Oh, well. I'll just think up a headcanon for it. ^_^

I adored this from start to finish.

• Brohoof 4

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of Discord/CMC friendship. They're friends in the comics, but the CMC seemed scared of him here. I know they don't want the comics to interfere with the show, but contradicting it like that kinda bugs me, since those are some of my favorite parts of the comics...Oh, well. I'll just think up a headcanon for it. ^_^

Maybe the CMC-Discord-Stuff in the comics happens after the events of this episode, sometimes between now and when they get their Cutie Marks.

Anyway, I don´t think all the episodes happen right after each other. Some, sure, but definitely not all of them.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This episode was absolutely amazing. I loved every moment! That Metal Gear Solid reference, the Smooze, Discord's comedy routune complete with Jerry Seinfeld style joke! Even the other dimension featuring that freaky puppet! And more Maud!

10/10 A PERFECT SCORE

Edited by KeybladePony
  • Brohoof 3

Oh gosh. I just remembered Fluttershy always wanted to be a tree.....that's...  :blush:

Also, glad to see this episode is killing it in the poll. I'm seriously considering this as my all-time favorite for this season.  :D

I can't believe nopony but Celestia laughed at Discord's jokes.

I loved that! It's like only 1000+ years old ponies can laugh at Discord's jokes.

I mean, maybe his humor style was too "old" for everypony except Celestia.

• Brohoof 6

I don´t know what I am looking more forward to, the next episode or ILoveKimPossibleALot´s review of this episode.

Nah, the latter.

Oh, ILoveKimPossibleAlot would find enlightenment in today's episode.

• Brohoof 1

In fact, maybe Celestia invited Discord because she thinks the new generation is too boring.

Maybe old people in Equestria like chaos? :derp:

Maybe the CMC-Discord-Stuff in the comics happens after the events of this episode, sometimes between now and when they get their Cutie Marks.

Anyway, I don´t think all the episodes happen right after each other. Some, sure, but definitely not all of them.

Wait.... a contradiction?

nzhrzqzpipnpyxiuojtl.png

I've got all I need!

This episode had me grinning the entire time. Discord, Maud, Pinkie Pie, the Smooze, and Tree Hugger...It was like an all-star episode of comedy, I loved it! I could relate to Discord quite a bit here too. I'm a bit of a jealous and clingy person at times, and I always sorta worry if my friends are going to abandon me. I'm not quite as crazy as he was about it, but it's always something that plagues the back of my mind...

"They're friends in the comics, but the CMC seemed scared of him here. I know they don't want the comics to interfere with the show" Yeah well maybe the comics should interfere with the show in the first place!

(edited)

So after the excitement has worn down a bit I do have one tiny nitpick and it's that Fluttershy seemed a bit too ignorant of Discord's clearly obvious jealousy.  She's still absolutely great in this episode, especially her talks with Discord but I guess having her talk to Discord on his second appearance would have ended the episode right there.

Also we seriously need to see what the heck happened on that Breezie trip Fluttershy went on. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 1

"They're friends in the comics, but the CMC seemed scared of him here. I know they don't want the comics to interfere with the show" Yeah well maybe the comics should interfere with the show in the first place!

I'd kinda disagree. I love the comics, but tying them tightly to the show would be annoying for a lot of people, because they'd have to read the comics to get the most out of it, which includes buying them if they want to be legal about it.

It just bothers me a bit to see an outright contradiction, but as @@~ Dr. Ocsid ~, pointed out, the comics could just come after, nothing says that couldn't be the truth.

Yeah well what I'm really trying to say is: I do love the comics though. And to my opinion: The comics should interfere with the show by now.

This episodes title is based on an nursery rhyme called Make New Friends but Keep the Old

I get the message it's trying to tell us. You shouldn't give up your old friends even when you make new ones. Even if you didn't like this episode you've got to admit that is a valuable message.

• Brohoof 1