Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Hasbro hyping up the Royal Wedding episodes so much?

Zenoctilles

Skimming through EQD yesterday, I was surprised to see that Hasbro is actually planning to publish an actual, full page advertisement in tomorrow's edition of the New York Times in a bid to encourage adults to watch it (because little girls actually read the New York Times).

Why is Hasbro hyping this up so much? What can they achieve by advertising a children's show on an adult newspaper? Will people besides adults like us even care?

Not sure what Hasbro is trying to do here...

Well, it could influence parents to show their kids the show.

Have you seen the new toy line the royal family is going with?

If they can get the parents on board, and the kids watch it, Hasbro can make a lot of money off it.

• Brohoof 6

Could swing both ways I suppose. One towards helping their show, the other...not so much.

On one hand, the hyping up of this event may lead to a lot more people tuning into watch it collectively, some bronies who don't watch the episode on the day may be intrigued by the hype and talk behind this. Not really sure the New York Times is the best place to put an advert for a MLP wedding but each to their own. It could also attract the eyes of others who then tune in/inform their kids of this cartoon.

However, most things that are hyped up too massively tend to crash and burn massively. Take Duke Nukem for example. People waited years for that, the hype built up and when it was released it failed abysmally. I really hope it doesn't crash and burn though.

Hasbro is trying to market the show massively, trying to get everyone to know when and where it is being shown. It may be bordering on the "Forcing it down others throats" area now but I'd like to see if the hyping of this does affect the views in anyway.

• Brohoof 3

It's advertising. They're trying to attract more people into the demographic, mainly parents who'll have their children watch the show. Plus, pushing the "Royal Princess Wedding" thing will help garner interest in their inevitable "Royal Wedding" toy lines. (After all, young girls tend to love weddings).

Sure they're pushing it awfully hard even by season finale standards, but I don't see anything wrong or evil with it.

• Brohoof 2

I think the Hub is finally realizing that MLP is their best show- it seems that they just started hyping their episodes more starting with Hurricane Fluttershy, and they're just taking up to 11 with the royal wedding. I for one, hope all this advertising brings in lots of new bronies. :)

• Brohoof 7

Because it's the season finale and a two-part special, and because of the huge fanbase, Hasbro is naturally going to advertise the hell out it. It's just business.

/thread

Edited by The R-Dash 5000

Because the episodes are going to be .. *pause for effect* ..AWESOME!

I mean they have said that they have put down alot of time and work on those episodes!

And besides, advertising gives them more viewers and money :3

Which is good!

I know that MLP is the best rated show on the Hub, and perhaps they may be able to charge advertisers more if a few more people actually end up watching the show. Perhaps I underestimate the revenue that TV advertising still brings in for networks.

MLP FiM is a pretty poular show. Heck, a VERY popular show.Why wouldn't Hub hype the season finale?

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 1

Money, money, money... MONEY!

These episodes had better be good...

Oh wait... my parents read the New York Times... /)_- :P How will they re-act? :P

I was just gonna say that well...Remember back when Kate Middleton got married...I mean it was even live on Youtube I watched a little bit of it but it was boring and frankly...I'd rather watch Ponies tie the knot.

EDIT: Plus I recall back a few months ago there was hype because of the Royal Wedding playset, the wedding basics, the CMC Flower Girls sets....And Lyra being a perma-pony as well as DJ Pon-3.

Edited by Arashi Takamine