1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

@@Asbel Lhant, @@Commissar Alexer,

Not a chance.

1. I'm a veteran of several other fandoms. Ships never die, whether a ship they like is canon or not, whether it was canon 40 years ago, 4 weeks ago, and anywhere in between. If they don't die in other fandoms, they don't die here.
  2. In actuality, this episode fueled Dislestia. The little responses (Celly laughing from Discord's joke, Celly inviting him to the Gala so he could cause chaos, and their friendship) offer plenty of shippin' fire.

so let's ship Celestia with all the mane 6, as well. She invited them to cause chaos at the Gala, too.

Must be something romantiiiiiic going on between them!

But seriously, it was a fun and entertaining episode, and besides Discord's role in "Twilight's Kingdom," this is my favorite Discord episode yet. It shows that although he's reformed now, there are still a lit of things he has to learn. Him apologizing to the Smooze was also a nice touch, considering he had been using him initially to get back at Fluttershy.

Hopefully Discord now has enough friendship lessons to be a reliable ally. I'm still looking forward to the day he fights with the mane6 for real. (like if he had been loyal in Twilight's Kingdom)

• Brohoof 1

so let's ship Celestia with all the mane 6, as well. She invited them to cause chaos at the Gala, too.

Must be something romantiiiiiic going on between them!

If you're going to make your counterargument credible, never use sarcasm. It destroys your point and enforces mine.

There's a ton of shipping fuel in this episode. It's not just Dislestia, but Fluttercord, too. And like I said earlier, ships never die. They don't die a century ago. They're not gonna die here.

If you're going to make your counterargument credible, never use sarcasm. It destroys your point and enforces mine.

There's a ton of shipping fuel in this episode. It's not just Dislestia, but Fluttercord, too. And like I said earlier, ships never die. They don't die a century ago. They're not gonna die here.

I highly doubt it does. I mean, you might as well. Your argument was ludicrous, because again- Celestia did the exact same thing with the Mane 6, for her own amusement, to liven up the Gala. Discord's in the same boat, so where does the blossoming romance even apply? I can't see it. i can't see how others can see it. Because there IS none!

Also- Friendship is magic. =_=

FRIENDSHIP.

FRIEND (if you really wanna push it and think that Celly and Dis are friends, even)

(edited)

sig-3762332.897431__safe_pinkie%20pie_an

There was absolutely no wall left to break when these two had an entire scene together.

Looking back at it, am I the only one who sees the words 'THE GAME' on the sides of that box???

Edited by x0jackie0x
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm saying this as a devoted fan of team Fluttershy. I'm disappointed in Fluttershy. She was not considerate of Discord's feelings. As far as things go Discord's maturity and social growth was only as high as a colt. This was also Discord's 1st Grand Galloping Gala, you could equate his experiences to how the CMC was going on with their older sisters. Sure Discord could have been more upfront about his feelings but like I said his maturity and social level was only as high as a colt so he can only huff and puff.

Sure you can say it's just "tough love." But Fluttershy does not play tough love unless it's warranted. Fluttershy you screaming at Discord at the end was the last straw I could take in you acting like it's all his fault. Shame on you Flutters. I wouldn't have minded if Discord just totaled the place and I don't even like Discord I usually found him overrated but he didn't deserve all that then all the ponies threatening him with the "Elements of Harmony" how hypocritical. How about you take a lesson yourself Fluttershy you failed a lesson of kindness.

Open up that diary or letter to Celestia. I mean it.

Edited by cidershield

(edited)
I highly doubt it does. I mean, you might as well.

Never happening. If you're going to be sarcastic, expect to be called out for it. Each time you act sarcastic, you destroy your argument.

Also- Friendship is magic. =_=

Shippers don't care; as a shipper myself, I don't. People have shipped long before Friendship Is Magic, and people are gonna continue shipping characters. Bronies have shipped Fluttercord and Dislestia before today's episode. This episode continues to add fuel to both flames thanks to the teases in both the show and the people who run it (like Sibsy's joke on Twitter).

Why does it seem like the mane 6 minus Fluttershy were somewhat rude to Discord? Or maybe I'm the only one that noticed that.

I'm saying this as a devoted fan of team Fluttershy. I'm disappointed in Fluttershy. She was not considerate of Discord's feelings. As far as things go Discord's maturity and social growth was only as high as a colt. This was also Discord's 1st Grand Galloping Gala, you could equate his experiences to how the CMC was going on with their older sisters. Sure Discord could have been more upfront about his feelings but like I said his maturity and social level was only as high as a colt so he can only huff and puff.

Sure you can say it's just "tough love." But Fluttershy does not play tough love unless it's warranted. Fluttershy you screaming at Discord at the end was the last straw I could take in you acting like it's all his fault. Shame on you Flutters. I wouldn't have minded if Discord just totaled the place and I don't even like Discord I usually found him overrated then all the ponies threatening him with the "Elements of Harmony" how hypocritical. How about you take a lesson yourself Fluttershy you failed a lesson of kindness.

Open up that diary or letter to Celestia. I mean it.

Fluttershy had every right to be angry at him and call him out. Discord was partially responsible for causing all the mayhem at the Gala by not keeping Smooze accountable. Whatever validity he had was thrown away by misbehaving at the Gala. She did like whatever true friend should do: keep their friends accountable when they act naughty.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

(edited)

Never happening. If you're going to be sarcastic, expect to be called out for it. Each time you act sarcastic, you destroy your argument.

Shippers don't care; as a shipper myself, I don't. People have shipped long before Friendship Is Magic, and people are gonna continue shipping characters. Bronies have shipped Fluttercord and Dislestia before today's episode. This episode continues to add fuel to both flames thanks to the teases in both the show and the people who run it (like Sibsy's joke on Twitter).

Fluttershy had every right to be angry at him and call him out. Discord was partially responsible for causing all the mayhem at the Gala by not keeping Smooze accountable. Whatever validity he had was thrown away by misbehaving at the Gala. She did like whatever true friend should do: keep their friends accountable when they act naughty.

I don't disagree that Fluttershy should be angry at Discord because Discord did screw up. But so did Fluttershy and I'm not going to turn a blind eye on her failing in what her character was really about. Fluttershy always knew the needs of others before they even asked for it, that's the kind of pony she was, she is capable of reading the needs of other woodland animals communicating to them with their behavior and no need for words.

No pony is perfect and this scene does show that Fluttershy isn't perfect in what she was portrayed as but I have to point her flaws out. Fluttershy is still my favorite pony but that doesn't mean I'm going to let her get away with everything.

Edited by cidershield

Wow, what an episode! Nice to see more of Discord. I really liked Tree Hugger, what an interesting pony. Also, Maud showed up! And Dash looked girlier than normal in that dress.

Looking back at it, am I the only one who sees the words 'THE GAME' on the sides of that box???

XD No, I noticed it as well. Gosh darn the fact I know about that darn game. I looooosssst the gaaaammee!!! >3<

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I thought it was a pretty good episode, overall.

Humour: 8/10

This has probably been the funniest episode all season (although we're only 7 in). The jokes were creative and well-written, and fell away from the usual slapstick humour kids shows (and often MLP) are plagued with. They even did the whole "so unfunny it's funny" thing, which I loved. That mailman scene was awesome.

Visuals: 7/10

There were quite a few visual gags in the episode, which is expected considering it's Discord. As always, the things he did (washing clean dishes and making them dirty) were interesting and enjoyable to see. The dress designs were great once again, and I'm pretty sure there were unique dresses on background ponies and everything, which is weird because knowing this show they would either not give them dresses or just duplicate things. However, I didn't really pay too much attention to everything, so idk. The animation was good, especially the slime physics.

Oh, and this:

sig-3762199.897532.png

Treehugger: -420/10

This character was awful. While I do think it's cool that they were able to blatantly make fun of a stereotype in a kids show without getting censored, Treehugger was still incredibly annoying. Also, does anyone recognise her from Equestria Girls/Rainbow Rocks at the hippie table that Fluttershy sits at? I think there was a character that looked strikingly similar to her.

Story/Pacing: 7/10

The story paced nicely, and there weren't really any moments where I just kinda went "Alright, cool, I get it, move on". It was quite eventful throughout, really.

The story itself didn't really seem all that unique or special, and I'd be suprised if this is the first time MLP has done a plot formula like this. I mean, it's really just: There are two good friends, friend A and friend B. Friend B gets a new friend and friend A is jealous so he/she finds their own new friend to make friend B jealous and hopefully get him/her back. It's been done so many times >_>

If it is a recycled plot though, then I guess I'm okay with it because they still made it pretty interesting and entertaining :)

Overall: 7.5/10

The way I do my overall scores, I think, is I start from 10 and take marks off.

So it lost two marks for Treehugger, and half a mark for the simplistic story.

Regardless, this is my second favourite episode of season 5 next to Tanks for the Memories, and I voted for "I LOVED IT! <3" on the poll :D

Edited by HailTrixie
  • Brohoof 2

Quite a good episode.

High points:

• Metal Gear box
  • Pinkie breaking the 4th wall
  • Celestia laughing at Discord's jab at Twilight
  • MAUD!!!!  Never enough Maud.

The smooze was entertaining.  I absolutely loved that they included Maud again.  I'm also relieved that Celestia was finally in the show again.  Now I don't have to eat my own head, something I promised I would do if she didn't appear in this episode.

Mixed feelings about Treehugger.  Kinda funny.  But by the end, she was rubbing me the wrong way.  Her good vibrations things was...kind of weird and annoying.  She doesn't seem well suited to be a regular friend of Fluttershy's.  It wouldn't bother me if never saw her again.

I love that we got a look at the Q continuum.  That was just...WOW.  Awesome.  But how did the mail pony get into the continuum?  That's a noodle scratcher.  I suppose it's possible that that wasn't really another dimension, but just a corner of Equestria that Discord temporarily made look like that, but I doubt it.  That really looked like it was meant to be his domain.

The ending was a recycle of The Best Night Ever, obviously.  Twilight apologizing for ruining the Gala, then being shocked when Celestia said it was great.  It wasn't necessarily bad that it was similar, but I think the ending could have been done a little better.  It was interesting hearing Celestia break her normal royal character at the end, and sort of loosen up.  But I dunno, it felt kind of strange to me.  I mean, I really want them to develope her more, and that scene showed how she can be just like anypony else, especially when she didn't have as much responsibility with Twilight's help.  But still, it felt just a little weird.  I guess it was ok.

It was interesting that we had another Rarity being embarrassed because she's naked joke, which was also done in The Best Night Ever.  But that's not a bad thing.  I still enjoyed it very much.  Just interesting that both jokes were in the gala episodes.

AJ blowing her nose on Rainbow's tail was oddly hilarious.  I can't explain it, but I just find that gag irresistible for some reason.

The best part was Discord's comedy routine.  That was golden.  And I just flipped out when Tia laughed at his joke at Twilight's expense.  Wacky idea--I think it would have been better if she had really lost it and started cracking up hysterically, pointing at Twi and yelling, "Oh my gosh, he's got you pegged!"  Then she would grab Twilight and start shaking her back and forth, and yelling, "It's so funny cuz it's so true!  Y'know?!  Cuz you can't fly at all!"  In my mind, I'm picturing the way Sheldon laughs hysterically when Leonard makes an arithmetic mistake.  Anyway, that would have been amazing.

All in all, it's a Q episode.  How could you really go wrong?

• Brohoof 2

I am shipping Fluttercord so hard right now.  I love this episode so dang much!

Best line: "Do you even know what you just said?"

Tree Hugger was pretty freaking awesome (I freaking love her dreadlocks!), the Smooze is pretty much the grooviest side character I've ever seen (A top hat?  Gentility level is over 9000!), and the new Mane 6 hairstyles were very sweetles (well, TBH, Fluttershy's was kinda off :P).

I loved this very relatable development in Discord's character, especially because they didn't turn the Smooze into some wicked, unfeeling thing that would distract everyone from the real point of the story.  Plus, it was nice to see that Twilight wasn't saving the day for once, or stealing the "moral of the story" speech as has become her usual.

I wasn't really a fan of Celestia's out of character exuberance.  I prefer her as a demure, distant, and superior character, more of an authority figure than an actual player in the story.  Still, that was only a minor hiccup in a pretty great episode.

Oh, one lost opportunity, though.  I really wish they would have had Derpy be the mail pony, though I understand they may have been reluctant to do so since she's been the subject of some controversy.

• Brohoof 1

Also, dat Flutter face. :wub:  :squee:  I squeed when she did it..

sig-3762199.897532.png

This face made me laugh so hard I actually had soda come out my nose. Boy did it hurt. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love this episode. Although it was a bit different than what I expected, the humour and everything made it enjoyable.

I am mainly a Fluttercord shipper, but this episode made me ship Dislestia  a bit. (Hey, I can ship both right? dx.  ) Mainly for these points.

Points for Dislestia

Discord

In this episode, Discord gave Fluttershy a tiny flower as an apology, while in the season four finale he gave Celestia a bouquet of flowers. (Than again, he put Equestria in danger.. But IDK, he didn't give Fluttershy flowers in the season four finale even though he made her cry.)

Celestia

Celestia is the only one that laughs at his joke.

The one thing that really bothers me is that she didn't invite him as her plus one even though they were friends. (Or that Discord didn't even ask her even though he ask the other five) But than again, the Smooze wouldn't happen if she did that though.

And of course, there were a lot of Fluttercord moments too. (Mostly about discord's feelings.)

Points for Fluttercord

Both

♥ Tuesday Teas and Tuesday Teacakes<3. That's just so adorable! 

Discord 

The way Discord says, "I mean we like each other that was the point. I am actually lukewarm about cake." A little thing, but the way he said that was so cute.

The way Discord flaps his ears when he asks about Fluttershy.

His face when he sees Fluttershy. It's just so cute-excited!  

"I can't have you interfering in my RELATIONSHIP between Fluttershy anymore" And later on  he says to Fluutershy, "You already stomped over our friendship by inviting her to the biggest night of the year" (A little thing. But "friendship" would seem more direct than a general term like "relationship" Seems like he has plans for more dx. )

Discord has other friends. Like Celestia, and the other Mane Five. But he acts overboard about losing Fluttershy. (I guess he kinda did a similar thing with Twilight with Princess Cadence when he tried to ruin their time together.. But he wasn't as/not of all jealous about it in that episode. It seemed more like he wanted to cause mischief or give twilight the friendship test.)

♥ "We're crazy when we're together" xd. Seems like a reference to the butterfly effect. dx. IDK, just feels cute.

Fluttershy 

♥ When Fluttershy says, "Am I really your oldest bestest friend?" Her excited expression was just so cute. dx. If discord had only admitted it.. (*writes a sweet fanfic about what could have happened*)

♥ The way Fluttershy delivers the line, "I don't understand why are you doing this. We were getting along so well." It felt a bit monotone/flat/lack of anger/lack of emotion. Like she was pretending.. (Maybe it's just me. But it just makes me cringe every time I hear it with how bad it sounded. ) Is it possible that she was pretending to be oblivious the whole time? (Playing hard to get anyone? xd.) 

It just seemed weird to me that she didn't seem to pick up his feelings about it.  She saw through his act in Keep Calm And Flutter On.("Do you really think I don't know what he's doing?" quote from that time. )  And how can she not hear him during that table scene? (or at least feel that bump? Well it's possible if she's super focus )

Oh also wanted to say the argument between them was cute. dx.  

But it also wasn't as sweet of a confrontation as I hoped it would be. I wish the Fluttershy was more considerate about Discord's feelings. It would be so adorable with a "Oh Discord, just because I am friends with Tree Hugger/other ponies doesn't mean I'll abandon you. We can have a lot of friends we like for different reasons and purposes. " I see how it's kinda adorable how she just let's him come to the conclusion on his own with a "you're being silly" kinda attitude though. dx. (Adds humour too.)

And if the two danced in the end after Pinkie asked the smooze to dance. <3. That would be perfect. 

hehehe. I don't know. I honestly loved the fluttercord in Keep Calm And Flutter On more than this. It was more "aww adorable" . dx. Fluttershy was a bit more sweet. She feels a bit harsh in this one, (in fact she's being way TOO assertive sometimes this season. Making me dislike the new her a bit. )

I would also list all the funny moments I like in this episode, but I think that would be too much. dx.  But Maud Pie dx. She can be even funnier than Pinkie Pie! (And Tree Hugger calming down the smooze was hilarious.  And her being freaked out by the puppet dimension. dx. Priceless. )

And I can't forget Pinkie shaking the camera. Just. Perfect. dx.

So yeah, I love this episode.(Even though I was a bit disappointed with how Fluttershy handled it.)

Edited: (Just re-watched it for the 100th time. I forgive her if she was oblivious to the whole thing after all..Discord even says, "Go out to dinner? Have you no heart???". And she didn't pick up what he means by it. She probably just doesn't understand how much she means to him after all which explains the scolding. This seems like the new Sparity (Almost. Not entirely confirmed that discord likes her, and she doesn't even know it unlike Rarity).  I hope one day they explore more with this. dx. But that's probably wistful thinking.)

Edited by dohorcadrg