Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash's Death

Silverbolt

I definitely agree it would be a good emotional scene. I do love moments where good characters go down fighting a villain. It can be very effective and memorable when done properly. But, yeah, we are dealing with a show for children here. No matter how outside the demographic the show reaches, it is still a show for kids. Let's not forget that. Haha. It certainly be a bold move. I mean, considered RD is one of the main cast and also one of the keys to the Elements of Harmony actually being able to work, it would really throw a wrench into the whole show. I guess it would just be tricky to work around. Hmm...maybe if there was some other way Rainbow Dash could be removed the show. Not killed, obviously, but something that causes her to be disconnected from the other main characters in some way for a certain number of episodes. That might make for an interesting story arc.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

IMO the best emotional scene a brony could ask for is the mane 6 forced to move on and live a life of their own..

I was looking at some pics today and I saw pics of the mane 6 alone in beautiful scenery and a few of them even had a grown up spike in the background, then it came to me.

"How bad would you cry if the mane 6 moved on and got lives of their own somewhere else?"

As for a death of RD? NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE I couldn't even imagine..It would be a death to go down in history buy I can't let that happen do Dashie :/

Edited by OdinForced

No that would be to sad. During the season two finally I wish they had made it so princess cadence and shining armor had to sacrifice their lives to save canterlot though that would have made for a very cool scene.

Dash dies trying to save the others from Discord, Pinkie ends up joining Discord out of similar interests, plus he finds a way to permanently corrupt her into Pinkamena, leaving the last four to deal with Discord, the imperfect elements of harmony. Discord wins. The end of ML:FiM.

Nope. Dashie is immortal and too awesome to ever grow old or die./

/thread

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Uhm. No. Maybe. Kinda. See my reply to "WhiteLightning"'s post.

First off, murder/death has actually been done on kids and movies shows before, it's not always considered violent or inappropriate.

Also, if a character would die on MLP (it doesn't HAVE to be Rainbow Dash), it could actually make for some good and profitable television. So... sorry, but i'll have to disagree with everyone here

I would only kill one off if a voice actress leaves... :P

Or is unable to work anymore for health reasons...

If a voice actress dies, then killing off their character would be apporpriate, kinda. Only problem is Twilight and Rarity are the only ones with their own voice actresses. Darn, I don't know if I could watch the show if Twili was gone though, on the other hoof. So I guess not.

I did have a super-emotional dream once, though, where Rarity died. I described it near the beginning of the OP http://mlpforums.com...do-haters-hate/

No, of course not, but the show has shown plenty of times already that Twilight and her friends aren't perfect or anything. They have conflict, they make mistakes, they usually learn lessons from their mistakes and have shown growth as characters. As far as I'm concerned, the show's not too "bubbly" so to speak. Now, if they wanted to do something family-friendly that still was very emotional, I could see one of the mane 6 heading off somewhere away from the whole group (i.e. Rainbow Dash joins the Wonderbolts), although I still doubt that'll happen. We have to keep in mind, no matter how many bronies there are who love this show, and no matter how many fun little jokes/easter eggs there are in the show aimed at older viewers, the demographic that the show is aimed at first and foremost is younger kids, and as such, it most likely won't realistically get too dark or emotional. But ya know, that's alright with me; I watch enough movies/shows and play enough video games that are dark/serious, so it's nice to watch a show that's just so happy and fun and full of energy and life, sort of a breath of fresh air, ya know? :)

True, but by being this wonderful optimistic show, you really get attached to the characters so when these things happen they're really emotional.

Ever play Zelda: Twilight Princess? There's this part where your companion-creature thing, Midna, is almost killed. There are Twilight realms in the game, where your character becomes a wolf, and in this part she's lingering on the edge of death from an injury while you ride her to help going through these open expanses full of demons and such.

It was a great emotional part, it would be really awesome if the show had something like that...

I got scared when I thought celestia had died for a few minutes. RD dying would be pretty heart wrenching. But yeah It's a kids show so no they shouldnt do it.

When I saw that, I was like:

"Not Mufasa all over again! :o "

But I kinda knew she'd live. I dunno why :P

Undeniably, Unquestionably, Unstoppable

Kill Rainbow Dash? It is to laugh. She can do this for fun...

post-2150-0-30216400-1335337203.jpg

And this only slows her down long enough to pull her eyes back out, through a tree...

post-2150-0-94294200-1335339029.jpg

And it would probably be better not to think too much about where Starscream's spark is right about now...

The idea of Discord somehow killing Rainbow Dash is an amusing thought, but he would probably have better luck trying to kill a vampire with a swizzle stick, because no matter how cool he may think he is, Rainbow Dash will always be about 20% cooler.

Rainbow Dash almost got killed by a dragon in "Dragonshy". In fact, she would have, if it weren't for Fluttershy.

Well, dying goes a bit too far. How about a sort of eternal sleep spell? Like, I don't know, RD gets this spell casted over her, and they can't find a cure for it, but in the next episode, they find it. Or something. I'm not much of a storywriter.

And they THINK she's dead! :D

YES! THIS IS IT! This is how she dies without actually dying!

We can have the injury fighting some powerful villain, where RD defeated her, but was terribly injured in the process. They're carrying her back to Canterlot tower where they can try to heal her but she's so very weak and fading... She tries to mutter something, but can't speak loud enough.

"Hang in there Rainbow Dash..."

Long epic scene of rushing back and fighting monsters along the way, and finally, they arrive in the refuge of Canterlot tower, and set her down, and she lies with her back propped up against the wall.

Rarity magically takes off her dress, and pulls it apart, turning it into a blanket that she tucks Rainbow under. Twilight comes back around the corner with water, and gives RD a small sip, and starts trying to heal her injuries.

Dashie starts talking, opening up her heart in a soft, fading voice as tears come down her cheeks. How greatful she is to have lived with such great friends, how she loves them, "Don't talk like that Rainbow, you'll be okay!" Twilight yells, but Rainbow keeps going. "...you guys are so awesome..." she says with a weak smile, and dimming eyes. She thanks them for giving her a wonderful life, then she tells them goodbye...

"Don't you dare do this to us, Rainbow Dash!" Twilight yells, trying harder to heal her.

"No, Dashie... Noo!" Pinkie Pie yells

"Goodbye, RD." Applejack nuzzles her one last time, while Twilight finally gives up hope on saving her, and bursts into tears with Rarity.

Fluttershy runs off crying...

Rainbow Dash is silent...

Celestia walks in... "My Little Ponies..." She says. "Your healing spells, and the warmth of your friendship, have been enough." They all look at her, confused. Celestia lays her horn on RD's shoulder.

"This is only a sleep spell..." she says. And in a flash of light, RD opens her eyes slowly.

And they all hug her.

The end.

(except imagine RD is sitting against the wall in Canterlot Tower in this picture :P )

Posted Image

And we had our extremely sad, emotional scene, but it still ends happy :D

It'd be too sad, first off, for a kids show. Second, they'd need a replacement (which wouldn't work because I don't think any fan would accept a replacement for any of the mane 6), who would be the new rainbow dash? Also, why is it always rainbow dash getting killed? (shed.mov, cupcakes)

Replacement found! In Canon!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=loselNOFpMg&feature=related

And Spike's comments even make sense if you consider he thinks Zombies might be possible :P

Yeah, really, every time I see a picture of scared or disgruntled Rainbow Dash somewhere I think: "She's discovered fanfics."

RD: "Why do I keep dying in everpony's fanfics!?... Not. cool."

I think it's 'cause RD is so adorable and full of life, her death seems the most tragic. I mean, my fave is Twilight, but I have to admit RD is the most full of life and joyful at living.

She's kinda like my cat, Will... So adorable, and full of life, I'm totally willing to forgive the occasional meanness, lol.

[...]

And I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I read somewhere that Discord IS in fact coming back in season three. :')

Semi-confirmed. John De Lancie accidently let it slip that he did some voice work for season 3. Either another character will get his voice, or Discord will return.

Edited by EASA - Matt
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@ EASA - Matt ... 0_o a little bit dramatic for Friendship is Magic, don't you think?

Edited by Guile

If my Dash dies... heh.. I'll put it lightly. I will rip the throats out of those who are responsible, even if that means ripping a hole into the mlp dimension (YES ITS REAL) I will tear those responsible apart and devour the remains... all of ponyville will learn why I am the element of wrath. GREAT. Now I'm thinking about Dash dying... I may have to rip someone apart anyways. I am hungry.. heh...

At the end of the series Rainbow Dash should die fighting Discord, it would make a great emotional scene, and yes I love RD to pieces T_T

post-6115-0-10097600-1341839234.png

• Brohoof 1

To those saying that they can and do kill off characters in kid's shows: Okay, whatever, but think of this particular show. Not even the series, but just this particular cartoon. Killing off a character does not fit the show's tone at all.

At the end of the series Rainbow Dash should die fighting Discord, it would make a great emotional scene, and yes I love RD to pieces T_T

sounds good, but it will be a bit to offensive for the younger audiences

Guys, guys!

We're missing something important here.

It's a show that targets little girls.

There's no way they will show one of the main characters die.

You're thinking of anime or the latest DC comic books.

That's not very family-friendly, dude. The show's supposed to be for kids, remember? :lol:

B'AWW KIDS CANT DEAL WITH DEATH

Actually, the death of a character would be a GREAT lesson for kids, especially if the show showed them how to cope. Or you can shield them foreva.

Something more appropriate and devastating would be Rainbow Dash not being accepted into to Wonderbolts. But we all know thats not gonna happen.

Actually, I have a feeling Dash ISN'T going to be a Wonderbolt.

B'AWW KIDS CANT DEAL WITH DEATH

Actually, the death of a character would be a GREAT lesson for kids, especially if the show showed them how to cope. Or you can shield them foreva.

Dude, that's real insensitive.

(edited)

Dude, that's real insensitive.

Clearly letterone doesn't understand that it depends on certain sociological factors or psychological for how good or bad the outcome is due to a cause and effect analysis by dividing zero in half you get u and by 3.1415926385, r squared times pi equals the area of a circle......I love ponies :3

Edited by Valiant

Clearly letterone doesn't understand that it depends on certain sociological factors or psychological for how good or bad the outcome is due to a cause and effect analysis by dividing zero in half you get u and by 3.1415926385, r squared times pi equals the area of a circle......I love ponies :3

Wat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I dont wanna cry :blush:

• Brohoof 1