Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Them's Fightin' Herds

FayeHame

I already did, but people seem to be turning a blind eye to the big problems here. Sometimes taking off the fan goggles and looking at things from a different viewpoint is helpful. I'm sorry if I am coming off as "negative", but I am not going to just say "oh yeah it's all 100% good fine and dandy!" when I see huge jarring problems even if they are unpopular observations. I could have sworn this community built itself on tolerance, but it seems that is only true when the opinions expressed are the popular ones.

I'm sorry if I feel that if I basically do what the publisher does for a developer that I deserve to get a cut of the millions that publishers make.

To be fair to the mane 6, that's not an inherit problem with them but rather with how the system with kickstarter type fund me's work. As you mentioned, they're now under obligation to complete a working and good product because not only will the general gaming public tear them a new one, but even many of it's supporters will start criticizing them and turn on them if it's a bad game. This can be a huge make it or break it for them in achieving suitable gaming careers for it if it flops due to their inferior skills, don't expect the mane 6 to last long as a viable business group.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

We shall see how the game is doing it after the release. My expectation is around descent and good.

This can be a huge make it or break it for them in achieving suitable gaming careers for it if it flops due to their inferior skills, don't expect the mane 6 to last long as a viable business group.

So... do you think the developers could find a new job in the gaming industry? It's a harsh sector.

Would the game soon be available on GOG.com too?

• Brohoof 1

We shall see how the game is doing it after the release. My expectation is around descent and good.

So... do you think the developers could find a new job in the gaming industry? It's a harsh sector.

Would the game soon be available on GOG.com too?

Maybe in some fill in job individually, but the business group Mane 6 itself won't last long if Them's Fighting Herds doesn't do well.

Skullgirls isn't on GOG, though that maybe an individual choice by Lab Zero, so I don't think the game will be on there unless it's extremely successful and the demand for it is high enough.

Maybe in some fill in job individually, but the business group Mane 6 itself won't last long if Them's Fighting Herds doesn't do well.

Let's hope that the game sells good.

Skullgirls isn't on GOG, though that maybe an individual choice by Lab Zero, so I don't think the game will be on there unless it's extremely successful and the demand for it is high enough.

Users of GOG.com could start a petition on the site and vote for the game to be on GOG.com. It worked for TES, Doom and Fallout.

• Brohoof 1

Let's hope that the game sells good.

Users of GOG.com could start a petition on the site and vote for the game to be on GOG.com. It worked for TES, Doom and Fallout.

Agreed.

Aye, but that would still depend upon the publisher of the games to agree with CDprojektred's decision to request their games be on there. You're right that if it gets popular enough, CD may ask Mane 6 for a sale of their game on their site.

Edited by Nuke87654

Aye, but that would still depend upon the publisher of the games to agree with CDprojektred's decision to request their games be on there. You're right that if it gets popular enough, CD may ask Mane 6 for a sale of their game on their site.

I think it will be on GOG one day. If gathered enough users to vote for it.

And because I like the way of GOG's traditional PC market as: buy it --> install it --> play it without DRM bullshit. That's how I want PC gaming.

• Brohoof 1

I think it will be on GOG one day. If gathered enough users to vote for it.

And because I like the way of GOG's traditional PC market as: buy it --> install it --> play it without DRM bullshit. That's how I want PC gaming.

I'm of the same mindset as well in regards to how GOG does without DRM. I hope also that TFH would be successful as well.

• Brohoof 2

I'm of the same mindset as well in regards to how GOG does without DRM. I hope also that TFH would be successful as well.

We should start a GOG and DRM-free games topic for us and other like-minded users ;).

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2015 at 11:07 PM, FayeHame said:

Have you heard of this game ? Lauren faust is doing the design

I followed the development of Fighting is Magic very closely until Hasbro C&D's it, and then when I heard Lauren Faust out of sympathy decided to help, made it feel so much more forced somewhat. The design was not appealing to me, and most redesigns was just art replacements. Then they started asking for money to buy the rights to use another engine, which i thought was just too much, and I didn't care anymore.

Them: Look at our game! It has ponies fighting!

Me: Cool! And they got all the Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat style rules in there!

Them: Hasbro shut us down. Feel sorry for us!

Me: Aww! I am super sad now! This was the biggest Brony thing going on! Why Hasbro, why!!??!?

Them: Lauren Faust felt sad for us, so we got her to do all the character designs for us!

Me: Really? Lauren Faust would do that? Oh, she left the main show? Now the main show will be bad!

Them: We want to use this guy's game engine that he is willing to sell to us for a high price. Donate money to us!!!

Me: Your previous engine is fine, the game looked good! There is nothing more than one single person trying to get money from you! Don't fall for that!

Them: It has been years since anyone cared for this game, we are deciding to release it now, on Steam. Hurry!

Me: The game is just the same as it was when 3 years ago. Why release it now?

Them: We are still working on the game now...

Me: ????

Yes, doing a game like this is difficult. But it had its time in 2013. Many people including myself played it in its Pony version, when it was leaked. It was awesome!
Then they asked too much out of their fans. Making one guy rich in the process. If that guy that sold the engine was a real brony, he would have given the engine for free.

So is the game good? I don't know, but from the videos I have seen, it looks like the same as I played in 2013-2014, the leaked original engine game, which had real ponies in it.

• 2 months later...

I started playin the the story mode. Argh the game controls are so hard, it's quite a pain gettin the timing just right. 

I guess it was not meant to be played with a keyboard. I don't own a controller though other than a nintendo switch but the joy cons are too hard to set up. It would be fun to play this game on a switch though.

I love the game art though all these different hooved animals.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, flurry said:

I guess it was not meant to be played with a keyboard.

I don't seem to have much trouble with it, and stuff I hear from the Steam forums makes it sound that it might actually be easier than with a controller due to an absence of crazy circles and pretzel inputs and so on. That said... the AI is really wonky, with blocking and reaction times being all over the place, so I wouldn't judge your skill by playing against the computer.

That said, a lot of inputs do depend on quick, precise presses, so the mantra of practice, practice, practice applies here quite heavily. I've been playing for a while and only now am I starting to climb out of the buttonmashing pit.

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Quinch said:

I don't seem to have much trouble with it, and stuff I hear from the Steam forums makes it sound that it might actually be easier than with a controller due to an absence of crazy circles and pretzel inputs and so on. That said... the AI is really wonky, with blocking and reaction times being all over the place, so I wouldn't judge your skill by playing against the computer.

That said, a lot of inputs do depend on quick, precise presses, so the mantra of practice, practice, practice applies here quite heavily. I've been playing for a while and only now am I starting to climb out of the buttonmashing pit.

Maybe you have a better keyboard lol mine is a ultrabook keyboard not that it is that hard to press down the keys I think it's easy enough, though sometimes the keys get stuck a bit too much, it's like a millisecond affects the whole thing. But yea a lot of timing maybe they should start of the difficulity a bit lower in building up cuz too much lol I often do get it right after a while but like it feels a little irritating rather than wow I did it.

I woulda thought that a good controller would help so I guess not, those sound like really strange controls lol 

Well I'm kinda relieved to hear as a lot of steam games out there that work better with a controller.

Edited by flurry

5 hours ago, flurry said:

Argh the game controls are so hard, it's quite a pain gettin the timing just right.

Yea, fighting games of this type are best played with 8-way arcade sticks. Hori or Sanwa brands are the best..... LOL Why do I know this?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Yea, fighting games of this type are best played with 8-way arcade sticks. Hori or Sanwa brands are the best..... LOL Why do I know this?

Must have played a lot of fightin games? Lol

I don't think I have played on arcade sticks like that b4 myself sounds fun though 

9 hours ago, flurry said:

I woulda thought that a good controller would help so I guess not, those sound like really strange controls lol 

Yeah, some fighting games makes you do some ridiculous calisthenics to pull off special moves. TFH tends to be a lot more straightforward.

That said, laptop keyboard... yowch. Getting a basic controller of some sort might be a good idea after all, and it would probably be a lot more practical than a separate keyboard.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

On 2015-10-16 at 1:34 PM, Guest said:

What do you mean the funding it's getting? It's struggling to meet its goals. Even the Homestuck video game was able to quadruple its goal within the first few days. This game is struggling to meet it while we approach the final week.

On 2015-10-16 at 12:50 PM, Mesme Rize said:

Again, all speculation.

I might be wrong. But i honestly don't see it becoming a huge success.

I love looking back at this stuff from 6 years ago and seeing how wrong everyone was that the game was going to flop.

And now we have over 8000 people in the official Discord server for the game! :3