Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Ever Hurt Yourself While Playing Video Games?

ShinyRibbonsAndSparkles

Shortly after Super Smash Bros. Brawl first came out, I was playing a match against my little sister. She was really good at the game and had been beating the crap out of my other siblings (both older than her). I decided to try something stupid.

She liked to play stock matches with now timer, so I chose Pichu to fight her as Marth. I then proceeded to spend the next 10 minutes running all around Hyrule like a lunatic while taunting obsessively. She was so upset that she actually suicided trying to chase me around the stage.

I wasn't able to finish the match because, at that point, she pulled the power cord out of the Gamecube and started chucking controllers at me. I dodged the first one, but I took the second one right in the face at full power. Mercifully, she didn't throw the Gamecube while I was seeing stars.

What is with aggressive little girls and Smash? 'twas playing Brawl one evening with my kid sister, she uses a Wiimote and nunchuk controller whereas I opt for the tired-and-true Gamecube set up. I was humoring her for a while - letting her win, so to speak! - and she eventually started getting rather preachy with her faux pride. Being around fourteen, I took some offense to this and duly made a point to dominate her the next round.

Bad idea.

For whatever reason, my sister likes to stand on the couch behind where I usually sit as she plays the vidya. I sit about a foot ahead of said couch, legs stretched out languidly. So we're playing the game and I win in seconds, right, expecting her to enjoy her piece of humble pie? Wrong. She flips out into a rage. From what I can recall, she jumped down onto her knees to get within reach of me and slung the nunchuk wire around my neck.

Not going to get wordy about this, gonna get to the point for once!

I was effectively choked by a seven year old using a gaming controller over a game of Super Smash.

Yeah. Shit sucked.

• Brohoof 1

I just remembered another one, I dropped my PS2 on my Super Nintendo, that hurt my soul... Both still work! Now as per me actually my hurting myself, I was thinking back on it and I though of another incident (this crap happens a lot). Does anyone remember the days of loading screens? Remember how bored you got if your disk was scratched or something? Well to help pass the boredom while waiting I started throwing my controller in the air up and down catching it. My mom called me while I was doing this for dinner and I looked away and it landed right on my head. It was one of those heavy as all sin old wireless controllers for the PS2, and I was pretty much down for the count, I had 2 PS2's that day :P.

My hands only ever get hurt when I'm playing intense fighting game matches. Other than that they never hurt.

15+ years of constant gaming will toughen up your hands like that. :D

One time when playing Sonic 3, I couldn't beat Robotnik, and got very angry, so I threw the controller. It hit the TV Stand, bounced back, and smacked me right across the head. Lesson learned: Don't throw Genesis controllers.

The most embrassing was screwing around with Kinect at Best Buy. There were 2 demos, one was a dancing game (I want to say Let's Dance, but I don't think that was it) and that went fine. Then it was time for Sonic Riders. I don't remember what happened, but I started laughing, and then somehow ended up flying sideways into the shelf. At that point,I was literally ROFLing. I then flipped off the Xbox, and helped clean up the mess I made.

EDIT: Not that bad, but I had an AC adaptor for my old Gameboy, the fat one. I felt the urge to lick the end of it, while it was plugged in. It provided a weird sort of tingling in my tounge, and then blew the circuit. I think it gave me brain damage, not sure though. :P

Edited by Kapi
  • Brohoof 1

Where do I even start...

I've managed to smack my face with a wiimote, accidentally faceplanted the ground and have my forehead crush a gameboy screen in third class, angrily ragequit tons of games resulting in me hitting a tables and all sorts of things.

Luckily I've become a much calmer person now. But I still hit the table when I get really frustrated. But then again.. It's a solid table.. x)

Have also had my sisters older friend acidentally smakc my face with a wiimote as well. And that was painful!

But besides that all I've done is aggressive yelling at the screen. It's hilarious acording so alot of people..

Edited by TheBrokenToast

I once hit myself in the leg with mah big toe while playin' MW2. And it hurt, way more than it should've. I mean, it was like I hit it with a crowbar. I guess my big toe is an Iron Will waiting to meet its opponent (I.E., the leg)

Not personally, no, but I'll never forget when my younger brother accidentally mule kicked the bedroom window and of course shattered it .He was laying down on the bed (that was up against a window) and had his legs up in the air and when he plays he's very "twitchy" when under pressure.

Edited by Jemboi

Mario Party. The original on the Nintendo 64. The games that make you spin the stick rapidly. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about.

If not: In Mario Party, there are minigames that have you rapidly spin the stick in order to win. In the past, I've rubbed my palm raw playing them uber-hardcorely.

Also, one time, I was playing on the exercise pad for the NES, slipped, and slammed my forehead into the TV stand. Ouch.

This....

OMG I swear I hurt myself so many times as a kid xD

http://www.omg-facts.com/view/Facts/29698

Nintendo was sued in 2000 because Mario Party’s joystick-spinning mini-games caused hand injuries to children.

Posted Image

As a result of the lawsuit, the gaming giant agreed to invest $80 million in protective gloves for the owners of the game and another $75,000 for the cost of the investigation itself! The Big N was willing to provide up to four fingerless gloves with padded palms for each household that had purchased the game. There wasn’t much grounds for the suit, however. According to Nintendo spokesperson Beth Llewelyn, the company had sold over a million copies of the game in the previous year and had only had around 90 complaints reported, none of which were serious.

We here at OMGFacts played quite a bit of N64 back in the day, and in our opinion this lawsuit was an absolute joke. Yes, the joystick-spinning can get a bit intense, but we’ve both played several of the Mario Party games and it’s typically no worse than a bit of chafing and maybe a couple blisters. No blood, no foul, right? Then again, this is also the company that had to manufacture protective plastic “condoms” to prevent people from destroying their TVs when they throw their Wii remotes.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing major. But I remember playing Evil Zone for the first time. I was determined to beat it on every difficulty with every character in the period of time I had it rented for. Which granted, it wasn't the most difficult fighting game. But I did end up with a nasty blister before it had to go back. I worked through it to accomplish what I wanted. But I just could not play games for a while after that.

I exhausted my hands in one game that required you to yank up the PS3 controller a lot. Also, one time, I threw a controller at my own foot. And another time, dropped it on my own foot.

...Controllers, the most painful part of a video game.

• Brohoof 1

haha oh the countless times, well my favorite was when i was playing cod 4 when it was still awesome and i got so pissed i threw my hands up going wtf (insert loud rage curse words here) and as i threw my hands up my controller flew out of my hand and got stuck in the ceiling, then i was lke wtf so i proceeded to get my controller back and right when i looked up at it the ceiling where the controler was fell on my face, yeap fun times broken nose and broken ceiling that day lolz :lol:

• Brohoof 2

My brother used to get blisters on his palms when he'd play Mario Party hardcore.

I slammed a controller on my leg once.

Wii Remote/Nunchuk hit me in the face several times because of crappy wriststraps. We have the ones without the clasp thingy. :(

And I'm incredibly sore from Just Dance 3. :P

Edited by DumbFabric
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah, when I was about 8 years old, I used to be play this game called Gran Turismo 2 (GT2 for short - a racing game) on the Playstation. Game was terrific, but frustrating at times - especially the license tests (which you needed them to enter various races). Whenever I failed one of those tests by a mere second or so, I would rage and throw my controller across the room...

One night however, I kept on failing this one test (tried it about SEVEN TIMES before I actually got it) on the Super License (apparently the hardest you can do) and in a fit of frustration I slammed my controller on the wall... and nearly broke my wrist because of the amount of force I applied to the wall with the controller firmly in hand. I also kind of jammed my index finger.... so after that, I just said "forget this" and went on the computer... where more rage on another game ensued. Sad day.

(edited)

Wait now I'm confused as to what I did.... I thought I had replied and quoted myself, but I guess I didn't, but then why did it have me quoting...myself.... Ugh let me try this again.

I was saying that I had went on a Dead or Alive binge on the Dreamcast and played for so long that I actually caused my thumbprint to bleed. I didn't notice it had happened until mom saw the bloody fingerprints on the fridge when I went to get a soda.

Also there was one time I got so angry at a game I was playing on my laptop that I threw the laptop to the floor and near destroyed it. That was a very costly lesson in anger management.

Edited by NoodleFox