health How are you with getting your blood drawn?

ThePoniMan

• 1 year later...

I hate needles, but I donate platelets. I've gotten more used to it, though.

• Brohoof 1

˙ʎpoqʎuɐ ƃuᴉlooɟ ʇou ǝɹ,noʎ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

As long as I don't watch, it's fine.

• Brohoof 2

“Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received--only what you have given.”

I have to get my blood drawn once every few months, so I'm fine with it. I hated it as a kid though.

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

I'm fine with needles, but something about the suction of the syringe really messes with me. I can't explain it. In my head I keep thinking the vein will collapse or something else that probably doesn't make sense.

Depends on the amount of blood being taken lol. If it’s just a few vials it’s fine since it’s over quick. Like 10+ and I’m probably going to struggle to not throw up afterwards.

1688011602589297.png.895617a26d9ad95396f01be743553b79.png

• 1 month later...

Nope hate everything about it. Typically pass out and feel like crap the rest of the day. I've been avoiding it for three years now. :glimmer:

• Hugs 1

siggy.png

I had gotten used to it after so much bloodwork done due to chronic illness, but then for some reason over the past year plus I have gotten worse than ever. I began to feel fainty and now have to lay down to get it done. >.< I'm like WHY. I'm so used to this! What changed?! What's wrong with my brain or whatever is causing this??? I was perfectly used to this? I'm so frustrated!!

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

On 2022-09-26 at 7:56 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

I don’t mind having blood drawn as long as I don’t look at the needle going in. I always look away, then it’s fine. Telling bad jokes when it’s happening also helps.

I’m the same way, Dreamy. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

I was always terrified of the idea of having blood drawn, but I recently had a physical exam by my doctor, and the blood draw wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was over in less than a minute, and I did not look.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...