Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who here is a HUGE Sonic fan?

ashes

considering what the CEO said recently about wanting to be a brand again.

It's gonna be a hard challenge for them. Sonic Boom didn't go well and the whole Shining Force 3 fiasco on Youtube, which led to a boycott by famous gamechannels, led many believe that Sega willingly shot himself in the foot. I really hope they learned their lesson after the 42% stock decline. They have enough potential IP's for future games.

Edited by Limeblossom
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't call me "huge", but back in the 90'I have played all the 3 classic games on Sega Genesis a lot. Since didn't own a console after the original Playstation, I didn't play any of the modern games when they came out. Last year I have played on PC both Adventure titles and Generations, though I still have to beat the last one :P

Back in the 90's I have also watched both classic cartoons, and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was my favorite, which is curious since most people usually prefer the Saturday Morning one :D. Back then, I have also read a couple of issues of the comics by Archie, which I enjoyed.

I have started reading again the Archie comics a little over two years ago, and currently it is the only Sonic media I consistently follow. It has my favorite portrayal of the characters, head writer Ian Flynn is a big Sonic fan since the earliest days of the franchise and he is great with capturing the essence of the characters and merging the game "lore" (or lack thereof) into a consistent and compelling narrative :)

You're here too, Sunwalker? Cool! :D

• Brohoof 1

Ive played almost all the old Sonic Games, i had Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Sonic Gems Collection on my Ps 2 and then bought me Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed and so far i loved all of them.

The only Sonic game i disliked a little bit was Robotniks Mean Bean Machine, because it got to difficult for me.

I prefer Popoon or Pac Attack for Puzzle Games.

But as i said, i love almost all Sonic Games. I love 2D, i love 3D, all the Racing Spinoffs ( yes, Sonic R included, the music is awesome ! And it was cool to play as a Creepypasta Character in the game, wish Tails Doll would appear in other games to. ) and i like all the Spinoffs i played.

I have never watched any of the Shows though.

My Favorite game would be Shadow the Hedgehog, because i like the more serious Tone and Story.But i didnt understand the entire Story, because i never played the Sonic Adventure Games, so i didnt know where Shadow came from and what all happened before.

I do consider myself a fan, even if it went "boom" (it wasn't that bad of a show, the games were terrible). I've been a fan since Sonic 3, so consider me a part of those "whiny part of the fans"...anyway, we need to welcome more Sonic fans since Sonic Boom is getting popular on CN, they will come flooding soon :pinkie:

Hmm...sorta. I used to be a huge sonic fan, but then I slowly started to get into other franchises. It was still my favorite for a while, but then...Ace Attorney. Sonic is, unfortunately, my least favorite franchise now, but I still play some of it.

While I only played a few Sonic games, I still loved every second of them. I'd consider myself a Sonic fan, although I never really got into the fandom itself -- I heard that a lot of those people can be really annoying.

I've been a huge Sonic fan since I was little <3 I have a plush of knuckles, I have comic books, a bag and a few t-shirts.

I played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3 all the time when I was a kid. I also played Robotniks Mean Bean Machine with my cousins a lot. I've got a bunch of Sonic games over the years(I never get rid of them). I used to watch an episode of Sonic X (since I had the DVDs) in the morning before I'd go to school. I used to have a tradition in school where every winter break I would make sure and play Sonic Adventure 2. Not sure what started that but it's something I used to always do. I've written some fanfics and I attempted a couple of times to make my own oc.

I was a big fan of the archie comics, but after the big change in the comic story and the remove of some good characters who I really like, I lost the interest on the comics and on sonic (I was never a big Fan of the games). But I like Sonic fan art and a lot of sonic OCs. I also created an OC with the Sonic Doll Maker a few years ago when I was still a big fan. Link

I'm really a huge fan of Sonic. I've played the games since my childhood, beginning with the first Sonic on Megadrive of course. 

I like especially classic and adventure eras, when the games had a good storyline and took time to develop the characters. The classic era on Megadrive was absolutely great with its eclectic environments and good music. I could feel the atmosphere of each stage, where the world of Mobius took shape. 

Nowadays, since Shadow the Hedgehog, the games are... well, different. There is less character development and some gameplay ideas went terribly bad. Not mentioning the Dimps copies : Sonic Rush (the only one great for me, what a soundtrack!), Sonic Rush Adventure (okay, a sequel), Sonic Colors DS (okay, Sonic Rush in Sonic Colors...), Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (no, just no...).

But Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations went well at least. There is just no real story anymore...

I still consider Sonic and MLP as my two favorite universes. I'm more into MLP now, though. Sonic Boom was not as great as I expected after watching some episodes.

I think MLP and Sonic share what I like the most: interesting and well-developed characters, good music, good environments.

Sonic isn't developed anymore I think. There's even no more real games these days. (portages and mobile games aren't good at developing a story) 

My favorite characters are Twilight Sparkle and Tails, they are everywhere on my computer and my room.  

I even created a forum which is the first and unique French forum about Tails. This forum passed its 5th birthday last July. And we hope to continue with maybe a new era for our favorite two-tailed fox and his friends. :P

Edited by Floppy Snow

I'd consider myself one, although I used to be bigger fan until I started playing games like Freedom Planet and Undertale that I grew more fond of. Still, Sonic's still my second favorite gaming franchise behind Super Mario, and I like many of the games in the franchise. I'm mostly partial to the original Sega Genesis trilogy (2 of my favorite games of all time behind Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles), but I still like a lot of the 3D titles. Wasn't a fan of Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic 06 and Rise of Lyric and I haven't played stuff like Shadow the Hedgehog or Black Knight, but otherwise I really enjoyed Sonic Heroes, Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World (even though I've only played the 3DS version and have yet to play the Wii U/PC version). Heck, I even liked Sonic 3D Blast for that matter.

Actually, my viewpoints have changed on the franchise. There's only two or three games that I truly enjoy. That is, Sonic Unleashed HD and Sonic '06. The rest of them? I think they're way too easy. Sonic Unleashed HD is probably my favorite video game of all time, believe it or not. Sonic '06 is actually quite fun to play, despite the glitches and long loading times. Other than that, I think the franchise is basically... well, dead. :P

I used to be a big Sonic fan, but over the years I've slowly lost interest in the franchise. The last decent game in the franchise that came out was Generations. Since then we've had Sonic Lost World, which was mediocre and Sonic Boom which was utter trash. If the next game isn't somewhat decent then I'm going to quit on the franchise all together.

Edited by DarkNightmareLuna

I haven't been able to do much with Sonic stuff lately since I don't own a Wii-U. I'd prefer not to get the 3DS versions of Lost World and I need a Wii-U just to play Sonic Boom.

And I won't watch the show until I play the game knowing it takes place before the series started.

Basically, I was that kid on the playground that would go on an endless rant about how Sonic was better than Mario. :P

I used to love the franchise. I've played all of the classic Genesis games, but I kinda stopped keeping up with it after Sonic Adventure 2, about. Recently got myself a copy of Sonic Generations, tough, and been enjoying it quite a lot~