Did you like it?  

491 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I am . . . . speechless. Luckily my fingers have no such handicap.

This very well might finally dethrone the Crystal Empire two parter as my favorite episode. Every scene, every scene, made me want to laugh or cheer! The rest of the ponies beyond the Mane Six are every bit as interesting and fun to watch as we've always imagined them to be!

I've been in this fandom since very near it's beginning. This episode made something for me. It's a milestone marker in my life. I felt like I was watching the past years of my life on fast forward. I'm reminded of Matchbox Twenty's song "Let's see how far we've come."

I'm such a different person now, a better person, a changed person. And this show and fandom are singularly responsible for setting my life on the transformative path it's taken.

Mayor Mare's words touched me deeply and so did Twilight's. It's the first time she's said "I love you" to her friends and that's how I feel to mine and this whole fandom. True it may not be as close or intimate, but it's like extended Storge, a love of community.

Everypony was on par for big laughs and a peek into their lives while still building around the core of common love, which is a fitting metaphor for all of us isn't it?

• Brohoof 5

I don't ship ponies (except through the postal service) I don't care if others do, it dose'nt bother me, and if it makes them happy whatever. But the most important shipping I saw in this episode was the love letter that MLP/DHX staff sent the fans. MLP staff × bronys ship confirmed canon.

• Brohoof 4

People can get over it... I loved that they gave Derpy the limelight and we got to see her interact with the rest. I am sure people are going to say something because why else would they make such a huge deal about Derpy in the past? It's silly how others have to complain about the smallest of things you know?

I noticed that they did NOT call her by any name, nor several others just to avoid that pit fall again.

It won't. We've come a long way since Derpygate in 2012 the great Brony Crapstorms of 2013.

If it does well then I'll say the same thing I said then: People take their cartoons about colorful magical talking ponies way too seriously to a really unhealthy degree.

Its those who insist on the political correctness of everything that worrys me.

• Brohoof 3

By the way, it seems like the writers have finally found another use for Celestia: She's a full-time joke character now. 

I guess it's better than nothing... :huh:

Or . . . she's a sister to Luna. They bicker, as siblings do, but they forget about it soon afterwards. It was nice to see her talk to maybe the only pony who she sees as a true equal, and more to the point, the only pony who sees her as "Tia" and not "the Princess."

Long story short: The fan service was a bit too strong.

No such thing to me. This could not have been better in my eyes. 

"Whonicorns didn´t die of squeal."?

sig-3845168.mujyr.jpg

I beg to differ.

I seriously had to muffle a "FUCK YEAH!" under my breath even though it came from the top of my lungs when I heard that.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Eh, I wasn't into it.

I've never cared that much about most of the background ponies, so the majority of the fan service did nothing for me. Since most of the episode was background pony fan service, I was left somewhat bored. I love fan service when it caters to my taste, but this episode just wasn't made for me. That's alright, I bet most folks we're thrilled with it.

I did love Gummy's internal monologue, though.

Edited by Banul

Loved the realistic Tia and Luna dialog. :)

To the Bonbon and Lyra shippers, I married and had two daughters with my best friend. I still refer to her as my best friend.

• Brohoof 10

Gummy's internal monologue. Just. OMG. XD So much depth to his character! Out of all the other characters, it's Gummy who gets the most!

Vinyl just mowing down townsponies with the mobile wub machine. Runaway wubs. XD

Not thrilled about Vinyl and Octavia living together. I'm gonna consider it a music studio, rather than living arrangements.

I like the royal sisters' little spat, too. Hope to see more of them spending time together (either in their own Sisterhooves Social or Family appreciation day episode)

XD Keep it together, Shining Armor. You're in public, and making a scene.

Hi, Spike! Nice to see he's more competent in bringing a gift, than the alicorn sisters are. BOO YAH!

Never liked Lyra before, until today. That icy “hello” at BonBon. Her spiteful eating of those imported oats. Just something about her saying “I cooked them up and ATE them. ALL of them!” Maybe it's because she sounds so much like Lola, from Looney Tunes, while BonBon acts more like her, on the crazy/ random side of the scale. I mean, being a secret agent...really? XD

Aww, Steven Magnet's getting all weepy. Interesting that he kept that scale that Rarity plucked off of him from episode 2. And passed on her gift of generosity by giving up his moustashe to Cranky. :)

Hahaha, the mane 6 got locked out of the wedding!

Random Changeling is random. But not unappreciated. Cute how it's just sitting there, minding its own business. Wonder who its guise is. Who didn't we see in this episode?

• Brohoof 2

At first I took the whole episode and the direction it was taking as just on big clutter of mismatched fanservice. However, as they reached the wedding scene, they finalized it in Mayor Mare's speech in such a way that made the story of each pony almost collide together, explaining the importance of absolutely anyone stepping up out of comfort zones and taking on roles can do for a situation initially less revolved around them. (Mostly in this case, the most spotlighted and relied upon characters) This episode really was nothing short of amazing. 

• Brohoof 5

This very well might finally dethrone the Crystal Empire two parter as my favorite episode.

That's not saying much, considering The Crystal Empire is easily one of the worst episodes in the entire series. :huh:

• Brohoof 4

That's not saying much, considering The Crystal Empire is easily one of the worst episodes in the entire series. :huh:

Says you. It remained unchallenged as one of my personal bests of the entire series for the longest time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually I consider it among my favourites (as with other season premieres and finales) but it's all subjective. I have a feeling this episode will have very dividing opinions; some will hate episode 100 and others will love it (I fall under the latter category).

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

Utterly fantastic episode! I didn't even consider myself that interested in the minor characters (aside from Doctor Whooves), but this episode really moved me :D

Could not have been better for me, I thought they really achieved perfection and once again showed the fandom how much we're appreciated :) xx

• Brohoof 3

Gummy's internal monologue. Just. OMG. XD So much depth to his character! Out of all the other characters, it's Gummy who gets the most!

Call the presses, Gummy actually does have fucks to give! He just keeps them inside.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I didn't like it at all, really. Far too much fandom for me. That part with Bonbon was especially ridiculous. The whole episode just felt totally out of place in the series. Like, seriously. A changeling? It was just so strange.

Bad pacing, too.

Like, I understand they were trying to give the fans what they thought we wanted, but...I don't know. This was too much. It's certainly not what I wanted, and I imagine that all of the young kids who watched it had no idea what was going on.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

- The Dude had a rug as a cutie mark! I was giggling with delight!  :D

-The Doctor hints at a much deeper past involving "a traumatic childhood experience" and is anypony besides me thinking he was channeling Insano a bit? "SCIENCE OF COURSE! Nya-hahahaha!"

-You can't convince me that Derpy's voice actress didn't take some inspiration from DumboRobot.

-You know what I found the strangest thing though? That Vinyl never spoke. She's usually portrayed as, if anything, like she almost can't shut up but it's Octavia who's the more talkative of the pair. Yet I think her common fanon attitude was kept in tact.

I could talk about this episode for hours with everything they put into it and how right it all feels!  :lol:

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

I loved this it was so amazing! I wasn't sure I was going to like it since I don't really keep up with the background ponies but this made me smile. And that changeling? I loved that I wonder if it was a friend's of Cranky's or maybe it just popped in to get some free food off of the wedding. Either way I wanted to hug it! And Gummy who knew? 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Slice of life, being the 100th episode special, came off naturally instead of feeling like blatant pandering. Well done, writers! However, I will admit that some the cameos felt a bit forced (Seriously, how did Discord leave the Twilight scepter lying around for over a season? It makes no sense!).

I like how Hasbro has adopted the name Steven Magnet, despite the fact that it originated from an auto-caption mistake on an uploaded MLP:FiM episode on YouTube that they most likely took down due to copyright reasons.

I'm glad they've finally gotten the courage to give Derpy dialogue, even if her name was never mentioned. Extra special bonus points for not "fixing" her eyes. :muffins: I'm going to go ahead and say that I love her canonical voice.

Now, we finally know the truth behind Bon Bon's multiple names and voices! Lyra's name is canon, too!

Even the fanfic writers got some nods, with the sheer amount of shipping fuel going through the roof! The writers were definitely teasing the shippers (especially when Lyra and Bon Bon were exchanging secrets :sneer: ).

Overall, Slice of Life was a great episode that knew what it was going for, with a deep message, and whose cameos didn't derail the plot (*cough* unlike *cough* Double Rainboom *cough*).

Edited by Dolphanatic
  • Brohoof 3

Or . . . she's a sister to Luna. They bicker, as siblings do, but they forget about it soon afterwards. It was nice to see her talk to maybe the only pony who she sees as a true equal, and more to the point, the only pony who sees her as "Tia" and not "the Princess."

It was simply quite un-regal for her...for both of them. And there's something entirely strange to me about two millennium-old beings bickering over something so trivial. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I didn't like it at all, really. Far too much fandom for me. That part with Bonbon was especially ridiculous. The whole episode just felt totally out of place in the series. Like, seriously. A changeling? It was just so strange.

Bad pacing, too.

Like, I understand they were trying to give the fans what they thought we wanted, but...I don't know. This was too much. It's certainly not what I wanted, and I imagine that all of the young kids who watched it had no idea what was going on.

I think it's clear that this episode was made with a very different mindset than usual ones and probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It could be said that this may have been the worst episode made, but whatever the case I still very much enjoyed it. If they made something like episode 100 too often it would be bad, but I do appreciate that they at least did it once because it was made with Bronies in mind. In any case, if we do see something like episode 100 again, it probably won't be for another very long time.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 2

I think it's clear that this episode was made with a very different mindset than usual ones and probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It could be said that this may have been the worst episode made, but whatever the case I still very much enjoyed it. If they made something like episode 100 too often it would be bad, but I do appreciate that they at least did it once because it was made with Bronies in mind. In any case, if we do see something like episode 100 again, it probably won't be for another very long time.

I just hope someone in the cast declares it as non-canon, because some of the things in this episode completely opposed established lore. :/

• Brohoof 1

It was simply quite un-regal for her...for both of them. And there's something entirely strange to me about two millennium-old beings bickering over something so trivial. 

Just look at the Olympians and the Aesir and see what petty things they squabble over.  :P

Plus they don't always have to be regal, especially at a local small town wedding. If anything it fits their character. Celestia is finally getting the ponies to accept her more casual side as she did in "A Bird in the Hoof" and Luna is being accepted as being a friend to all.

So them quietly sniping at one another just seems like a logical extension, as I said before, they are the only ones who view the other as an equal, because as you said, they have been around for that long and are the only constant in the others life. So them disagreeing as normal siblings would given the circumstance just seems natural.

• Brohoof 1