Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S05:E13 - Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

Jeric

S05:E13 - Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?  

318 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Well, right off the bat, I knew it wasn't going to be a sci-fi episode (It never is, but the episode titles sometimes throw me off).

i.e. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

I can already sense the amount of fanfiction that will explode after this episode.

But, it was a Luna episode which I also laughed and enjoyed the writers basically putting a whole bunch of other references that just couldn't happen in the real world. It also gives a bit of measure into, if not an Alicorn's magical ability, Luna's measure of power.

Quite a good Luna episode, but that "I created a Monster and have Nightmares every night because I can't forgive myself for what I've done" bit was just... woah. That's not just hurting yourself, that's extreme torture (If the nightmare's severe enough).

There was a lot of awesome stuff in this episode like Super Spike mounting Giant Derpy, Flutterbat, Princess Big Mac and the Golden Oaks Library. The story was good as well.

Great episode. Had a pretty deep message, as it seens this season is going to touch the deep stuff. And as a bonus a return of fan favorites like the powe ponies costumes and Flutterbat.

It's great to see Princess Luna having more screen time again, loved the episode quite a bit. The Catdog reference with Lyra and Bon Bon caught me off guard though. XD

It was great to see Luna forgive herself, and of course all the ponies dreams were pretty great! Alicorn Big Mac with the magical girl transformation was pretty epic!

Am I the only one who expected Derpy to appear right after the flying muffins?

One of the things I loved about this episode was that it involved going outside the barrier a bit (possibility of going into the real world and vice versa). Kind of reminds me of the Double Rainboom episode which is on my all-time-best-episode list.

Pretty nice to see what the mane 6 dream of and a bit of a twist on one which should've been expected. :lol:

Rainbow fighting the changelings, or Fluttershy being petted by Angel?

Both seemed like twists to me XD

Rainbow. Her actual nightmare wasn't so much of a surprise.  :lol:

Wait a minute

If Luna has been torturing herself with the Tantabus every night, how was she able to police the dreams of ponies?

Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, for example

She does that while awake.  She was awake when she was visiting their dreams in this episode too.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, Amending Fences is still the best S5 episode to date but this is quite good in its own right.  This one had plenty of little memorable touches like Catdog Lybon, Angel petting Fluttershy, the return of those super hero outfits, Big Mac as an alicorn, and RD considering cute things nightmarish.  Most of all, I loved the well executed metaphor about how all-consuming self-hatred can be.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

I liked the episode overall, the theme was pretty solid and the developing interesting. However, I think the excessive pandering is excessive and could've been avoided for a better result. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved ep100, and it's for this I think they could've spared these fanservice bullets in this one.

Like everything, winking to fans is good as long as it's something contained, and I feel we're seeing too much of it lately.

At this point, I'd love seeing the writers mercilessly crush some headcanons rather than confirming them, just to show us they are still able to surprise us without reusing stuff the fandom has created.

Finally another Luna episode!

Though it is kind of sad that she still didn't let go of the fact that she let everyone down, and poor Luna tortured herself a lot ...

Still it was a good episode!:3

(Pinkie pie is always Pinkie pie;)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

even  though the ep isnt out and the form for this  one isn out yet :) but when is ep14 coming  out. yea yea i know this isnt the right form nut still I WANNA SEE EP14 lol B)  B)  :pinkie:

cant wait till next ep B). lol

welp this sucks kinda no ep 14 guess teres going to be 6 sesons i guess

Edited by Blue Moon
Duplicate line.

Couple notes:

Lyra-Bob Bob hybrid...... Reallllllllllly trying to add shipping fuel.... Again. Love it.

Mutant angel bunny... Heck yes.

Princess Big Mac..... So the writers do read fan fiction. Nice.

Spike is semi-useful for once.

Pinkie Pies dreams are as random and unpredictable as she is.... No surprise here

Filthy Rich trying to bribe an entire 2 story cottage with a single bit?..... I bet the rent on that thing is at least 200 bits a month.....

Flutter bat makes a welcome cameo

Hasbro showed off the rainbow power versions of the ponies..... "Come buy me little ones...."

Giant derpy. That's a win in my book.

Hell the only major gripe I have with this episode is that the smoke creature just now makes an appearance....... Luna was introduced in episode 2 when she supposedly created it..... So she never dream about other ponies, and it took her 4.5 seasons to finally dream about other ponies?..... just sayin, that's a bit of a stretch.....

But otherwise an innpeccable episode.