Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash's Death

Silverbolt

It would sound like an interesting idea, but I think no one here in the forums would like to see the death of one of the Mane 6. (Including me.) We all like Rainbow to see her die, am I right?

I don't like the idea of Rainbow Dash dying at all. It is possible for it to be emotional without being to emotional though. Like for example this is just an idea that just came to me. What if Spike meets his real parents? I mean Twilight said she "Found" Spike as an egg but there had been no mention about his parents at all. What if Spike's Parents turn up at some point and Spike has to go through the tough situation of either staying with Twilight or going back with his parents? What do you guys think, Good Idea?

• Brohoof 2

I don't like the idea of Rainbow Dash dying at all. It is possible for it to be emotional without being to emotional though. Like for example this is just an idea that just came to me. What if Spike meets his real parents? I mean Twilight said she "Found" Spike as an egg but there had been no mention about his parents at all. What if Spike's Parents turn up at some point and Spike has to go through the tough situation of either staying with Twilight or going back with his parents? What do you guys think, Good Idea?

This all the way^

You can make sad stuff without having death involved.

• Brohoof 1

Well, dying goes a bit too far. How about a sort of eternal sleep spell? Like, I don't know, RD gets this spell casted over her, and they can't find a cure for it, but in the next episode, they find it. Or something. I'm not much of a storywriter.

Edited by WhiteLightning

Seriously, if any of the ponies die---especially in combat---then this show might have officially jumped the shark.

• Brohoof 2

Ok I'll make a new thread because this Idea is bad

What?

No, I don't really think this is a good idea. I doubt that even if Discord returned, he would kill a character. He's the god of chaos, not death for Celestia's sake!

Fanfiction idea!

Edited by DylanKLJ
  • Brohoof 1

I still think that the idea of presenting death in an episode COULD be a good idea. It doesn't have to be one of the mane 6 (in fact, it would be a bad idea if it was, we have fanfiction for that), it could be someones parent or a close friend/relative. Many children have had to deal with the death of a close relative before, and a good episode about death and how to deal with it could help them out a lot.

Just don't kill them through battle unless you REALLY have to, trust me; it's My Little Pony, not Metal Gear Solid 4

Um... no.

I don't really want this show to end like that... and we must remember this show is meant for little girls... they wouldn't like that either!

• Brohoof 1

Ehh no. It would cause me to be mentally heart broken beyond repair. In other words, I would cry for days, maybe a week. I remember Latios' death from Pokemon Heroes,a nd cried for a few minutes. It was pretty heartbraking to see a Pokemon pass away IMO, so if Rainbow Dash were to die, so will the show, I mean, no one wants to see a single awesome character die, right? :(

I don't think i'd be able to handle it if RD died :( Or any of the Mane 6 for that matter!!

But everyone's response seems to be "it won't happen because It's a kid's show"...... Uhh, there is a suprising amount of death in kids shows. Not just Diseny either. I SERIOUSLY doubt they would kill a main character. I'm just saying that just because it's a kids show doesn't mean death can't happen http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

But yeah.....like I said, I doubt it would happen, and I hope it doesn't happen (I have read one too many sad fanfics about ponies dying) A lesson learned from loss would be interesting though

I still think that the idea of presenting death in an episode COULD be a good idea. It doesn't have to be one of the mane 6 (in fact, it would be a bad idea if it was, we have fanfiction for that), it could be someones parent or a close friend/relative. Many children have had to deal with the death of a close relative before, and a good episode about death and how to deal with it could help them out a lot.

Just don't kill them through battle unless you REALLY have to, trust me; it's My Little Pony, not Metal Gear Solid 4

Could,would,should but what did we learn with the Derpy incident? That people are way to sensitive to be presented something outside the box without freaking out.

Rainbow Dash dies D:

JUST KIDDING! It's a fictional story that Daring Do is reading about a courageous pegasus named Rainbow Dash

Then the scene ends with Daring Do closing her book and leaving her house to hang out with her 5 friends.

as much as i like an emotional end, i dont think that is going to happen or if it should happen BECAUSE! it is a kisshow. and kids are not suposed to be confronted with death at such an early age.

• Brohoof 1

It'd be too sad, first off, for a kids show. Second, they'd need a replacement (which wouldn't work because I don't think any fan would accept a replacement for any of the mane 6), who would be the new rainbow dash? Also, why is it always rainbow dash getting killed? (shed.mov, cupcakes) Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to have to say no.

Even though murder, death, fighting, and so on and so fourth HAVE been done on kids shows before, killing off one of the mane characters would be a no-no in my opinion. However, a natural death with a background pony wouldn't be that bad, it could make for an interesting plot, I do admit. But a mane character, no. Especially RD, who happens to be the favourite of so many!

It's not a bad idea, but it doesn't float with me, sorry!

And I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I read somewhere that Discord IS in fact coming back in season three. :')