gaming What is your honest opinion of PewDiePie?

AEDAZ

Personally, I'm alright with Pewds. I don't frequent his videos, but I like to check in on him every now and then. I believe him to be one of the lowest forms of entertainment - right above Call of Duty. That said, I still laugh at his videos and I think he's generally a decent guy.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I watch him every now and then. He's not a horrible YouTuber as many people like to accuse him of being. He's funny and nice.

Edited by Papillon
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

I think he is a good guy. I don't really find him that funny anymore, but i used to watch him a lot. I might start liking his humor again, who knows.

EDIT: A lot of people are saying that he used to be funny, but I wonder if they didn't just outgrow his humor.

Edited by Lee
  • Brohoof 8

Not a big fan. The ones as saw mostly consisted of him screaming the whole time. I found it more annoying than entertaining.

Different strokes for different folks.

• Brohoof 7

I think he's funny. He also plays games that interest me a lot like Life Is Strange. I can go to his channel to find pretty much anything when I'm looking for new games to watch/buy.

• Brohoof 1

I think he knows his target audience and knows how to pander to them as well. I'm not really a fan of his stuff, but I can respect that he is pretty good at knowing what his audience would like. I think I kinda respect him more as a businessman and a person rather than enjoy his content!  :lol:

• Brohoof 6

Not really a fan, but I liked him a fair bit when I was 14 or 15. At that time, I had always wanted to see him play the Luna Game series.

Two years later, he finally did it. I like the video, but I probably would have enjoyed it more if he did it back in 2012.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Don't like him! In my opinion there is nothing different between other you tubers content and PewDiePie's, except his high pitch voice and accent, if it wasn't for them combined with his OTT reactions to small things he would not have triple the subscribers of the second most subscribed to channel. Then there's what happens with his content. Because of his fame on you tube, he is given exclusive rights to upload games that other u tubers can't. Other big you tubers may just get told to take the video down, which is still terrible as it means they wasted a lot of time for nothing, but smaller you tubers who upload those games gat banned from you tube, and he did nothing to stop it happening! Some of them were his fans from when he first started and uploaded them playing the game because PewDiePie did, and then got banned for no real purpose!

Edited by Buzz
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Personally I'm not fond of his videos and would prefer to watch other people's Lets Plays. Annoying? Sure but that's no reason to hate him; he's probably nice person in reality.

I find it odd yet unsurprising that people absolutely despise him for his Lets Plays.

@@BuzzI don't see how him having exclusive access to games should determine whether one should like him or dislike him. As well other Youtubers getting banned is ultimately something he has no obligation to do anything about.  Also the reason why PewDiePie is so popular, from what I remember, is said to be because he had location advantage; he lived in Sweden then moved to UK which allowed greater number of people to view his content than typical Youtubers.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 5

I don't watch him anymore. I think that he used to be pretty good, those first Amnesia videos were rather funny, but I think he has lost his sparkle, and is now just really derailing himself. He has become boring. 

• Brohoof 2

Pewdiepie... Hmmm...

I think that most people who absolutely hate him actually hate the people who watch most of his videos. The older people who watch him know they can always go to his channel and get a good laugh, but I don't really watch him, or really YouTube all that often anymore. The people who watch him (the majority) seem to be middle school age, the age where many people think they are more mature than they really are (hence, that is where most people learn how to curse) and they don't act extremely mature about it. This is what I and what I believe is what most other people hate about him/ his channel.

• Brohoof 1

He's just not funny. I watched a single video of his, and although it didn't particularly annoy me, his style just wasn't interesting or funny. He comes across as a failed comedian, trying so hard to make awful jokes hit that he only induces a groan.

Personally, I gravitate towards Cr1TiKaL for his absurdist "fuck logic" approach to deadpan humor, and the GameGrumps because of how casual their channel is. Cr1TiKaL is a character actor portraying an ultra-perverted egotist with the mouth of a sailor, and the Grumps are just two funny people shooting the shit while playing video games. Even when they're not at their funniest, it's all so laid-back that you feel tempted to chuckle along anyway. That's alot more appealing to me than the in-your-face bullshit of PewDiePie.

• Brohoof 2

He's alright.  Nothing against him.  Not a big fan of his style.  I much prefer James Rolfe and Mike Matei for gaming funnies.  I actually like Pewds' non-gaming videos much better.  Basically, the more life-oriented videos where he's not screaming.  Like Draw My Life (or something like that, forget the title exactly.)  That was great, and actually kind of inspirational.  It makes me like his as a person and think that maybe he'd be really nice to hang out with.  I liked him on GMM as well.  I just don't find his gaming videos all that funny.  But the biggest problem I have is the audio on his videos.  When he screams, it gets distorted and grating.  It's so unpleasant, I either have to keep the volume super low, or keep my mouse on the slider the whole time, and that sucks.  I don't have that problem with the Nerd.  When he gets loud, it stays crystal clear.  I honestly might watch more Pewds if it wasn't for that one pitfall.

In any case, Seabreeze seems kind of mad at him.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a fan of him, I won't lie. However, I find it annoying when people hate on him. There's a difference between content being bad and content not being to your taste. His content is good, otherwise he wouldn't be where he is now.

I honeslty couldnt care less about him. I havent come across a pewdiepie video or any of his rabid fans in years so he isnt bothering me any

That means you do care

At least a little

(Weird Al reference ho!)

Anyways, I do enjoy PewDiePie. Not really a huge fan, but I do enjoy his content.

I don't think that he is funny.

Yes, I know that he is obnoxious on purpose but it's to the point where it is just annoying.

• Brohoof 1