Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Don't you think they're lacking a bit of green?

cider float

If you look at the mane six and the new addition to the team (Sunset Shimmer). There is no green in their mane or coat. The CMC is more bleh in their color choices.

Rainbow Dash has one green streak, but I see what you're getting at. I guess they thought green just doesn't sell.

• Brohoof 1

Because green is not a creative color

Eh, green only looks good on certain characters (ex: Tree Hugger). But I think all of the ponies have great designs.

Edited by PonyLaces

I seem to remember hearing that Toy companies generally think little girls don't like green as a color for character, hence almost no green ponies in season one.

That could be it.

Fun fact:  among the FiM chapter-books they're selling, green is the primary color Rainbow Dash's book.  Probably because she's the only one of them with any green on her anywhere.

• Brohoof 1

One reason that green is not present in a lot of character designs is that its most complimentary colour is red, and red and green together signal Christmas in western culture.

Obviously I don't want them to change now, but in the very beginning they could have integrated green into Fluttershy's design. I think it would be fitting because she's a bit of a hippie.

• Brohoof 2

I seem to remember hearing that Toy companies generally think little girls don't like green as a color for character, hence almost no green ponies in season one.

I've heard similar, specifically that Hasbro thinks that green pony figures don't sell and so don't allow green characters on the show. But then again, as pointed out, there's been a few green ponies scene, and Granny Smith is green so who knows.

I think they would hit green or shades of it on older to stallions or backgrounds given this is a show for young girls and young girls like bright colors that also captured the eyes and etc!   Also Queen Chrysalis has greens and shades of them also and is a QUEEN not a puny pony princess. 

I think they would hit green or shades of it on older to stallions or backgrounds given this is a show for young girls and young girls like bright colors that also captured the eyes and etc!   Also Queen Chrysalis has greens and shades of them also and is a QUEEN not a puny pony princess. 

Well yes, but she's also a villain, and it took hasbro forever to manufacture villain toys for the show. They seem to have wised up now about the target audience loving to buy toys of their villains though since the sirens, Midnight sparkle and Starlight glimmer seem set up from the get go to be turned into toys. (Still no sunset satan toy though, /sadface)

But then again, as pointed out, there's been a few green ponies scene, and Granny Smith is green so who knows.

And Granny Smith's colour scheme works really nice! Especially when combined with her orange shawl and the red bonnet! (Whenever I think of Granny Smith I picture the younger version of her for some reason...)