Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bull Fighting. Your opinion?

Purged Account

Bull fighting. Is is tradition or cruelty?  

56 users have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on Bull Fighting?

• I Hate Bull Fighting! anyone who participates in it or even watches it should burn in hell!
    • Bull fighting should be a crime|
    • I don't give a buck about bull fighting!
    • I enjoy watching bull fighting.
    • I love bull fighting! Its part of me! Haters should die!
    • The buck is bull fighting?
    • I like watching it, though i disagree about what they do to the bulls in the end.
    • I don't like Bull fighting. I think it is Animal Cruelty!
    • Indiferent

I disagree with it. Killing an animal for meat is one thing, but stabbing it repeatedly until it bleeds to death is unnecessarily cruel.

Then again, I have never seen a bullfight or lived in a country where its acceptable so perhaps its not my place to judge. Still, I would personally rather it stopped altogether.

personally i dont mind it, as it is part of their culture, it barely harms the environment and i'v learned to tolerate other cultures. Aren't we suppoed to love and tolerate? Besides, why only target this and not drug testing on rodents, or poaching of black rhino's, when they cut the horn off without even showing enough mercy to kill them?

And your kind watches mlp...

What's that supposed to mean? People who don't agree with you on animal rights can't watch MLP?

personally i dont mind it, as it is part of their culture, it barely harms the environment and i'v learned to tolerate other cultures. Aren't we suppoed to love and tolerate? Besides, why only target this and not drug testing on rodents, or poaching of black rhino's, when they cut the horn off without even showing enough mercy to kill them?

Love and toleration was meant as a way to deal with trolls. People would troll bronies, and the bronies saidinstead of getting pissed, I'm going to love and tolerate you." They didn't even mean it. It was a counter trolling thing. Trolls want you to get pissed off, so if your only response is "whatever, still love you bro", they will eventually get bored, or even get pissed themselves.

Love and toleration was never meant to extend to every single goddamn thing on the planet. You don't love and tolerate rapists. You don't love and tolerate terrorism.

Sorry, it just bugs when I see people saying "love and toleration!" at every single controversial thing. I mean, yeah, accepting people is good, but if you disagree with something, disagree with it. Don't let MLP come between you and your own opinions.

What's that supposed to mean? People who don't agree with you on animal rights can't watch MLP?

No, just surprised that people who dont care watch it. I accept people having different opinions that me, thats fine, but the whole concept of not caring either way I find ignorant.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

No, just surprised that people who dont care watch it. I accept people having different opinions that me, thats fine, but the whole concept of not caring either way I find ignorant.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Well, wouldn't that be the same as being surprised that someone who likes eating hamburgers likes MLP? Those animals are treated just as bad if not worse than the bulls used in bullfighting. People who eat meat (that are not animals they raised or hunted themselves) does not care about the animal suffering enough to not eat it.

Hey, I eat meat, but buy it from local farms and know how those animals are treated.(Back in the day I actually controlled several of them) Eventually become friends with the people who run them because they treat them with respect.

I refuse to eat massproduced meat, even if Norwegian standards are way ahead of many other countries.

Having worked with animal protection my entire life(and getting tired of "facebook warriors" who have done squat in reality)

Well, wouldn't that be the same as being surprised that someone who likes eating hamburgers likes MLP? Those animals are treated just as bad if not worse than the bulls used in bullfighting. People who eat meat (that are not animals they raised or hunted themselves) does not care about the animal suffering enough to not eat it.

No, quite alot of that comes from ignorance, alot of those people have no idea what is actually happens to all the livestock...Or they think its an exaggeration.

Also, there is a huge difference between killing animals for food, and killing them for the sake of entertainment.

Wait... So you think it's strange that a person who doesn't have strong opinions on animal rights is watching MLP? How does that even make sense?

My opinion? Sigh... I actually have a few contradicting opinions on the matter, so I'll go with "mixed" or "indifferent". Though, I have never watched a bull fighting game so I cannot really comment on it.

(edited)

The bull is not an aggressive animal, and the reason he is angry and attempts to charge at the matador whilst in the bullring is mainly because he has been horrendously abused for the previous two days. In fact, what spectators see is not a normal, healthy bull, but a weakened, half-blinded and mentally destroyed version, whose chances of harming his tormentors is virtually nil. The bull has wet newspapers stuffed into his ears; vaseline is rubbed into his eyes to blur his vision; cotton is stuffed up his nostrils to cut off his respiration and a needle is stuck into his genitals. Also, a strong caustic solution is rubbed onto his legs which throws him off balance. This also keeps him from lying down on the ground. In addition to this, drugs are administered to pep him up or slow him down, and strong laxatives are added to his feed to further incapacitate him. He is kept in a dark box for a couple of days before he faces the ring: the purpose of this is to disorientate him. When he is let out of the box, he runs desperately towards the light at the end of the tunnel. He thinks that at last his suffering is over and he is being set free — instead, he runs into the bullring to face his killers and a jeering mob.

Edited by Purged Account

• 5 months later...

I am against bull fighting, such animal cruelty, and even times where the bull fighter ends up dying. Kinda stupid? Though if you are there in person, it gets quite intense, which is why they do it....