Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Agility vs. power: Which wins?

Venomous

So, what is the final deciding factor in a fight? Agility or power? Why?

• Brohoof 2

I think Might 

cuz I been in fight (real and LARP-ing swords fight) 

and the way I see it since I am coward and tend not to get in fits fight .. but if its like a 

sward fight with friends we get in this topic ... I say might do to the fact if you cant take hits and only doge onec

the power hit gets you you pretty much done and the finishing move will do you in. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would go with agility; it'd be easier to dodge hits (thus saving your strength for when the opponent is worn out) and with power you would slow down rather quickly. The only way power really stands a chance is if a strong hit lands.

Edited by Bayonetta
  • Brohoof 2

Power, now if we were to pretend that we're still in an age where swords, pole-arms, maces, and daggers are no longer useless in combat. Power would equal agility, since you'd have the power to hold the weapon more effectively and easily, which in turn makes your hits faster and more powerful. No point on being fast if you can't even hold the weapon you want to use.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I find it's agility. I've played Dark Souls a bit (one of the most unforgiving games ever T_T) and the general strategy most players would use against larger opponents is their speed. You take their health down in tiny bites while they can't even touch you because you're quick enough to dodge them.

Although, you could still lose that fight if you're dumb, like me :P

Edited by LittleMac
  • Brohoof 2

It depends on which holds the larger edge. Agility means squat if you can't actually hurt your opponent and power means nothing if you can't hit your opponent.

• Brohoof 3

Depends on how you define power. Are we talking about physical strength, or special abilities such as magic or another form of energy? It doesn't really matter. Power would win out either way.

• Brohoof 1

A mixture of both, but mainly agility.

'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.' - Muhammed Ali 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously agility. As I have had experience from a (play) fight with my friend, and he takes martial arts and is a green belt. But, as for I, being smaller, I had agility on my side and dodged most to all his hits and hit him when he is tired.

Stats:1-10

Friend:

Power-9 :huh:

Agility-5

Me:

Power-4

Agility-10 B)

• 6 years later...

Someone with agility 100 would win against someone with power 100 because maxed agility means you'll dodge every attack from someone with maxed power. Now if someone with maxed power also had even a fourth of maxed accuracy, the ability to gain a better chance of hitting the enemy, then that person would be able to land at least one extremely powerful blow.

• The title was changed to Agility vs. power: Which wins?