Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you defend yourself if a pony fights you?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

With my Kung Fu, paltry as my skill level still is. Although I suppose it depends on the context of the fight as well.

If it's an honest brawl with less than lethal intent, I'll stick with what I know. Likely with an earth pony I'd use a lot of kicks and sweeps to deflect. If an earth pony manages to buck me in the shins, I'd be down for the count right then and there. With a unicorn, I'd try and close the distance and get them to the ground where I can put them in a lock. With a pegasus it would be a matter of me being able to block or evade their strike and land a decisive counterattack before they flew away. (Needless to say this would be next to impossible if I was fighting Dash.) This is also where I would likely arm myself with a staff to give myself better reach.

If the fight was in the context of a life or death onslaught, I'd grab a weapon for each case. For the earth pony, probably a da dao or double shaolin axes, something with good chopping and cutting motions. For the unicorn, probably a chain whip or rope dart to both deflect hurled projectiles and to strike the horn from a distance. The pegasus a guan dao or shaolin spear for the same reasons as the staff but with the added lethality of a blade.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

@@Gestum,

dragons are what guns wish to be sig-4253472.tumblr_m8yxdgoj4L1rzh1a3o1_5

He's kind of got you there. I can't imagine an M4 meaning much when compared to a fully grown dragon. Then again, isn't the dragon almost kind of overkill?

It's like using an orbital laser to fry a sniper.

• Brohoof 1

I can't imagine an M4 meaning much when compared to a fully grown dragon
The books from the middle ages mentions knights that uses swords and bows to kill dragons, so someone with a gun could kill a dragon.
  • Brohoof 1

The books from the middle ages mentions knights that uses swords and bows to kill dragons, so someone with a gun could kill a dragon.

Touche but it was still never an easy task. "Slaying the dragon" is a phrase used to describe a Herculean task for a reason.

With lots and lots of hugs. :D

Dawww you're too cute to fight ^^.

And if they don't share the sentiment and want to beat your ass anyway?

• Brohoof 1

Touche but it was still never an easy task. "Slaying the dragon" is a phrase used to describe a Herculean task for a reason.
 Well, I never said that it would be an easy task. Though I would imagine that it would be easier if you used a  PTRS-41. 
  • Brohoof 1

A gun and if things get really bad threaten them with a nuclear bomb. XD

Or get a nice pony friend of mine to protect me.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

I think the context is missing there. You could be attacked for many reasons and situations. You could be attacked because you stood up for somepony else in defence. You could be attacked simply by a dangerous criminal pony that threatens your life. You could be attacked because you accepted to be part of a duel or friendly duel. Etc.

But on my side, If I had to stand up in defence for my pony friend, I would just stand in their way, taking the damage instead, like a tanker. I usually am against violence, so I wouldn't hit ANYPONY, excepted if my own life is threaten and use auto-defence to survive.

...Otherwise, I would use one of these:

annoyingdog.gif?w=809

• Brohoof 2

I'm a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Judging by what species I'm fighting, here's what I'll do:

Earth Ponies: Earth ponies have no additional ligaments to their bodies. It may seem like this fight could be a cakewalk, but it won't. Earth ponies are known for their strength and stamina. But the one thing that could be a possible trump card is their tail. It's not really about who's the strongest in terms of strength, it's really about mind games, psyching out my opponent so I could go for a nasty blow. If I could get my earth pony opponent laying on their back belly-up, it leaves them completely wide open for a tail grab. And tail grab equals destruction and destruction means this fight is over. 

Pegasai: Pegasai can fly, which means this fight will be quite difficult. They're also fast, which can make it extremely difficult to hit them. What is needed here is what is known as "reading". Reading is basically knowing where your opponent is going to move to before they move. If I know that the pegasus is going to move in a certain direction or attack a certain way just by looking at their body position, I can detect movements before they happen. With this, I could pull off a win, especially if I hit them in the "sweet spot", which is the spot right on their back in between their wings. It's like humans. If I hit there, I can possibly paralyze their wings because where I hit, it cuts off a major nerve message reception area. 

Unicorns: Now, unicorns have a totally different approach. Because they could fire magic beams, this introduces a new method of fighting on my part: the application of ki energy. Ki energy is the energy all around us. You may have known this from the ever-so-popular Dragon Ball Z (which exaggerates the usage of ki energy tenfold). When fighting a unicorn, I must try to get in close. This will force them to use evasive maneuvers (such as teleportation). Once I do that, it's a matter of knowing where they'll appear. Once I read where they'll appear, I can deal some massive damage. However, when it comes to firing beams from their horn, I could use my ki energy as an advantage. I could use my ki energy pulses as absorbers and dampers. If I develop a ball of ki energy enough, I could then use it to absorb a unicorn's beam and fire it right back at them. 

Alicorns: Now...alicorns are the most difficult to fight. I'll need to use both techniques from pegasai and unicorn fights. My first goal when fighting an alicorn is get them on the ground. I would go for that sweet spot and hit it hard. Perhaps if I hit hard enough, I could potentially disable their wings AND horn. Then they'd just be an earth pony...and you know what happens next...go for tail grab...fight is over. 

• Brohoof 1

When guns aren't enough

Use a bigger gun 

And if that doesn't work, well...

794106a2ce678473c4430d4c227258346cab6d84

I'm a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Judging by what species I'm fighting, here's what I'll do:

Earth Ponies: Earth ponies have no additional ligaments to their bodies. It may seem like this fight could be a cakewalk, but it won't. Earth ponies are known for their strength and stamina. But the one thing that could be a possible trump card is their tail. It's not really about who's the strongest in terms of strength, it's really about mind games, psyching out my opponent so I could go for a nasty blow. If I could get my earth pony opponent laying on their back belly-up, it leaves them completely wide open for a tail grab. And tail grab equals destruction and destruction means this fight is over. 

Pegasai: Pegasai can fly, which means this fight will be quite difficult. They're also fast, which can make it extremely difficult to hit them. What is needed here is what is known as "reading". Reading is basically knowing where your opponent is going to move to before they move. If I know that the pegasus is going to move in a certain direction or attack a certain way just by looking at their body position, I can detect movements before they happen. With this, I could pull off a win, especially if I hit them in the "sweet spot", which is the spot right on their back in between their wings. It's like humans. If I hit there, I can possibly paralyze their wings because where I hit, it cuts off a major nerve message reception area. 

Unicorns: Now, unicorns have a totally different approach. Because they could fire magic beams, this introduces a new method of fighting on my part: the application of ki energy. Ki energy is the energy all around us. You may have known this from the ever-so-popular Dragon Ball Z (which exaggerates the usage of ki energy tenfold). When fighting a unicorn, I must try to get in close. This will force them to use evasive maneuvers (such as teleportation). Once I do that, it's a matter of knowing where they'll appear. Once I read where they'll appear, I can deal some massive damage. However, when it comes to firing beams from their horn, I could use my ki energy as an advantage. I could use my ki energy pulses as absorbers and dampers. If I develop a ball of ki energy enough, I could then use it to absorb a unicorn's beam and fire it right back at them. 

Alicorns: Now...alicorns are the most difficult to fight. I'll need to use both techniques from pegasai and unicorn fights. My first goal when fighting an alicorn is get them on the ground. I would go for that sweet spot and hit it hard. Perhaps if I hit hard enough, I could potentially disable their wings AND horn. Then they'd just be an earth pony...and you know what happens next...go for tail grab...fight is over. 

Alicorns use much more powerful magic than normal unicorns. Alicorns are basically semi-gods, ALMOST invulnerable. They can lose a fight, but it would require an immense amount of power and stamina to reach them. And you'll be more likely to be dangerously injured at the end of the fight if you manage to win.

Alicorns use much more powerful magic than normal unicorns. Alicorns are basically semi-gods, ALMOST invulnerable. They can lose a fight, but it would require an immense amount of power and stamina to reach them. And you'll be more likely to be dangerously injured at the end of the fight if you manage to win.

True that, but fight will be worth it. But you gotta remember that "sweet spot" I mentioned. Hit it hard enough and you just might render an alicorn's extra stuff useless.  

• Brohoof 1