Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Doom Thread [Cute Cacos Inside]

Light Rain

I haven't tried the new Doom...and after seeing footage of the multyplayer, I probably won't.

Seriously, I thought this was supposed to be Doom, not Halo with hell demons...

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys already tested the singleplayer and SnapMap?

And Bethesda decided to give Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for free as a pre-order bonus.

Wait for real? How do we get this? I pre-ordered the game. Is this a PC exclusive?

It's a PC exclusive for Steam indeed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/

There was a graphic card benchmarking for the Doom Beta between Nvidia and AMD GPU's some while ago which resulted in:

attachicon.gifBane_0020.jpg

My PC is too outdated now to even run low settings... My poor GTX 560 Ti... It'll be a while before I can upgrade again... :c

My PC is too outdated now to even run low settings... My poor GTX 560 Ti... It'll be a while before I can upgrade again... :c

*Comforts you*. It's okay, I have an outdated PC too (sometimes I use my brother's PC since that one is the powerhouse in home). But luckily you can still run Planet Coaster, since Frontier kept older PC's in mind :D.

I still want to know how the singleplayer beta was. I really hope it's good.

*Comforts you*. It's okay, I have an outdated PC too (sometimes I use my brother's PC since that one is the powerhouse in home). But luckily you can still run Planet Coaster, since Frontier kept older PC's in mind :D.

I still want to know how the singleplayer beta was. I really hope it's good.

I might finally upgrade next year now that the Nvidia 1000 series are coming out. I might get the 1090 when that hits. I mean my top priority is getting all macs, but I will upgrade this windows PC along the way.

I might finally upgrade next year now that the Nvidia 1000 series are coming out. I might get the 1090 when that hits. I mean my top priority is getting all macs, but I will upgrade this windows PC along the way.

The one GPU that is also meant to promote the Vulkan API.

And holy crap, more than 100FPS :o.

Also glad to see the guiding system isn't mandatory.

(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLToGa1bNFc

This guy went to Bethesda's office in London and played the game. Some really interesting points he made:

• PS4 version will run at 1080p60FPS
  • Console versions are going to have graphic controls as well.
  • Upgrade system looks pretty good.
  • He says the singleplayer looks fun.
  • Ultra-Nightmare difficulty: beat the entire game on one life. Death = Return to level 1.
  • 12-14 hour campaign.
  • Combat looks excellent.
  • Secrets are back.

So the single player is going to be the real deal.

Edited by Guest

@@Key Sharkz: Glad to hear the campaign mode is good ^_^.

Been playing over 10 hours, the campaign is amazing.

The amount of Doom I've been playing would kill ordinary people.

Lucky for me, I am beyond such limiting titles.

EDIT: INFERNO IS SO HARD

Yeah, I remember having a hard time in inferno as a kid, hell, I the farthest I've went was the third level once, and I don;t even know how I've reached there as the previous was insanely hard for me back then  :dash: . Why, you know, the usual, not good with labyrinths, and frequent hangouts with lost souls and Mr Cacos, the usual  :catface:

Unpopular opinion: I prefer the scary and atmospheric soundtrack of the PS1 version over the original. OK OK people, no need to linch me  like that, make a straight and orderly line and start kicking my ass one by one  :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I remember having a hard time in inferno as a kid, hell, I the farthest I've went was the third level once, and I don;t even know how I've reached there as the previous was insanely hard for me back then  :dash: . Why, you know, the usual, not good with labyrinths, and frequent hangouts with lost souls and Mr Cacos, the usual  :catface:

Unpopular opinion: I prefer the scary and atmospheric soundtrack of the PS1 version over the original. OK OK people, no need to linch me  like that, make a straight and orderly line and start kicking my ass one by one  :mellow:

I think both soundtracks are great! PSX Doom has one of the best horror soundtracks in any game ever, if you ask me. :)

If you thought Inferno was hard, Episode 4:  Thy flesh consumed is much worse on ultra violence personally. Seriously, several barons of hell and loads of enemies at the first level and you have a limited amount of ammo between pistol, shotgun, chaingun, and rocket launcher, and most damnable is only 9 health potions, several armor shards, and one green armor were available to replenish your health. I actually ran out of ammo and didn't want to try fighting a baron of hell in melee so I jettisoned to the exit as quickly as I could :P

Not quite sure how the PX1 sound track is so you're fine by me :P

If you thought Inferno was hard, Episode 4:  Thy flesh consumed is much worse on ultra violence personally. Seriously, several barons of hell and loads of enemies at the first level and you have a limited amount of ammo between pistol, shotgun, chaingun, and rocket launcher, and most damnable is only 9 health potions, several armor shards, and one green armor were available to replenish your health. I actually ran out of ammo and didn't want to try fighting a baron of hell in melee so I jettisoned to the exit as quickly as I could :P

Not quite sure how the PX1 sound track is so you're fine by me :P

Yeah, never found a version of Doom with the E4, and while I have th eDoom 3 BFG edition (which includes the two original Dooms, the first with the E4), I was burned out with Doom at the time I've finished the three Doom 3 campaigns. I'll try E4 someday

About the soundtracks, I'll let you compare the music of the Hangar level, the original with the PS1 one, and you'll see what to expect ;) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

You should if you want to try more Doom goodness as it actually fills in the gap between Doom 1 and 2 in him fighting on Earth at the 4th episode regardless of how much of a bigger pain it is to complete the levels.

As for the music, honestly I feel that this track would probably go great for Doom 3 as it's aesthetic definitely matches the solemn and broody theme of it. For what I'm used to hearing from Doom and it's more action oriented gameplay, sorry to say but I preferred the original over the Playstation OST in comparison. Thank you for sharing those links, man.

Edited by Nuke87654

Just finished the campaign of Doom 2016, it's amazing, but the ending I have mixed feelings about.