music What's the most obscure music you listen to?

Fizz.

Oh my god the pictures from that second video made me sick! Wtf is this doing on a pony forum!?

It's not that bad. Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought "man, voldemort has some bad cataracts..."

Anyway, most obscure stuff I listen to is probably SikTh or Psyclon Nine. I don't even know of they're obscure, but I think they are :/

SikTh:

Psyclon Nine (they look like emo hipsters, they sound better than that, though):

My own music. No one has heard it but me.

*taps pen on desk in rhythm or pats hands on desk or starts a beat by beat boxing*

That's what you think ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well my guilty pleasure is Nicki Minaj and Odd Future XD

I have some really weird songs on my iPod but this is one that is just plain weird because well you'll see.

Some of you may recognize it from a video about Cupcakes.

Please, understand that OP asked for obscure music. I never forced you to watch this and neither is it posted on a pony related section of the forum. You could just walk away and pretend you never saw this, yet you fuel your rage out on me because I answer to an OP with what he requested?

You got the wrong impression from me. I has no rage, I clicked on and watched it on my own free will. I like being creeped out and oh boy I wasn't disappointed...

Untested Methods has some ridiculously geeky stuff, including a song about Internet drama. My friend introduced me to them and I tried to resist, but apparently I can't resist anything ridiculous ever.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

okay now for my 2 obscure.

1. Atrium Carceri. Good Dark Ambient project.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0XdBDRSWgE[/media]

2. Raison D'etre. This is BRILLIANT Dark Ambient

ENJOY THE NIGHTMARES!!!! :)

Edited by ZoidbergBestPony

(edited)

Obscure music thread and I see no avant-garde classical music? For shame. You don't know obscure until you hear this:

[media=]

[/media]

If you want more obscure, listen to moar 20th century classical avant-garde music. :D I love listening to those~

Edited by fluttergal

• 2 months later...

Both of these artists are pretty well-known in their communities... but they're certainly not household names like Coldplay. So I'm gonna name them just because they have AMAZINGLY weird and crazy music videos.

warning: EXTREMELY NSFW. Also, the music doesn't start until the 4 minute mark.

Maybe not the most obscure or weird sounding music... but it's foreign so it's automatically more obscure *puts on ray-bans* and the music video is truly awesome when you try to think about all the planning it must have taken to shoot it.

Obscure music ehh?

Well I guess I can out hipster everyone!

The most obscure music I listen to is MY OWN!

A while back I made two tracks in FL Studio. They were so bad that I never decided to share them anywhere!

So as far as I know I am the only one who has heard them! And thus SUPER DUPER OBSCURE!

*Puts on Hipster glasses and skyrockets to the moon*

Do black metal and trance count? Black metal is supposed to be anti-mainstream and as inaccessible as possible, and not many people listen to trance, everyone is blinded by ~*dUbStEp*~

I'd post it if I were you. I wouldn't consider Andrew WK or Tool as obscure, but they're definitely unlike whatever horrible garbage they play on the radio. I think anything that made you immediately think: "I've never heard anything like this before" Deserves mention.

I wouldn't consider Andrew WK or Tool as obscure, but they're definitely unlike whatever horrible garbage they play on the radio.

Both of those artists are played on the radio around here.

Either way.

Folk about zombies, murder, necrophilia and other subjects.

And a band I'm surprised doesn't get more play, since Mumford and Sons type music seems to be popular these days.