Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most sinister Villain so far? (and then who's the best iyo)

Silver Stream.

Best Villain  

58 users have voted

1. 1. Who's the most sinister villain in your opinion?

• Chrysalis
    • Sombra
    • Discord
    • Babs
    • Trixie
    • The Sirens (Adagio, Sonata, and Aria)
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Tirek
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Flim Flam Brothers
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Principal Cinch
    • Teenage Dragons
    • Nightmare Moon
    • Midnight Sparkle

he STILL almost won!

Sombra is kinda like Arthas Menethil (The Lichking) in World of Warcraft. He came closest to winning out of all the other evil doers in Azeroth. That guy was also quite sinister (I also like to compare Arthas' story with comic book Sombra's (Fiendship is magic) however, let us not get into discussion about that  :please:, just my opinion). 

I would also like to add to the topic, that Tirek was also quite awesome and would take the second place, right after Sombra, as best villain for me :3. 

• Brohoof 1

Sombra is kinda like Arthas Menethil (The Lichking) in World of Warcraft. He came closest to winning out of all the other evil doers in Azeroth. That guy was also quite sinister (I also like to compare Arthas' story with comic book Sombra's (Fiendship is magic) however, let us not get into discussion about that  :please:, just my opinion). 

I would also like to add to the topic, that Tirek was also quite awesome and would take the second place, right after Sombra, as best villain for me :3.

What I appreciate about Tirek is the fact that he's the only villain that screwed the spirit of chaos and completed his mission to drain all magic from the ponies of Equestria. But he is still way too much of a cliche for me to actually work with. I liked him.better when he was weaker....he seemed like a way more interesting character then. When he gained a lot of power, he grew predictable and lost that villainous vibe which was replaced with a "I'm a bug bully with a plan to destroy everything".

I don't even see what he would gain had he destroyed the land. When he succeeded in getting all the magic, he went to blasting away like any other simple Godzilla creature. I don't....to me he just lost his mojo. But that's me. Tirek is still ranked high on my list regardless.

The most sinister villain? There have been a few truly evil ones, but most just wanted power. Chrysalis wants power AND sees ponies as nothing more than food. So she gets my vote.

Best villain? Chrysalis again. Hail to the Queen, baby!

My vote on the most sinister villain goes towards Sombra. He not only enslaved a nation, but also prepared traps and hidden passages that required outside (unicorn) help, so that his subjets couldn't free themselves in a million years. On top of that, he survived the fight against both royal sisters and, as a last resort, zapped the whole city out of the face of the earth, in order for it to reappear once he's more or less ready to make a comeback. Not bad, I'd say.

Principal Cinch wins on best voiceover. (Muh reputation!)

Also, the poll is missing the most vile, deranged and outright evil being of all of Equestria, disguised in a cute and cuddly form - the dreaded Angel Bunny! (lightning strikes for dramatic effect)

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I even like about Tirek was how he was able to manipulate Discord into helping him grow powerful.

Discord....the spirit of chaos and all things bad and misleading...was tricked. He is the master of manipulation and corrupted the mane 6 in style. Pretty impressive that Tirek was the one to give him the taste of his own medicine.

I'm still not convinced that all of this wasn't part of Discord's plan all along.

It seems like Discord was deliberately guiding Twilight in the direction of the keys she needed to unlock the magic box thingy.  He marked all of the pages in her journal detailing the lessons her friends had learned as if he was saying "Here's a clue that you'll need later if you want to defeat Tirek."  And, in the end, it was Discord himself who provided Twilight with her own key, thus allowing her to earn her new Super Saiyan rainbow powers, defeat Tirek and spawn a whole new line of variant toys all in one fell swoop.

So yeah, I think Tirek was the one being manipulated, not Discord.  

I'm still not convinced that all of this wasn't part of Discord's plan all along.

It seems like Discord was deliberately guiding Twilight in the direction of the keys she needed to unlock the magic box thingy.  He marked all of the pages in her journal detailing the lessons her friends had learned as if he was saying "Here's a clue that you'll need later if you want to defeat Tirek."  And, in the end, it was Discord himself who provided Twilight with her own key, thus allowing her to earn her new Super Saiyan rainbow powers, defeat Tirek and spawn a whole new line of variant toys all in one fell swoop.

So yeah, I think Tirek was the one being manipulated, not Discord.

In a sense, you could say that, but I don't think Discord deliberately planned everything. He is a character who DOES think ahead yes, but throughout that episode he kept changing. He was the one who pointed her to the clue of opening the box, but that was before he decided to switch allegience.

He did refrain from telling Tirek about Twilight because he was unsure, but after an empty promise from Tirek, he spilled the beans without hesitation.

Discord was conflicted throughout this entire episode making Tirek a true manipulater. Discord was well aware of the choice he made and knew the risks, but in the end...he helped Tirek far enough for him to accomplish his goals. You could see the pain in his expressions when he was betrayed by Tirek because he truly did not see it coming even if he was cautious about that happening from the very beginning

Honestly... Of all the villains up on the list. Nightmare Moon terrifies me the most. Notably because of her ability to manipulate everything... She was an evil deity that has the power to entomb Celestia. Not just rupture her horn like Chrysalis. Imagine all the hatred for her sister during her time on the moon to drive her to combat training. My runner-up would be Tirek by a hair. Because strength comes in numbers... In that battle, I believe Nightmare Moon would manipulate the local townsponies to distract Tirek, then eventually go in for the kill. :)

Edited by CinnamonPop

Honestly... Of all the villains up on the list. Nightmare Moon terrifies me the most. Notably because of her ability to manipulate everything... She was an evil deity that has the power to entomb Celestia. Not just rupture her horn like Chrysalis. Imagine all the hatred for her sister during her time on the moon to drive her to combat training. My runner-up would be Tirek by a hair. Because strength comes in numbers... In that battle, I believe Nightmare Moon would manipulate the local townsponies to distract Tirek, then eventually go in for the kill. :)

I feel as though Nightmare Moon was given too many disadvantages. She was downplayed when it comes to her execution as a villain, and literally the very first villain of the series on the first two episodes. And it's common the first isn't always the best.....sometimes they are....but most of the time they are not. And the fact that the first two episodes weren't even that good, it messed up her spotlight. 

But Nightmare Moon's eternal night would have been more deadly than people realize. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, the mane 6 could defeat him with the elements of harmony, but isn't it amusing how NO ONE wanted to take the chance? As if they were sure it was possible the elements wouldn't work because he's that much of a threat.

I'm sure the Elements would've worked; it's just that:

1. They most likely would've just banished him again, and his curse on the Empire =/= that being a good idea.

2. For the Empire, the Elements simply weren't as practical as the Heart.

I would have to say Sombra and Chrysalis/Changlings are the most sinister "fantasy" villains of the show.

Realistically though, Starlight Glimmer is the most sinister in my book. As of this post, she's still on the loose and has been shown following and spying on Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6.

Cults, Dictatorships, and brainwashing NEVER work out good in the real world. Nazis, ISIS, North Korea, and The KKK are some of the worst I can think of at the moment.

Starlight Glimmer clearly doesn't have good intentions based on how fast she came unhinged when the Mane 6 toppled her guise. The part that made her more creepy is how she was pretending to believe her own B.S.- wolf in sheep's clothing/ hiding in plain sight. In fact, she reminds me a little of Gus from Breaking Bad- being a sponsoring "FRIEND" of the DEA! He's one of the most unsettling TV villains.  If you've seen Breaking Bad I'm sure you get me.

post-24370-0-74165200-1446656479_thumb.jpg

We still don't know Starlight's true intentions. (up to the point of the "What About Discord" episode)

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I said Sombra mostly because of all the alternate realities in the season 5 finale, that one was the coolest! ^^

I didn't realize how old this thread was... It seemed up-to-date!