Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should a MLP video game be made?

TheAnimatorOfficial

I don't see how that would be a problem. I would prefer a family friendly game that everyone can play and not just bronies.

Also do you know what wasn't tailored to bronies that a lot of bronies enjoy? MLP:FIM.

Your Right! :D Am I'm pretty sure I said the wrong thing compared to what I meant to say.

Pretty Much, I meant that it wouldn't be what the thread's talking about content wise, and there asking for a game "An Action RPG" which Is doubtful.

Your right with the MLP:FIM Part as well, But the game that there talking about, In my mind is Impossible

Sorry For being Confusing <,> xx

Edited by Frozen The Unicorn

We might get one, but it'll take us awhile. The thing is, since Hasbro doesn't see video games as a major part of the target market's spending habits (little girls), they'll assume that the game wouldn't be worth the cost of entry on a system like Xbox or Playstation. But when they start to see their target market for MLP as "Gen Y Males" rather than "Millenial Females", that's when they'll think that return on the game would at least bring a small profit. But until they see us as the dominant consumers, no pony games for us. (Aside from the app-based one)

post-33250-0-72140900-1452272446.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Still being developed, but it's not really MLP. *sigh* If only they'd let us have Fighting is Magic, it's not like it would really cost them anything... *le sigh*

oh yeah.   well if you want a game of mlp, make one. thats what im gonna do when i learn some code

Well, Legends of Equestria has an open server coming up, but I somehow doubt that they will ever get to finish the game. I wish they could get it going, once they had the server up 24/7 and allowed anyone to add content (with some mod/approval system to keep it clean and of ok quality) then it would explode.

Oh well. I can dream though.

Yeah, the opening server weekend (OSW) is only just 9 hours away and the client is already up for download!

You can download it from the official site or the alternative download if the original one is slow. And I trust the alt download since it is set up by my friend.

A FIM game must be made!  I want to see a massive, Elder Scrolls scope and scale of a game, an open world rpg.  Basically, I just want Elder Scrolls: Equestria.  But I'm thinking a cell-shaded style would be best, to create a 3-D world with a bit of a 2-D look that would lend itself better to colorful ponies.

Not really. The game would probably just be made to cash in on the fandom.

And how good is usually a game that is based on a TV show?

Oh, you got a point there.  Much as I want a FIM game, it's a fact that games based on shows or movies are very rarely good.  The best games are original ideas.  But in some ways I feel like a pony game would be different, because...well, it's friggin ponies.  Everything's better with ponies.

I think, or know, if they made a game it wouldn't be a make your own pony character, it'd have moments showing off all the ponies you can get and through all the toy forms, sort of like how dbz budokai tenkaichi 2 went perhaps story-wise but instead of being an action game its a sort of half linear 3rd person adventure game(or very linear cmc 2-d game where they idolize the mane-6 or something lol), but they closed off fighting is magic for.. whats that other game called again? Because they dont want ponies to be violent tbh, they want the friendship idea, kids getting along (so the kids get jealous of the other's pony collection n competes/joins with them because its fun and more moneyz that way) if there is action it'd be just like for season finales. I guess. Which they would emphasize because more toy variants to show off. What'd be interesting if they had some mlp comics stuff in with the game as well~

Edited by Lil Pip