Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should a MLP video game be made?

TheAnimatorOfficial

Perhaps a point-and-click adventure game (Think Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish or Pajama Sam) o:

I wouldn't really see any other genres fit MLP all that well, especially for a younger audience, but I'm not some sort of professional game developer or promoter :P

• 1 month later...

There is one fan-made one. The original production of the game was stopped due to copyrights, but the fans and the community basically finished the leaked version.

It's called mlp fighting is magic tribute edition. Search it up, you're bound to find an article and a download link of it :)

Edited by InsideOutPockets

I'm going to say, no. Mostly because, it took 30 years to make a GOOD game, based on one of Hasbro's franchises...do you want MLP to go through that?

Well, maybe a first person rpg with freeroam elements. idk

You lucky bastard, you.  ;)

I've always imagined that we'd get a grandiose, medieval RPG, where each pony race would correspond to a different character class, and there'd be a rich storyline spanning dozens of hours. A bit like Stick of Truth, but toned down to preserve childhood innocence.

i wouldn't be so quick to call him lucky... i played a g3 game back in the day. My lafe has been never been the same since.

• Brohoof 1

Nah Since NOBODY noticed that at least 30% percent of watchers are bronies it would be actually girly. Trust me, I will know if they relies " oh snap bronies exist" and make there be an at least 40/60 male-female count!  >_>

I can imagine a pony RPG would make for an interesting game! Think Legends of Equestria in 2D for example. Though I struggle to think how anybodypony could pull that off correctly.

Especial a pony couse u know... hooves?

Edited by pyroshark

Honestly if they did it similar to Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak I think it'd be gold, or they could do it similar to Super Lesbian Horse RPG because that was great.

Well, Legends of Equestria has an open server coming up, but I somehow doubt that they will ever get to finish the game. I wish they could get it going, once they had the server up 24/7 and allowed anyone to add content (with some mod/approval system to keep it clean and of ok quality) then it would explode.

Oh well. I can dream though.

• Brohoof 1

super lesbian horse rpg? lel wut

Despite the name the game is a really fun earthbound like RPG made by a guy in the fandom. I highly suggest you try it.

Sigh. The problem with creating a MLP Game is that it won't be tailored for bronies or What this thread wants (Pointed out my Mistake - Edit).

Hasbro predominantly targets kids when it comes to Toys/Games and that means that any game that they Publish or Produce will be targeted for young girls. Although many games targeted at children in the past have proved to be successful both commercially and throughout other audiences. The Sad reality is, Hasbro's game will want to make money FROM little children and catering to a niche market won't do that. Just like the current MLP game available, any game realised by Hasbro Will be the Stereotypical MLP.

That being said, That the fandom has the power to create a game of sorts. But It would have to have minimum ties to the show, Otherwise, we'd have a repeat of "Them's Fightin' Herds" :(

So Yes! I would love to see an MLP Game like mentioned happen But, Hasbro Would Never EVER create such a thing. The power is in the fandom's hands but admittedly the power is very limited.

Edited by Frozen The Unicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Sigh. The problem with creating a MLP Game is that it won't be tailored for bronies

I don't see how that would be a problem. I would prefer a family friendly game that everyone can play and not just bronies.

Also do you know what wasn't tailored to bronies that a lot of bronies enjoy? MLP:FIM.

• Brohoof 2