Classic Rock - What's Yer Fave?

Randimaxis

Okay, I KNOW I'm old & I have a love for Classic Rock... but I'm curious:

How many of you whipper-snappers out there like Classic Rock, and what tunes / bands are among your favorites?

Here's a sample from me:

AND

... so, your turn.  What's yer fave?

B)

• Brohoof 5

=====  ( 0=====

Fnord.

2 Right off the top of my head. Nice tastes in music :)

• Brohoof 6

Are you aware that "Gone Shootin'" was on the 'Beavis & Butthead Do America' soundtrack?

I surely do I saw that movie back in 2006 one of my favorite movies ever. Although I loved this song before that movie its my favorite AC/DC song.

• Brohoof 1

Oh gosh, anything by AC/DC, The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Queen, Boston, Foreigner, Tom Petty, Rush, The Police, Fleetwood Mac, and Pearl Jam.

• Brohoof 5

gMbgvX4.gif

(edited)

I love a lot of classic rock, but as with many types of music, I'm picky, and often just like one or two songs by a band.  I tend to listen to a very eccletic mix rather just just a whole album by one group.

I do love just about all of CCR's stuff, though, as well as some of John Fogerty's other stuff, like Centerfield.  I love Pinball Wizard and Baba O'Reiley by The Who, I love Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds, Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf, and a good few songs by The Doors.  My favorites of theirs are People Are Strange and Riders on the Storm.  Oh, I almost forgot--I Am the Walrus by The Beatles.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

Anything off of Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. The band may have been miserable during that time, but they put that misery to good use.

Also, anything from Bowie's Ziggy Stardust time.

• Brohoof 1

f_50_1_70.jpeg

I got an extra hour in the ballpit

I used to be into rock a lot more than today.

My favorite bands were Nirvana (favorite song is About a Girl) and Led Zeppelin (favorite song is When The Levee Breaks).

• Brohoof 1

Oh gosh, anything by AC/DC, The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Queen, Boston, Foreigner, Tom Petty, Rush, The Police, Fleetwood Mac, and Pearl Jam.

It worries me that Metallica and Nirvana are in this...have they finally stopped being metal and grunge respectively and become classic rock? :o

As for myself, Led Zepplin, Queen, Pink Floyd (if you can call them classic rock - I personally wouldn't, but some would) The Who, The Beatles, Cream, Jimi Hendrix

• Brohoof 1

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Okaaaaaaay, let me respond here:

Good list!  But, uhm... I don't think all of those bands are actually "Classic Rock"... but then, I'm kinda "classic" myself, so... *shrug*

Anything by Rush is gold to me.

Ah!  Fly By Night, Free Will, Limelight... and of course, Tom Sawyer!  EXCELLENT band!

I love a lot of classic rock, but as with many types of music, I'm picky, and often just like one or two songs by a band.  I tend to listen to a very eccletic mix rather just just a whole album by one group.

I do love just about all of CCR's stuff, though, as well as some of John Fogerty's other stuff, like Centerfield.  I love Pinball Wizard and Baba O'Reiley by The Who, I love Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds, Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf, and a good few songs by The Doors.  My favorites of theirs are People Are Strange and Riders on the Storm.  Oh, I almost forgot--I Am the Walrus by The Beatles.

Centerfield was an awesome album... and one with a history!  Were you aware that Fogerty got sued by the holder of the rights to CCR's catalogue because The Old Man Down The Road sounded a bit too much like one of their classic hits?  That's right - he technically got sued for supposedly plagarizing himself!  What a world.

The others you mentioned are absolute Classic GOLD!

Anything off of Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. The band may have been miserable during that time, but they put that misery to good use.

Also, anything from Bowie's Ziggy Stardust time.

Rumours and ZS are very sweet choices, there!  So, where were the Spiders?  *chuckle*

I am honestly not a huge fan of classic rock, a little too hokey for me.

Well... uhm... okay, you're entitled to your own opinion.  I think you should give it more of a chance, but to each their own, I suppose.  *shrug*

I used to be into rock a lot more than today.
My favorite bands were Nirvana (favorite song is About a Girl) and Led Zeppelin (favorite song is When The Levee Breaks).

Zep is a good choice... but Nirvana technically counts as "Grunge Rock" - they do have a good sound, though.  I personally have... issues... with Kurt Cobain, but I won't deny the music's good; it's just not "Classic Rock", is all.

It worries me that Metallica and Nirvana are in this...have they finally stopped being metal and grunge respectively and become classic rock? :o

As for myself, Led Zepplin, Queen, Pink Floyd (if you can call them classic rock - I personally wouldn't, but some would) The Who, The Beatles, Cream, Jimi Hendrix

Floyd counts as Classic Rock in my humble opinion - and they are exquisite!  As for your notice of Metallica & Nirvana, I agree; they're great bands, just not "CLASSIC Rock".

Led Zeppelin, and Queen are my favorite classic rock bands

Yup and yup.  BOTH great!

Not sure if this counts exactly, but I loved Soundgarden for awhile ... Black Hole Sun! *evil laughter*

I generally don't love classic classic rock, but I like allot of 90s rock :3

Black Hole Sun is an awesome tune... but still not "CLASSIC Rock".  I do like me some 90's, though!

Okay, I'm a bit taken aback by what is considered CLASSIC Rock nowadays, but still loving the answers given!

• Brohoof 3

=====  ( 0=====

Fnord.

ZZ Top. Love those guys. The lead singer just has this tone that sounds so hillbilly, it's just classic. You can really hear this in "La Grange". 

• Brohoof 1

Guess I've never really understood exactly what 'Classic Rock' means... I mean I've come to think of it as more hard rock groups like late 70s Foreigner and Boston... But then I see people put The Beatles...

It seems as if this 'genre' is just as vague as "Alternative Rock", another genre I don't really understand what it's supposed to mean.

I tend to favor 'softer' oldies, but if we go more toward the first definition I mentioned, here would be some of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PppUJ_JGq2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZuW6BH_Vak

• Brohoof 1

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Class rock eh? Can't really think of much except the Beatles and Queen, I also enjoy bands like three days grace and linkin park.

Edited by Guest

Centerfield was an awesome album... and one with a history!  Were you aware that Fogerty got sued by the holder of the rights to CCR's catalogue because The Old Man Down The Road sounded a bit too much like one of their classic hits?  That's right - he technically got sued for supposedly plagarizing himself!  What a world.

That is absolutely incredible.  I understand the technical reasons for this stuff, as often times the creator of something isn't necessarily, or permanently, the rights holder (which already seems ridiculous), but omfg, a world where you can get sued for plagarizing yourself is more insane than any fiction we could come up with.

• Brohoof 1

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

Favorites as in bands? Well, I love Metallica, at least their stuff before Death Magnetic.

Also, The Beatles are awesome as well.

• Brohoof 1

I tend to like Tom, he was the most classic MLP rock.

post-34863-0-66392100-1439264300.gif

I also enjoy Bon Jovi, though Jon's band is more of a pop sound with rock influence.  I like Black Sabbath a lot, but I don't think that counts either.  I like anything Phil Collins ever sang, so if Genesis counts.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome Nightmare Night Shirt benefits a Brony http://www.bonfirefunds.com/bummed-bronysig-34863.princess_luna_s2_button_by_pon

^Credit for signature art goes to PonyUniverse on deviantart.