295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

"Now listen Smooze, I need to make this a party of one for a little while." :umad:

post-24370-0-04772200-1431799046_thumb.jpg

Did anyone else see what they did there! :squee:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 9

Seriously, though, HOW THE BUCK DID SHE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT SHE HAD TO DO THIS?!?!  Was it all the drugs?  Be honest, it was the drugs, wasn't it?

On the plus side, I positively loved it when she went Ohhhhhm Neeeeeiiiieeeeigh.

Super fundorable

• Brohoof 2

On the plus side, I positively loved it when she went Ohhhhhm Neeeeeiiiieeeeigh.

Super fundorable

Like I said, I liked her mannerisms, I just didn't like how the writers used her.  Too Mary Sue-ish for my tastes.

Like I said, I liked her mannerisms, I just didn't like how the writers used her.  Too Mary Sue-ish for my tastes.

It was the naive style of quickly inserting a character for Discord to be jealous about.

I would have been happy if it would just have been Rarity or something.

Eh.

At least it's not a stallion for shipping. Or maybe this episode shows she's into mares.

(c'mon, hippie chick must be into free love and all that jazz)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hopefully we'll see The Smooze and Tree Hugger again, they were both interesting characters (especially Tree Hugger :wub: she needs a fan club).

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

SPOILER ALERT!!! 

I have to say this episode was pretty great. I liked it quite a lot. I liked that we got to see more of Fluttershy's friendship with Discord. I just wish we saw more of Fluttershy's feelings about their friendship. I related to Discord's fears of abandonment. I used to do the kind of things Discord did in this episode when I was a bit younger but of course it didn't involve a "Smooze" or alternate dimensions. I thought the lesson was fantastic! Maybe this could have been added to the lines "Just because I have a new friend doesn't change how I feel/care for my old friends" but maybe it was already implied. I wish a friend of mine had learned this lesson but that's a whole other story. The Smooze was kind of a sweet side character. He didn't do much except eat shiny things but the Smooze clearly wasn't evil so it wasn't a flat out sabotage plot by Discord so I think that shows he is reformed but very confused and misguided about friendship. I felt sorry for the Smooze when Discord took advantage of him. Tree Hugger was a stereotype of a flower girl hippie type who to me sounded totally stoned which was really darn funny. I liked how she calmed down the Smooze which made it clear she also has an important talent. I was at Ponycon back in Feb and they showed a picture of Tree Hugger in some art designs. I'm glad I finally got to see who the character was. Another notable side character is Maud Pie of course!! I also met Maud's voice actor and I could see why she never told me anything about season 5 for fear of this getting out. I loved Maud's dry wit remark to Discord. I LOL'd when Pinkie was riding on Maud in the ooze as if Maud was a boat and said to myself "Poor Maud"  I thought the first scene with the CMC at Rarity's was cute. Applejack does cry tears of joy I see. Celestia reminded me of Pinkie Pie in terms of personality in this one. It was a little weird, especially when she chuckled at the Twilight flying joke but it was nice to see her do something different(she and Twilight are so close anyway she knows Twi will forgive the chuckle) and I liked that she at least tried to use her magic to get rid of the ooze. Art/animation wise I LOVED all of the new gala dresses and Twilight's hair. I also loved seeing more of Spike's room(his bed is a tad small) and FINALLY seeing where Discord lives! His home is just as chaotic as he is. How did that mail pony get to where Discord lives anyway?

• Brohoof 2

Now there's a good episode! I was glad to see Discord back again! The episode was very good in regards to it being just how I thought it would be. It had some pretty funny moments too. Even Maud was there! <3 :squee: She always rocks the party don't you think?

But seriously, great episode! I enjoyed every minute. ^^

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, I was kinda underwhelmed by this episode, and I was so looking forward to it because of Discord.  But... 

I was disappointed in Discord's overreaction to the whole other friend thing.  He doesn't seem to be jealous of the rest of the mane six, and Fluttershy spends tons of time with them. 

And I thought it took way too long for Fluttershy to get Discord's jealousy trip.

Discord's house, on the other hand was great.  I loved the thing with him "washing" clean dishes and having them be dirty after the washing.  And the dust bunnies...  But why wasn't the post-pony Derpy?  Seemed like every other pony imaginable got in on this episode.  (except Luna)

Maud shutting down Discord in his comedy riff was super.  Nice to see Maud.

Loved Applejack getting all squishy about Applebloom's gala outfit, and blowing her nose on rainbow Dash's tail. 

Pinkie shaking the camera. =)

Poor Spike waking up with Discord in his bed.

OK.  I guess I'll need to go back and upgrade my vote from a "Meh" to an "I liked it."

ETA   

I did not like Tree Hugger.  I'm a little touchy about certain kinds of characterizations of hippies.  I was i hippie in the late sixties...  still am, sort of...  and I get sick of them being shown as clueless idiots with flaky notions.  (Although, Celestia knows, there were plenty of them that were pretty clueless)  Tree Hugger seemed less like a hippie and more like a New Age Crackpot to me.  Though I suppose to those of you of the current generation probably lump them together.  For me, that would be like lumping gamers and otaku together... 

Edited by Foliha

I can compare it, and I will compare it! Seriously, I once wrote an essay about the similarities between apples and oranges.

They are both round, for one.

would your rather a.  aid an powerful villain in his world domination quest 

or b. mess with the seasons a little 

(edited)

Here come the shippers~

So this was a good episode. It was interesting seeing Discords home, and I enjoyed seeing his Jealousy towards Fluttershy and Tree-hugger. XD

(Also, dat puppet-dimension doe....e.e)

Edited by baltosaa

would your rather a.  aid an powerful villain in his world domination quest 

or b. mess with the seasons a little 

Actually, considering that you can´t just mess a little with weather due to the big wibbley-wobbley, metereoly-raffateloly mess it is, it would probably hit the world harder to blow up a weather factory than help some magivore getting a bit of power.

Seriously, if the flap of the wing of a butterfly can cause a storm on the other side of the disk, what would a big disturbance in the place where the weather comes from cause?

Liked the episode a lot actually, since we got to see a lot of Discord. I was sort of hoping he'd actually banish Treehugger to another dimension though; I really don't like hippies.

• Brohoof 1

So this was a fun little episode. I enjoy Discord shenanigans, his utter randomness and complete lack of common courtesy, (Much like a certain other character from Star Trek I loved. :comeatus: ) But it's also nice to see him just try to fit in with the rest of the cast and in the end still learn a thing or two about friendship... I think. :huh:

Also, loved the references, the Metal Gear box made me chuckle, but I strive to now learn just what that alternate 'sock puppet' dimension was. It reminded me of an old TV Strand here years ago called The Den. :blink:

Also, nice to see Celestia's still sabotaging the Gala for her own amusement. I think somepony needs a psychiatric evaluation test.

And I want what Treehugger was on. I wish I could be that mellow. :mellow:

• Brohoof 1