Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Cutie Remark promo

CheekyBoy

I just see the promo of "Cutie Remark", If I am right, you can see Twilight and Spike fell into a hole, and they came to the alternate world, then Starlight Glimmer appears again. What will she do next? What is gonnas happen?

Video for those who haven't seen it:

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to this.  It seems to combine my least favorite aspects of MMC and Twilight's Kingdom, mainly that it implies how wrong everything would be for Equestria without Twilight and how her friends could not live happy lives or do anything that would make the world better without her.  A plus though is that it seem like Spike will get a decent role in this. Good for the little guy! 

• Brohoof 3

Well at least Discovery Family actually bothered to make another ad rather than just reuse the same one for a billion weeks in a row.

I always  enjoy the premieres and finales so I am hoping this will be a good episode.

It looks interesting so far.  Looking forward to it.

• Brohoof 1

Not going to lie, this looks utterly terrible.  :okiedokielokie:

Sweet Apple Acres reverted to an industrial factory? Pinkie and Fluttershy going tribal? Nightmare Moon apparently ruling Equestria (if that's the case, why does daytime still exist?)? 

And you're telling me that all of this happened because Dash failed to pull of the Sonic Rainboom? Completely implausible. 

And naturally, it all comes down to Twilight to solo her way into saving the day. 

And you're telling me that all of this happened because Dash failed to pull of the Sonic Rainboom? Completely implausible.

1. Applejack never came back, and the farm struggled without her. The apples were tricked by Flim and Flam to let them help.

2. The Everfree Forest has invaded Ponyville without the Mane 6 to stop it

3. Nightmare Moon ruling Equestria, Mane 6 didn't stop her (she clearly would have won if they didn't defeat her)

So yeah, I don't get your point.

Edited by EmeraldSkies
  • Brohoof 4

I agree, I hope the writers can solve the problem using different ways to solve the problems instead of bringing a fight like Dragon Ball

At least in Dragon Ball the other characters have a chance to try and help. Look at Future Trunks. If anything the finale should be more like The History of Trunks. That's how you show a messed up future with no hope without the main cast. (Sorry DB fanboy here, ironically sporting the logo of the only villain Goku pretty much handle by himself that no one else really got involved with) 

And naturally, it all comes down to Twilight to solo her way into saving the day. 

Hey now, we're going to get her having a depressed scene where she thinks she can't cut it and Spike will comfort her and then she be all like, "I have an idea, let's do what we've done every single time something like this happens, gather my friends and shoot the Deus Ex Machina at the problem and fix everything. And then we'll all claim we did it together even though the rest of my friends didn't really do anything!" ......At least Spike going to look good in this.

• Brohoof 3

1. Applejack never came back, and the farm struggled without her. The apples were tricked by Flim and Flam to let them help.

Applejack was feeling homesick, so the notion that she never came back is ridiculous. 

You see, this is why this plot does not work. Most of the mane six would have likely wound up with the same cutie marks regardless. Yet it still insists on using the Rainboom as the single act that ended up defining their destinies.

In any case, I don't see anything that would explain Fluttershy and Pinkie adopting a tribal lifestyle or whatever it is they're doing. 

You see, this is why this plot does not work. Most of the mane six would have likely wound up with the same cutie marks regardless. Yet it still insists on using the Rainboom as the single act that ended up defining their destinies.

I think it makes sense for the most part, but I do have to agree that it is pretty over the top. One thing to note is that Pinkie does have her normal cutie mark in the tribal shot. Maybe it wasn't just the rainboom that was affected?

I don't know for now. Hopefully it will make much more sense in the finale, we only know so much.

Edit: Someone pointed out that it might have been a "sophisticated" Applejack who did come back to Ponyville and modernized the heck out of it.

Edited by EmeraldSkies

I didn't realize this thread existed when I said this in the episode discussion:

Discovery family needs to learn what a spoiler is, that promo made me angry. I knew marxist pony was going to be in the season finale but I wanted to find out by watching the season finale.

So many people already developing preconceived notions based on a 30 second promo, one that's obviously leaving out important context at that.

I think it looks like a great episode, and I can see how Dash not performing the Rainboom would play in most of this scenario.

That and we finally get to see Celestia wage war with her guards; that'd be an interesting first.

• Brohoof 1

I'm kinda bummed that it's mostly gonna be similar to EQG1 with how Twilight and Spike's technically the only "real" mane characters rather than the whole group, since we'll see since the rest look like it'll just be alternate versions of themselves

That said, I'm interested in seeing what the alt. mane 5 are like, mainly RD and Rarity since we didn't get to see them in the preview(well AJ too, but seeing alt Sweet Apple Acres I think we have a good idea what she's like), as well as Nightmare Moon and Celestia and what will happen to Starlight(I'm really hoping she doesn't get redeemed though)

Why people are mad about the promo?

Spoilers

A promo should give a ruff plot of the thing it is promoting and hide any major characters that are not expected

This promo gave me a ton of the plot and revealed a major character who the unobservant wouldn't expect

Spoilers

A promo should give a ruff plot of the thing it is promoting and hide any major characters that are not expected

This promo gave me a ton of the plot and revealed a major character who the unobservant wouldn't expect

You are right, my hype train is gone now T_T

Why people are mad about the promo?

I don't like the implications for one thing. 

Second thing, I'm sick to death of the mane five ultimately relying on Twilight's efforts to save the day on her own. Doesn't really seem like they'll have much of a role in this thing. 

• Brohoof 2

It'll be entertaining for sure, no doubt about it. I do think of the idea that stopping the Sonic Rainboom would have created a timeline in which Twilight and the Mane 6 were not together to stop Nightmare Moon, but I have to wonder if part of the plan included Starlight usurping Twilight's role. I'm sure that would explain a lot, including the common theory that Starlight is motivated by low self-esteem, envy, and a lust for achievement, and is not above stealing others' achievements for that end.

Edited by Wind Chaser

I think it looks like a great episode, and I can see how Dash not performing the Rainboom would play in most of this scenario.

I do think of the idea that stopping the Sonic Rainboom would have created a timeline in which Twilight and the Mane 6 were not together to stop Nightmare Moon

Is it absolutely confirmed Starlight Glimmer does it by stopping Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom? My thinking was SG would go back in time and stop Twilight from meeting the rest of the Mane 6, and they would still have their cutie marks but wouldn't be friends. (Well, except for Pinkie and Fluttershy who seem to know each other anyway in the promo.)

Is it absolutely confirmed Starlight Glimmer does it by stopping Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom? My thinking was SG would go back in time and stop Twilight from meeting the rest of the Mane 6, and they would still have their cutie marks but wouldn't be friends. (Well, except for Pinkie and Fluttershy who seem to know each other anyway in the promo.)

Confirmed? Not entirely. But Twilight's lecture thing was very heavily focused on the Rainboom. However, if it wasn't for the Rainboom Twilight probably wouldn't have met her friends anyway.

So it is possible that both the Rainboom idea and your idea go hand-in-hand.