Why is pinkamina bright pink?

Chronamut

Why is she bright pink when the rest of her family is boring amish -rock inspired colours and hues? Is she supposed to represent gems, and isn't she one of triplets, and thus should represent her sisters colours more?

Also does happiness in their family equate to curly hair, and would the others have curly hair if they suddenly became as cheerful as her, as she has straight hair when she is of the same mindset as the rest of them..?

Edited by Chronamut

Click each below to see my work!

Music | Art: | Spirituality | Chat

Wasnt Marble Pie in the new Episode happy and smiling, and still had her straight like hair a little?

I guess the hair change does not have something to do, with their feelings.Its just Pinkies new Style i guess because she wants to forget her sad past.

And with the color, i could give an example from real life.

My dad and mom have brown hair, same for grand parents and for sister.

Yet i was born with red hair. It just happens at random i think  :lol:

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

Hey there :)

As this topic discusses elements from the show, I have moved your topic to a more appropriate section  :)

thanks - great picture btw

and yes now I remember that.. and yes I am well aware of recessive genes.. I just find it amusing that anything in their amish universe would be brightly coloured.

as for maude being happy.. you could equate that to the first time wednesday smiled in the addams family.. kinda scary, and nothing like pinky's happiness.. more like a facade cracking hehe.. although she did seem a bit happier than the rest of her sisters..

I read somewhere that "Pinkamena" is another term for Rose Quartz. Perhaps Pinkie is rock-themed after all. Had she not seen that Sonic Rainboom, long ago, she wouldn't have become the wild and crazy party pony we all know and love and her Cutie Mark would've depiced something involving Rose Quartz instead of balloons.

• Brohoof 4

Maybe because the element of Laughter is not good looking in gray? :ooh:

Ah, so maybe she decided to dye herself in cotton candy. :blink:

Edited by Flame Flare

Being the practical-minded party-pooper again, I'm going to say that it's because Pinkie Pie was designed WAY back in Generation 1 and was updated to fit into the DNA of the current show.  The rest of the family would have been created much later, probably being gray and melancholy to create a sharp contrast to Pinkie herself for character-building reasons.

Exactly why the rest of the Pie family are presented as rock farmers is anyone's guess.  But they certainly received the surname "Pie" from her, seeing as how the rest of the family has nothing to do with dessert.  

Edited by J. Brony

Being the practical-minded party-pooper again, I'm going to say that it's because Pinkie Pie was designed WAY back in Generation 1 and was updated to fit into the DNA of the current show.  The rest of the family would have been created much later, probably being gray and melancholy to create a sharp contrast to Pinkie herself for character-building reasons.

Exactly why the rest of the Pie family are presented as rock farmers is anyone's guess.  But they certainly received the surname "Pie" from her, seeing as how the rest of the family has nothing to do with dessert.  

unless of course it's ROCK pie :P

I read somewhere that "Pinkamena" is another term for Rose Quartz. Perhaps Pinkie is rock-themed after all. Had she not seen that Sonic Rainboom, long ago, she wouldn't have become the wild and crazy party pony we all know and love and her Cutie Mark would've depiced something involving Rose Quartz instead of balloons.

Now I won't stop noticing the connection between her and Steven Universe's Rose Quartz, however theirs is a bit like Pinkie Maud and Fluttershy put together.

I always figured Granny Pie that Pinkie mentioned in "The Laughter Song" was pink, and it was just a hereditary trait that she got. Granny Pie told Pinkie to laugh, so I feel that Pinkie is very similar to her.

• Brohoof 2

I always figured Granny Pie that Pinkie mentioned in "The Laughter Song" was pink, and it was just a hereditary trait that she got. Granny Pie told Pinkie to laugh, so I feel that Pinkie is very similar to her.

This seems like the best explanation. It is either this, or the writers at the time never intended to give Pinkie Pie the rock family backstory at all and it was an oversight. :P 

Pinkie also could have defied genetics as well. She defies many other laws of the universe so why not that?

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I figured that, too. Pinkie gets all her "Pinkieness" from her Grandma. :pinkie: