Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What type of Phone/Computer (or laptop)/Browser do you use?

Alphys Hedge

Which type of the listed items do you use? (multiple choice enabled, in case you use more than one brand)  

37 users have voted

1. 1. Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop
    • Laptop
  2. 2. What OS?

• Macintosh (any version)
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 7
    • Ubuntu
    • Linux
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 2000 or lower
  3. 3. Which browser (any version)?

• Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Netscape
    • Microsoft Edge
  4. 4. What type of phone (any version)?

• Android
    • iPhone
    • Microsoft Phone

Simple. What type of anything listed above do you use? And if you use a brand not listed above, please tell me and I'll add it to the list.

Personally, I mostly go the open-source/customizable route:

Computer: Laptop; Windows 7 (although it is a dual-boot with Ubuntu 14)

Phone: Well currently I don't have a phone, but the one I'm getting is an android

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Edited by Alpha Hedge
  • Brohoof 1

I can't vote because I don't have any phone and I am not getting one. Maybe, it would be a good idea to add "None" in the type of phone question? Anyways, I use a laptop with Windows 7 and Google Chrome. I won't change because Windows 8 and 10 look horrible and I finally found a Princess Celestia Chrome theme with dark colors.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I have an Alienware laptop, and it has Windows 8 on it, but I wish it had Windows 7. I really really really hate 8, it sucks ass.

I use Chrome because of ad block, and it's just a better and easier to use browser overall.

I don't have a phone, but if I could have one I'd choose Android because Apple products are just bad products.

I'm forced to use an iPad because of school.

(My schools idea was to waste a lot of money on iPads when we needed more important things)

• Brohoof 1

I have a custom built gaming desktop that I've been using for a good 4-5 years now, recently upgraded to much higher specs. Haven't used a Laptop since the one I had as a school teenager nearly caught fire, (admittedly my fault, I left it sitting on my bed in a very hot room), but I haven't felt compelled to use one since. Just installed Windows 10 a few days ago and uhh... I'm not noticing any real difference between it and 7 yet. ^_^

As for browsers, Firefox continues to serve me well! I know plenty of people have claimed and even 'suggested' to my face that Chrome is just all around better, but I've honestly felt no reason to move away from Firefox. It still does everything I'd want out of a browser, and why fix what isn't broke?

And I own an iPhone. And my network never stops bothering me every few weeks about getting me to upgrade to the next iPhone that just came out.

Even when I say no.

Repeatedly. >_>

I wonder if any company here is gathering marketing knowledge about our computer/browser/OS/phone preferences.... hmm.

At any rate, recent Win 10 upgrader here! Gotta say I like it so far. Though I definitely miss the Aero look that Windows 7 had as a theme. Just like the guy above me, I have a custom built desktop whose parts I may consider slowly upgrading, since they're a few years old at this point. Firefox and Android, and Firefox on my Android. Good stuff all around.

I'm forced to use an iPad because of school. (My schools idea was to waste a lot of money on iPads when we needed more important things)

xD lol My school does that too. Well, at least it did last year, I don't know if they still do that since I'm homeschooled.

• Brohoof 1

xD lol My school does that too. Well, at least it did last year, I don't know if they still do that since I'm homeschooled.

Yeah, I just got it on Monday.

I hate Apple with a passion.

I wonder if any company here is gathering marketing knowledge about our computer/browser/OS/phone preferences.... hmm.

At any rate, recent Win 10 upgrader here! Gotta say I like it so far. Though I definitely miss the Aero look that Windows 7 had as a theme. Just like the guy above me, I have a custom built desktop whose parts I may consider slowly upgrading, since they're a few years old at this point. Firefox and Android, and Firefox on my Android. Good stuff all around.

I still have Windows 7 even though I honestly don't like the aero theme. It's why I prefer Windows XP because the design was just so simple. Though now security and support is completely gone for it so it wouldn't be worth it if I downgraded to Windows XP i guess. It's also why I change to a Windows 8 theme sometimes because it's simpler.

I use Windows 10 just for DirectX 12. Haven't used anything other than all of the windows OS's from 95 and on and I liked most of them, besides maybe Vista; and I've pretty much only used iOS 5-8.4 for smartphones. 

I wish Windows 10 could have an XP or Aero look to it though

I use Windows 10 just for DirectX 12. Haven't used anything other than all of the windows OS's from 95 and on and I liked most of them, besides maybe Vista; and I've pretty much only used iOS 5-8.4 for smartphones. 

I wish Windows 10 could have an XP or Aero look to it though

You can probably find a theme of XP or Windows 7 somewhere. I know there's one for Windows 7 but idk If it'll work on Win10

You can probably find a theme of XP or Windows 7 somewhere. I know there's one for Windows 7 but idk If it'll work on Win10

There was for 8.x, which I loved, but not yet for Windows 10. The most I can do is bring back the classic start menu, really

I have both desktop and laptop computers.

I use both Windows 7 and OS X 10.4.

Firefox or varient on all computers.

I use a BlackBerry Q5 with BlackBerry 10.3 for my phone, and because your poll doesn't include this option it won't let me cast my votes on any of the other ones. :P

Because none of those choices really work on me, (since I have a laptop and desktop,)

Laptop

2 Desktops

Windows 98

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Windows 7

Windows 8

Google Chrome

iPhone 3G (I know, I need to upgrade.)

Ha, 0.00% on IE. That's hilarious.  :lol:  :o

Because none of those choices really work on me, (since I have a laptop and desktop,)

Laptop

2 Desktops

Windows 98

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Windows 7

Windows 8

Google Chrome

iPhone 3G (I know, I need to upgrade.)

Ha, 0.00% on IE. That's hilarious.  :lol:  :o

2 Computers but 5 Operating Systems? How? o-o