Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hate?

Ghosty13

people aged 30 love pokemon, lots of people like different things why are bronys any different?

Pokémon is generally a unisex game meaning it's stereotypically OK for anyone to play it. Mlp was originally created as a show for girls but has attracted a male audience and Hasbro have learned this. There for the reason its different is when it was created it was a young girls show so yeah...
  • Brohoof 2

@@Ghosty13

Just letting you know I moved this to Sugarcube Corner as it dealt with the Brony fandom exclusively. :)

And just a friendly reminder to all: please keep this civil and be respectful to others in regards to opinions on the fandom.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 4

@@Ghosty13

Just letting you know I moved this to Sugarcube Corner as it dealt with the Brony fandom exclusively. :)

And just a friendly reminder to all: please keep this civil and be respectful to others in regards to opinions on the fandom.

Thanks. :)

Sorry if I did anything wrong.

• Brohoof 2

Every time you make a thread or acknowledge that the hate your group receives, it encourages people to hate more because they know they are getting a reaction. It also annoys other people in the group because some of us get tired of listening to people complain about how much hate your fandom gets.

I for one am more annoyed by how many bronies complain about the hate than the hate itself. The hate really isn't as big a deal as some people make it out to be. When people are actively killing bronies out of hatred on a regular basis, I'll worry.

Edited by Guest

Sorry if I did anything wrong.

You did nothing wrong; that was put there for future reference. :)

• Brohoof 2

people aged 30 love pokemon, lots of people like different things why are bronys any different? 

Does the Pokemon fandom overwhelmingly sexualize the Pokemon, and defend and tolerate those who sexualize them? Does the Pokemon fandom, furthermore, regularly defend everything from pedophilia to incest?

No joke, I saw a couple people in the EQD comments criticizing a brony for actual pedophilia, and they got a load of comments saying stuff like "Shame on you for judging him." One guy asked for proof, and the moment proof was supplied of the guy actually being a pedo, the person asking for proof immediately started saying "Eh, live and let live". And an actual comment I saw on EQD a couple weeks ago said something like "There's nothing wrong with incest. Anyone who says otherwise is just looking for something to hate on, which is sadly human nature." - and sadly that was far from the first time I've seen incest being defended.

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 3

It has to do with stereotypes and gender roles.

According to the "rules" of society, Men are supposed to be, for the most part, beer guzzling, gun shooting, American flag waving, wife beating, stone-heart'd, and negative towards anything labeled as "feminine" or "girly."

Don't let their narrow-minded so-called "words of wisdom" get to you. They're only mad at us because we're being ourselves.

• Brohoof 2

Does the Pokemon fandom overwhelmingly sexualize the Pokemon, and defend and tolerate those who sexualize them? Does the Pokemon fandom, furthermore, regularly defend everything from pedophilia to incest?

No joke, I saw a couple people in the EQD comments criticizing a brony for actual pedophilia, and they got a load of comments saying stuff like "Shame on you for judging him." One guy asked for proof, and the moment proof was supplied of the guy actually being a pedo, the person asking for proof immediately started saying "Eh, live and let live". And an actual comment I saw on EQD a couple weeks ago said something like "There's nothing wrong with incest. Anyone who says otherwise is just looking for something to hate on, which is sadly human nature." - and sadly that was far from the first time I've seen incest being defended.

While I mostly agree on you here, there is one thing I'll say about the sexualizing Pokemon thing: Gardevaur and Lucario get overly sexualized a lot.
  • Brohoof 2

It's because they stand from a biased outside perspective which is filled with society standards and gender roles.

Let's put it this way. Say you never got into my little pony the show sucked nobody like it. But then the equally bad show Dora The Explorer gets popular with adults.

wouldn't you find it a little bit strange?

once you watch a show like this and enjoy it you leave the bias behind. But if you had never like the show. Never like a child's show at all. and you saw people liking Dora The Explorer. I bet your first thought would be "What? you've got be kidding me? What a bunch of weirdos" 

people will accept us eventually as soon as the hate and bias goes away. but for now this something we have to deal with.

Edited by Coder-MP
  • Brohoof 1

I have an idea, how about you ask people who hate bronies why they hate bronies instead of asking bronies why they're hated. The only replies you're going to get is "It's because of sexism" or something equally stupid. 

And annoying half of the site because you're basically asking the wrong people who can do nothing to solve the problem.

This has probably been given input by nearly everyone on the internet by this point so my input won't really matter here but it is a simple fact that we, bronies, a majority adult male fanbase, we like a show that is based on a franchise that has typically been marketed towards young girls. We go against a pretty deep societal status quo, we challenge the 'norm', and people online just want something to hate and be horrible towards, why not the massive group of guy that love a cartoon about magical horses? Sure, let's go with that. "Let's hate on those people because they go against what has been firmly drilled into my mind my whole life, just like 'girls should only like pink and boys should like blue and blah blah'" That sorta stuff. 

• Brohoof 3

Why is there so much hate on the internet towards bronys 

It's like if you don't like us ignore us so much hate. :(

Numerous reasons for the world at large, such as people trying to force the show on others to simple closemindedness. The only thing I know for sure is why it's hated on 4chan. When the pony threads on /co/ started, everyone was cool with it. Fun cartoon, not for everyone, ok. Then it started to spread. You couldn't have a thread on /co/ without ponies being brought up. It got to a point where half the threads were pony threads, making it difficult to discuss anything else. So pony was banned from /co/. They then moved to /b/ where they were welcomed with open arms... for a time. The same thing started to happen to /b/ as well. The rage overwhelmed the mods and the admin Moot, and they were forced to ban pony from 4chan completely for a short time. Later on, /mlp/ was created, along with an apoligy from Moot. Pic related.

post-35992-0-88342400-1445362502_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I used to dislike bronies before I became one, and it was primarily out of ignorance.

However, I don't think brony hate is that severe as I haven't really been exposed to it that much. Sure, there's haters out there, but there's haters for every community and I don't really feel like it's any worse here than in other fandoms. I do have some hate I've been exposed to with my sister, and I know my brother would flay me if he knew, but that's pretty much because they're a couple of cynics and they enjoy criticizing absolutely everything.

If you're being exposed to hate or you're being ridiculed, my best advice is to shrug it off and ignore it if you can. As with most things, it's only as serious as you make it out to be. :)

• Brohoof 2

Why is there so much hate on the internet towards bronys 

It's like if you don't like us ignore us so much hate. :(

99% of them are trolls and think we are a fun group to mess with. "the more you know!"

Edited by Zach
  • Brohoof 2