Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This is gonna be a tiny bit off topic but Treehugger reminds me of my teacher so much except my teacher speaks in a singsong sweet voice. Other than that (and one being a cartoon pony) they are copies of each other.

• Brohoof 1

I have to say once more that this episode was one of the best episodes to date. I loved it Discord is a beast, and I love the stand-up act. All thanks to Celestia who invited him, and that bit of info was cool to hear. Love the part where Rarity gets here clothing ripped of, and does the "I'm naked" bit, loved it!

post-31415-0-83166900-1428530842.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I for one loved the episode. Discord always has that special sense of humor that cracks me up.

Although the one thing I didn't like was fluttershy. Don't get me wrong, she was okay, but she didn't give Discord a chance and was ignoring him.

Discord got jealous because he thought he was being replaced, which is like me in a way, but I feel it was more fluttershy's fault than Discords.

** This is my opinion, so if you disagree, that's too bad.**

Edited by TheUnseenK
  • Brohoof 2

I for one loved the episode. Discord always has that special sense of humor that cracks me up.

Although the one thing I didn't like was fluttershy. Don't get me wrong, she was okay, but she didn't give Discord a chance and was ignoring him.

Discord got jealous because he thought he was being replaced, which is like me in a way, but I feel it was more fluttershy's fault than Discords.

** This is my opinion, so if you disagree, that's too bad.**

Yeah, Fluttershy has been lacking a certain tact lately. :/ I feel like its going to become a recurring issue with her.

I feel the lesson was conveyed pretty well. The writers needed a reason for Discord to get ticked off, and having Fluttershy flat out ignore him is a pretty good way to accelerate the plot! Besides, we've all probably had that moment when one of our friends was busy getting to know someone else and we just get jealous.

I loved the stand-up routine as well.

lol I love the picture thing
???? how do u make the pony faces

You use emoticons. Like : D = :D (remove the space). Or, when writing a reply, click the smiley face button.

• Brohoof 1

So far this has been my favorite episode so far. So much I loved about this episode. Really Like Tree Hugger and the Smooze is just adorable. Always enjoy seeing Discord, especially seeing him jealous. Plus the reason Celestia invited Discord and her laughing at the twilight joke was funny. Maud is also very hilarious as always  :maud: ! Overall this was a very fun episode and I hope to see more Tree Hugger as well as the Smooze.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Jeric 

That picture of Fluttershy about "No Matter Who You Ship...": I agree with it. and I do support Flashlight or any shipping I think is cute.

Flashlight is Flash Sentry/Twilight Sparkle, correct?  yeah, i would support it too if it was canon to the series, i definitely think it has potential, but so little is seen in the movies between them, it needs time more than that to develop, otherwise it seems forced.

You can not unsee this connection of comedic genius! Mwahahaa! >=]

sig-3914937.AustinDumbJC.jpgsig-3914937.smooze_kissing_discord_by_dc

oh my god...  that totally went over my head until you pointed this out, this makes me like this episode even more  :D

it's funny, i actually knew a guy i was trying to be friends with, and we had met a few times before and stuff, he seemed cool, but then i hung out with him and hi room mate one day, and i guess i put too much attention on his room mate who was more active at talking with me, and later on the dude started getting passive aggressive and days later i found out he was all pissy about me paying more attention to his room mate than him, and he didn't want to be my friend anymore, and it's not like i was friends with his room mate either apparently, so they both were bogus to me.

but yeah, i'm not sure if i can say i loved this episode, but it sure is high up on my "like" list.  there is a thin line between making Discord seem childish, and just a chaotic mastermind.  this was amusing, but it also felt a bit cheap too, and it's not like Discord hangs out with Fluttershy all the time anyway, and he knows Fluttershy has other friends already, and pets to take care of, so the main thing carrying his motivations is that Fluttershy was taking somepony else to the Gala, and for a being that is aeons old, his reaction seemed on par with a teenager.

i'm not trying to pick this apart as bad, but that is part of why i couldn't find it in me to "love" the episode, and also his standup was a bit lame, but i think it might have been lame on purpose, and i got a smile out of Celestia laughing at the Twilight joke, and Maud heckling Discord was a good pay off (not to mention Discord dressed as Gallagher was amusing).  otherwise these slice of life episodes are only so good when you have the limit of the target audience against the write staff, i personally will never completely or at least, blindly love this show due to my biases/preferences, but i can still enjoy it on some level none-the-less.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was wonderful and I was so happy to see Discord again and the continued character development.  I am a pretty big Discord fan, though not as much as my girlfriend who is Fluttershy and Discord obsessed.  I prefer a great Luna or Twilight episode, but whatevs, I digress.  I loved everything about this episode, except for the way that Fluttershy behaved.  Unless she'd been eating "grass" from Tree Hugger's pasture, she should have known that Discord was upset.  She's supposed to be his friend and should be capable of reading his emotions better than she demonstrated.  She seemed somewhat out of character to me and disappointed me a bit.  The blame was placed solely on Discord for behaving inappropriately, but I think that Fluttershy should have shown more (dare I say) kindness.  Part of being kind is being empathetic, so that kept the episode from being perfect.  But that sock puppet dimension :D am I right? haha

• Brohoof 2

I loved everything about this episode, except for the way that Fluttershy behaved.  Unless she'd been eating "grass" from Tree Hugger's pasture, she should have known that Discord was upset.  She's supposed to be his friend and should be capable of reading his emotions better than she demonstrated.  She seemed somewhat out of character to me and disappointed me a bit.  The blame was placed solely on Discord for behaving inappropriately, but I think that Fluttershy should have shown more (dare I say) kindness.  Part of being kind is being empathetic, so that kept the episode from being perfect.  But that sock puppet dimension :D am I right? haha

These were my thoughts exactly, and I'm glad someone else thinks the same thing! They should have done more to show Fluttershy at least thought about the decision. In Ticket Master, Twilight had to decide who to give her ticket to and had a hard time deciding. Fluttershy did mention how she assumed he already had a ticket because he and Princess Celestia were friends, but that was never brought up again in the episode, and she could have shown more empathy to Discord while they were at the gala (but I guess being completely oblivious to someone's weird behaviour is a common trait in cartoon characters). Also, the moral didn't justify her telling both Discord and TreeHugger that she hadn't seen anyone as funny as them.

Overall, I feel Fluttershy was more a plot device in this episode and not in character. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, since Fluttershy is my favourite pony so I'm more sensitive to how she's portrayed.

This episode could have been much better if Fluttershy had shown more kindness, and recapped why she didn't consider him when giving away her +1.

Edited by Zerbu
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I kind of wished I saw this when I was about nine. Up to that point, I had a best friend named "K". Then this girl named "A" moved to town and K started to hang out with her more and more. I would hang out with both of them, but I would constantly feel left out when they talked about something they had in common but I didn't like American Girl dolls. I did what Discord did at the beginning. I avoided my friend and when the two of them did approach me, I tried to play it off and try to make myself look cool. It didn't really work and eventually, I just stopped going anywhere with K and A unlike Discord. And Unlike him, I shut down and didn't tried to understand. I didn't even keep in contact after I moved. I kind of regret that now, I don't even know where either of them are.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...