Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

How did I feel about the episode? Hmm.. Here's a very calm text I sent my sister after I saw it:

KUIVUxv.jpg

Honestly this episode was an absolute masterpiece. I was pretty scared of watching it because I was worried it'd wreck my ship. It's my favorite episode of the season so far. I don't know, there's just so much I love about it. I loved Tree Hugger and The Smooze, I loved Celestia, i loved Maud and her sick burn, I loved the outfits and the manestyles, the background ponies looked awesome, the references were so amazing (that Metal Gear Solid reference!).

I loved seeing Discord's home, I loved his whole fit of jealous rage, I loved how awkward he was this episode, I loved the poor mailpony who's pretty much stuck in the abyss because he's so dedicated to his job, I loved the whole fact Discord can open portals to other dimensions... This episode was just brilliant all around. Man, I think the show writers have been doing a great job this season of keeping everyone in character.

And Fluttershy was just a doll! I absolutely loved her- glad to see Iron Will's lessons were not in vain.

maybe I love this episode because it had so much Fluttercord in it and I'm just really bias but yea. This episode was 10/10. I'd rewatch it if it wasn't 1am.

I didnt think they could do it, but they got a stoner into MLP xD

I have to admit, this is the first one i didnt like.. though, Celestia cutting loose a bit was nice.. I guess not having to worry about impressing anyone is a good thing.. Now I want to see Celestia drunk, or atleast something close.. I can only imagine it!

Expanding this from my tyoutube comment:
I had to wait a bit before checking out this episode, as I had just gotten  back from the avengers 2 movie, strangely my opinion of that movie veered close to my opinion of that episode. But lets just stick with the episode. I enjoyed it, therewere a few scenes I felt were a tad cringeworthy and the liveaction cut gag is starting to wear thin for me, but it didn't really hurt the episode.
I must say applejacks line about her sister growing up makes my desire for the show to update the CMCs models to teenagers and give them their cutie marks burn brighter. But wow, they didn't even try to be subtle during the pinkie and discord scene, I guess what ever pinkies abilities are, she must feel that she doesn't have to downplay them around discord.
I like tree hugger, her design and personality kindof make her the maud pie of Fluttershy's friends. I'm guessing she's voiced by the same actress since maud was in the episode too.
Seeing discords house raised alot of questions for me, Is that discords home dimension or is it just a part of equestria he was given free reign over? How did the mail popny even get in? And why, in the name of celestia, did they not think to assign derpy to that district? Oh well, if that mail pony ever gets out he'll probably put in a request for it.
I guess the smooze's original abilities came from discord lending them out in the old show, makes sense why discord would think of him as the closest thing he has to an old friend.
And you gotta love how discord basically pulled every comedy taboo in the span of two minutes(telling a joke everyones heard before, saying "what's up with that", making fun of the host, trying a knock knock joke in stand up comedy. and using prop gags as the whole joke) and then maud finishes up with the overused "No you" joke. I'm with celestia though, that joke about twilights flight skills was funny even if it was poorly delivered.
Overall a good episode, and surpisingly downplayed for a discord episode. And i'm starting to want more of Celestia wanting to crash her own parties, it's adorable.

(edited)

I liked this episode. I think I missed a few things, though - like, that Chaos symbol. I haven't seen it.

Yet.

Anywhoodles... Fourth wall? What's a fourth wall?  :derp:

Gosh, I almost got a heart-attack when Pinkie shook the camera. And Senor Balls made me laugh out loud! 

I give this 4 Discords out of a non-existent fourth wall.

:umad:  :umad:  :umad:  :umad:

Edited by Civviq Writer

(edited)

Why does it seem like the mane 6 minus Fluttershy were somewhat rude to Discord? Or maybe I'm the only one that noticed that.

Some of the Mane 6 were a bit rude but their attitude towards Discord was definitely different after season 4.

Applejack and Rarity were a bit annoyed because Discord just dropped in and scared the CMC. But there were no hostile comments or remarks towards him. Rainbow Dash, one of the Mane 6 who disliked Discord the most didn't even look up from her card game. Before Discord was reformed she would definitely have been on alert.

Pinkie Pie interacted with Discord as if they had known each other for years, and Pinkie could be pretty annoyed with Discord as well before.

Twilight was different towards Discord as well. No longer those frowns or distrustful looks, she interacts with him as a  friend. Sure, she warned him about not making a mess but she knows that even with Discord reformed, he remains the Spirit of Chaos. 

I mean, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash would definitely have made their dislike for Discord known if this had happened before the season 4 finale. During Discord's stand-up comedy act, even Rainbow could only stare in surprise/disbelief. They have all accepted him, they do seem to feel a bit of uncertainty/awkwardness at times when interacting with Discord, but no longer any hostility or distrust.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 1

I'm with you, Discord. How do pony parents DO this?!
Insert molestation jokes here (sadly)
Quick, call the contractor! Pinkie just broke the 4th Wall worst than ever!
Don't be surprised. Fluttershy's pretty much a hippy anyway.
Later, in the Final Dungeon
And he was never seen again.
Something bad is coming down, have you heard to news...
"Me and Smooze go way back! We went to Villain School together!"
Tree Hugger: Counter Troll!
Uh, Rarity? You normally don't wear clothes.
No, not Link's stash!
Okay, who else laughed with Celestia at that joke? Be honest.
Man, everyone's counter trolling Discord tonight!
The all powerful ruler of Equestria, ladies and gentlemen :okiedokielokie:
Flutterponies no longer required!
He's sending her to Mexico?! He IS still evil! :o
"Well, that Loki guy has sent me some friend invites."
Hydia must be rolling in her grave [cry]
Dang it, Levinger, you're encouraging more Trollestia jokes!

Leave to Discord getting the spotlight to give us all out lunacy (and pop culture references)! :lol:

If there's one thing I didn't like, it's that it was a little too crowded, mainly with Twilight and the CMC appearing in a story they had little place in for functionary non-roles.

Well, I was pretty sure that the Pinkie Pie noticing cardboard box / Metal Gear Solid reference Discord was going to be the funniest point in the episode, but then Celestia had to ruin it all by actually laughing at the Twilight Sparkle flight joke.

Seriously, I think Celestia laughing was the single greatest moment in the entire five seasons of the show. It was totally awesome, even the sock puppet dimension, Mau'd lines and Discord's Dumb and Dumber tuxedo couldn't top it.

I loved the episode. I thought the story and overall idea was weak, but who cares when there was so much fun to be had in the detail! :D

I'm gonna have to be a cynic with this one, am I? Damn it...

Truth be told, while there were some good moments in this episode (DISCORD'S HOUSE,) I thought it was a little disappointing. And that ending with Celestia was one of the worst endings I've ever seen - easily the worst ending with this show. Yet, it could easily have been avoided; have Celestia and Twilight try to save Tree Hugger, Fluttershy could still get through to Discord and ba-da-bing: the ending is saved. I get that she just wants some fun, but it shouldn't be at the expense of someone else's safety, is what I mean. :confused:

And if you guys wanna kill me, I live right next door to Discord. Come on over. I'll...have cheese sandwiches ready or...something.  :P

(edited)

Pretty good episode all around as it addressed Discord's inexperience with the concept of friendship. Probably the best episode in this season so far as the humor was spot on.

Fluttershy was pretty good in handling Discord when push came to shove, but it was Discord's interactions with Tree Hugger that was the most fascinating.

Maud Pie was hilarious with her dead pan ways, and even Celestia got in the act with laughing at Twilight's joke and also the end sequence as she laid a bomb on Twilight while blowing Twilight's mind in the process.

Tree Hugger was actually pretty interesting for a hippie type character, and I appreciated the fact they tied her back to the Breezie Excusrsion Fluttershy went on back in Season 4.

The Smooze was more or less just something used as a backdrop to tie into Discord's story, but it seemed like a decent fellow when attention was paid to it never mind  its obsession over shining objects. It does seem to be resistance to magic.

Other amusing moments included Rarity getting smoozed and then cleaned by Discord, AJ using Rainbow Dash's tail as a tissue. and Discord dirtying his dishes, and AJ calling out Rarity for worrying about her shoes being destroyed forever.

It was interesting to see Discord's house and how the mail has a hard time reaching it, and the alternate dimension was a nice touch. 

Twilight was used pretty well in this episode as well as she was stressing out about running the perfect gala, but most of the other Mane 6 and the CMC's were non factors as far the plot is concerned. Nice to see them but the did not do a whole lot.

More importantly this episode kind of put a kibash on Fluttercord, and even just Celestia X Discord, as those relationships are nothing more than just being friends.

10/10

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 3

Howdy folks!

Great episode! :yay:

John de Lancie has another awesome performance as the Lord Of Chaos. :lol:

Great to see Ingrid Nilson return as Maud Pie.

And kudos to Nicole Oliver who everypony knows voiced Princess Celesta and voiced TreeHugger in this Episode too.

The CMCs looked adorable in their gala outfits.

AJ Blubbering was pretty good.

The smooze was pretty funny.

The MGS reference and the comedy with the watermelon was top notch.

(Kinda odd Spike wasn't at the Gala :huh:)

At least the gala was different this time around with Twilight planning the party and not Princess Celestia.

Natasha Levinger wrote a keeper.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I find this quite the opposite, i see this episode as a sunk ship for Fluttercord torpedoed by Dislestia.

I do have a hypothesis on this but it really needs its own thread

Is this guy serious? Discord said 'relationship' and 'we like eacht other'. Not even once did he in the entire episode interacted with celestia or even payed her any attention.

And she laughed only at one of his jokes and only because it was about twilight.

Dislestia shippers cant really be that desperate.

Just to remind you: He nearly was willing to kill somepony for touching his fluttershy.

Edited by Commissar Alexer
  • Brohoof 6

Discord is a little Jelly Bean.  :umad: Fluttercord, shmuttercord.  While the concept that having multiple friends is pretty simple to grasp, deep down he still wants to be Fluttershy's bestie, waifu, whatever.  He doesn't strike me as one to settle for even being an equal to Tree Hugger.  But who knows, we'll see what happens. 

Tree Hugger is an even bigger hippie than Beachcomber if anybody remembers him.  XD

Apparently Celestia secretly likes wild parties.  :D 

Nothing was said about all the gems Smooze ate but it's probably no biggie.  Being stored right next to the ballroom they were probably intended for any dragons or other gem eating guests that might appear.

• Brohoof 3

This episode has horror movie reference (the shinning) that creep me out. Pinkie apple pie and this ep both have horror theme reference (slenderman and the shining). I want Natasha bring me more horror reference cuz i love horror fĩlm :)

(edited)

Fantastic episode as usual, although it came off as somewhat more awkward to watch for one reason or another. It was also entertaining to see the animation and writing stacked with references without it affecting the episode too much. My biggest complaint would probably pertain to the ship fodder, but I can't actually blame the staff for that.

HapgiVE.pngIlluminati confirmed

Edited by RadioSilence