Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seagulls are dangerous birds

Finia

They might seem harmless. But thats because you haven't seen their bad side. Basically they are greedy, and can be aggressive if they have a chance to it. I believe they can soar over you if you are at their territory, usually they make a living by nesting in a city and picking out garbage to eat and if people drop food they soar down with greedy aggressive behavior. Although this might just seem to be an attitude thing. Well... if you happen to be around the city when the eggs are hatched, they will likely fly down, flax over and scream at you if you happen to be around a place where the chicks might walk.

I mean i can't think of any type of birds i dislike other than the seagull. Another type of birds i like better are crows, they are intelligent and much better bird species than seagulls.

But i just want to hear your opinion on it?

• Brohoof 2

While I don't share your dislike of seagulls I can sympathize with you.  You are not the only one with an irrational fear/hate of birds.  I myself have a longstanding grudge against these:

canada_goose_1.jpg

I work outdoors in an area where dozens of these vile beasts dwell.  Worse still, there is a flock of them living in the lot next to my home.  So there is no escape for me from their constant honking.  I can't take more than a few steps before happening upon the foul excrement they create after devouring all of the grass seeds in the area.  They become extremely aggressive during the mating season and will physically attack you should you venture too close to their nests or hatchlings.  

To me, geese are a pestilence on par with a Biblical plague.  I hate them with the fiery passion of Celestia's blazing sun.

Edited by J. Brony
  • Brohoof 7

Birds are essentially dinosaurs, so of course they often have attitude. Here on the Plane of Fire we have magpies who are infamous for their swooping habits. People have lost eyes to those buggers.

And then there's the cassowary. Flightless bird a bit smaller than an emu or ostrich, but a whole lot meaner. They've actually killed people in the past. Charge, jump, and disembowel you with their talons. Zookeepers take riot shields with them inside the pens. They're like modern day velociraptors.

• Brohoof 1

Crows are awesome, but they hold a damn large grudge. If you tick off a crow it WILL remember you for the rest of its life. They can even somehow communicate with other crows what you look like, so they'll never forget you either. They can even pass it on to their children, who can pass it on to their children and so on.

Look it up if you don't believe me. If you piss off a crow, you're pretty much doomed to an eternity of crow attacks.

• Brohoof 2

Seagulls are actually evolving to become lazy. some seagulls have learnt that humans at coast towns give more food faster than them actually fishing so lurk waiting for the occasion dropped chip. The fact that they're started eating processed foods like crisps and chips and bread isn't a good sign lol

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Crows are awesome, but they hold a damn large grudge. If you tick off a crow it WILL remember you for the rest of its life. They can even somehow communicate with other crows what you look like, so they'll never forget you either. They can even pass it on to their children, who can pass it on to their children and so on.

Look it up if you don't believe me. If you piss off a crow, you're pretty much doomed to an eternity of crow attacks.

I am ok with that. I would never harm a crow ^^, crows are so cool. I remember that part in "Clock Tower 1995" game, where a bunch of crow came to attack Mrs.Mary (I wont say the reason why since its very brutal), so i searched it up and was surprised that crows can remember you and tell that to the other crow community to attack you if they see you, i wonder if they will be tricked if you wear a mask. But still interesting. Although i've heard dogs also have this ability, not sure if they can tell other dogs, but it will remember you if you have been mean to it or something, even though i generally am scared of dogs. It is interesting how clever some animals can be.

Edited by Finia

Birds tend to make loud noises when they fly off and I usually don't expect it. Always startles me. 

Also seems like the thing they do best is crap on your car right after you wash it :unamused:

Well at least seagulls aren't pigeons.

Wait.... whats wrong with pigeons. All they do is bop their heads back and forth and just making those "crruuu" sounds, almost purring like a cat. Shitting on the streets is a low price to pay in comparison to an aggressive seagull in my view :)

I live by the seaside, and I've seen seagulls drag food out of peoples hands at times. But overall they're not too bad. They're far from nice, but you just have to be careful with your food

They might seem harmless. But thats because you haven't seen their bad side. Basically they are greedy, and can be aggressive if they have a chance to it. I believe they can soar over you if you are at their territory, usually they make a living by nesting in a city and picking out garbage to eat and if people drop food they soar down with greedy aggressive behavior. Although this might just seem to be an attitude thing. Well... if you happen to be around the city when the eggs are hatched, they will likely fly down, flax over and scream at you if you happen to be around a place where the chicks might walk.

I mean i can't think of any type of birds i dislike other than the seagull. Another type of birds i like better are crows, they are intelligent and much better bird species than seagulls.

But i just want to hear your opinion on it?

Yes. I agree with you, don't feed Seagulls or Pigeons, it can make them very angry(well greedy). But I still like Seagulls, they make going to the beach feel familiar. Even if they aren't the most beautiful animal in the world. 

What happens when you feed a seagull. 

They want your fish and chips and go ''Mine? Mine? Mine, Mine, Mine!''.

• Brohoof 1

This is unfortunately true, seagulls can have a very aggressive side and have been known to attack and kill small pets. Never feed the seagulls and always keep your rubbish in a hard, impenetrable bin.

Edited by Biggybrony

Yes. I agree with you, don't feed Seagulls or Pigeons, it can make them very angry(well greedy). But I still like Seagulls, they make going to the beach feel familiar. Even if they aren't the most beautiful animal in the world. 

What happens when you feed a seagull. 

They want your fish and chips and go ''Mine? Mine? Mine, Mine, Mine!''.

That video right there... Perfect summary. This is basically what i see everytime i see those birds. I mean sometimes they just stand on top of their guardposts aka "Street lights" You can basically use the "MINE MINE" quote when another gull tries to retain its spot from another bird that stands on there. If they spots someone dropping food in the animal park or wherever, they will shriek to tell off the other birds that its theirs. They really go MINE MINE MINE. "

The way the movie clip portrays it is so spot on :dash:

That video right there... Perfect summary. This is basically what i see everytime i see those birds. I mean sometimes they just stand on top of their guardposts aka "Street lights" You can basically use the "MINE MINE" quote when another gull tries to retain its spot from another bird that stands on there. If they spots someone dropping food in the animal park or wherever, they will shriek to tell off the other birds that its theirs. They really go MINE MINE MINE. "

The way the movie clip portrays it is so spot on :dash:

Those are the only kinds of birds I like lol.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...