Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

Sapphire was unaware of anything going on in the room till the gate went off, she turned from the work with the explosives "what the buck? WHY IS THE GATE UP?!" She left the two guards who were still trying to get the explosives to work, and she was quickly cantering to Scarlett, Sapphire's radio was going nuts with what seemed everypony outside this room on the radio at once. @@Ethan Sawyer,  "what are you doing Scarlett? Are you Mad?!"    

She decided to make herself useful to the mare and trotted over. "Anything I can do?" She finally spoke, her voice tinny coming through her helmet.

Amber's pupils retracted until they were like pinpricks and she crawled away in complete shock, blind to the pain it caused her damaged hindleg. "W-who are you?" In her condition, Amber had no chance in a fight, she was aware of that much. However, she drew her pistol anyway, the hand-crafted silver elements glimmering subtly in the bleak lighting. "Where the buck did you c-come from?" She gritted her teeth as the nerves in her hindleg screamed for attention and more of the fiery pain pulsated up and down her.

Sapphire was unaware of anything going on in the room till the gate went off, she turned from the work with the explosives "what the buck? WHY IS THE GATE UP?!" She left the two guards who were still trying to get the explosives to work, and she was quickly cantering to Scarlett, Sapphire's radio was going nuts with what seemed everypony outside this room on the radio at once. @@Ethan Sawyer,  "what are you doing Scarlett? Are you Mad?!"    

Scarlett snapped to the, to be honest quite annoying, pony shouting at her. "The only way to evacuate from this planet is through the gate, and we can't risk dialling anywhere else! If this base, or even the planet go up anthing on the other side of the gate could be destroyed! This is our only escape route!"

Amber's pupils retracted until they were like pinpricks and she crawled away in complete shock, blind to the pain it caused her damaged hindleg. "W-who are you?" In her condition, Amber had no chance in a fight, she was aware of that much. However, she drew her pistol anyway, the hand-crafted silver elements glimmering subtly in the bleak lighting. "Where the buck did you c-come from?" She gritted her teeth as the nerves in her hindleg screamed for attention and more of the fiery pain pulsated up and down her.

The mare tilted her head, wondering what the hell this pony was looking at to make her look so terrified of her.

Then it came to her. Black helmet with big orange visor that's hard to see into. Duh.

She then hopped back as the pistol was drawn. "Whoa, whoa! Easy there, Quickdraw!" Her inny voice yelped outside the helmet, "I'm not gonna hurt you, I just woke up in here as well."

Her ears flicked as she heard the alert to evacuate to the gate room. Things just kept getting better.

"Listen, get on my back," She ordered, turning herself around, "I'll get you to the gate room. As long as you don't shoot."

The mare tilted her head, wondering what the hell this pony was looking at to make her look so terrified of her.

Then it came to her. Black helmet with big orange visor that's hard to see into. Duh.

She then hopped back as the pistol was drawn. "Whoa, whoa! Easy there, Quickdraw!" Her inny voice yelped outside the helmet, "I'm not gonna hurt you, I just woke up in here as well."

Her ears flicked as she heard the alert to evacuate to the gate room. Things just kept getting better.

"Listen, get on my back," She ordered, turning herself around, "I'll get you to the gate room. As long as you don't shoot."

There was hesitation in Amber's movements. On one hoof, she couldn't possibly trust a mysterious mare who just appeared in front of her caped in a deathly black garment. But on the other hoof, what other choice did she have?

She slowly put the pistol down, carefully placing it in her holster but never taking her gaze off of the stranger.

"Alright, but if you even think about turning on me, you'll regret it." She grumbled as she stared back down at her broken hindleg. "Now help me up."

There was hesitation in Amber's movements. On one hoof, she couldn't possibly trust a mysterious mare who just appeared in front of her caped in a deathly black garment. But on the other hoof, what other choice did she have?

She slowly put the pistol down, carefully placing it in her holster but never taking her gaze off of the stranger.

"Alright, but if you even think about turning on me, you'll regret it." She grumbled as she stared back down at her broken hindleg. "Now help me up."

The mare rolled her eyes at the injured pony's threat, and walked over to her. She extended a wing and carefully hoisted the sore mare up onto her back. "Easy, careful..."

Once she was on, she began hovering out the door. "Okay, which way is the gate room? You work here or something?"

The mare rolled her eyes at the injured pony's threat, and walked over to her. She extended a wing and carefully hoisted the sore mare up onto her back. "Easy, careful..."

Once she was on, she began hovering out the door. "Okay, which way is the gate room? You work here or something?"

Amber felt herself fading in and out of consciousness, and her vision was fading to black. It was difficult to imagine her as a soldier when she looked so frail.

"Follow...the yellow...markers." Her hoof weakly pointed towards one hallway but even such a small movement made her feel sick and disorientated. She felt comfort lying on the mare's back in such a horrid state.

Amber felt herself fading in and out of consciousness, and her vision was fading to black. It was difficult to imagine her as a soldier when she looked so frail.

"Follow...the yellow...markers." Her hoof weakly pointed towards one hallway but even such a small movement made her feel sick and disorientated. She felt comfort lying on the mare's back in such a horrid state.

"Yellow markers, right," The mare nodded, and began swooping through the halls after said markers. Hopefully getting back to the gate room wouldn't take long.

When she swooped into the gate room, she skidded to a small halt.

"...oh, and hang on tight," She said, looking over her shoulder at the other mare, "In hindsight, probably should have said that earlier, but yeah."

"Yellow markers, right," The mare nodded, and began swooping through the halls after said markers. Hopefully getting back to the gate room wouldn't take long.

When she swooped into the gate room, she skidded to a small halt.

"...oh, and hang on tight," She said, looking over her shoulder at the other mare, "In hindsight, probably should have said that earlier, but yeah."

"Yep, don't worry." Her voice was riddled with pain, and any words she spoke were spoke through clenched teeth. "I was hanging on tight enough." Amber had practically winded the other pony she was holding on so tight, but they had made it back to the gate room that much was clear. There was general discord in the room from what Amber could make out, with all manner of ponies rushing about and the stargate pulsing brightly in the center of the room. "No way...we're gonna escape through that thing?!"

@@1Bit,@@Unicorncob,  (you both missed that the gate room's door was sealed but, in saying that it fixes my problem)

Before @@1Bit,@@Unicorncob, arrive

@@Ethan Sawyer,

Sapphire just looked at Scarlett, "you are mad where does that even go? sure is not back to Equestria yes?!" She returned back to the two guards arming the explosives at the door as she got there "we have it ma'am it's ready let's back up." the three of them moved away and blew a large hole in the door. Sapphire shouted at the guards who were in condition to make movements "get your flanks going now!"

Now there is a hole for @@1Bit,@@Unicorncobto come through

Sapphire was now panicking her legs wobbled she had not seen action officially, though she had been in the middle of the Crystal Rebellion of a few years ago, she was nevertheless shaken to the core and had frozen up.  

Edited by Emerald Bolt

Flamestreak was battling unconsciousness to draw, he didn't even realize the two mares had left until he momentarily regained his eyesight. "Wh-where did they go?" The stallion's head was swaying back and forth, Flamestreak eventually fell back landing on his haunches. His Injured wing was wailing at him bloody murder, The pain felt like a pony decided to stick multiple knives in his wing twisting them all around simultaneously and every once in awhile brutally yanking out knives to pour iodine salt on the wounds. Needless to say he was hurting, For the moment, however The Pegasus put the torment in back of his mind focusing on getting to the gate room

"Ok, where is the gateroom again......oh right just follow the yellow lines." Flamestreak tenderly got up, he steadily began trotting ignoring the searing discomfort in his wing and other places. The room beside had turned into a maelstrom, Ponies frantically running around knocking into other ponies, the walls, or sometimes stumbling over their own hooves. Others that weren't running were trying to open the doors, using different tools to open the door, some throwing themselves at the door hoping it break all to no avail. 

Flamestreak approached the gateroom, the door was open, He Spotted the two mares just outside opening to the room.

@@1Bit,@@Unicorncob,

"I-I'm glad you two are o-ok" He said slowly the pain in his voice easy to hear 

Edited by LittlePip1990

Flamestreak was battling unconsciousness to draw, he didn't even realize the two mares had left until he momentarily regained his eyesight. "Wh-where did they go?" The stallion's head was swaying back and forth, Flamestreak eventually fell back landing on his haunches. His Injured wing was wailing at him bloody murder, The pain felt like a pony decided to stick multiple knives in his wing twisting them all around simultaneously and every once in awhile brutally yanking out knives to pour iodine salt on the wounds. Needless to say he was hurting, For the moment, however The Pegasus put the torment in back of his mind focusing on getting to the gate room

"Ok, where is the gateroom again......oh right just follow the yellow lines." Flamestreak tenderly got up, he steadily began trotting ignoring the searing discomfort in his wing and other places. The room beside had turned into a maelstrom, Ponies frantically running around knocking into other ponies, the walls, or sometimes stumbling over their own hooves. Others that weren't running were trying to open the doors, using different tools to open the door, some throwing themselves at the door hoping it break all to no avail. 

Flamestreak approached the gateroom, the door was open, He Spotted the two mares just outside opening to the room.

@@1Bit,@@Unicorncob,

"I-I'm glad you two are o-ok" He said slowly the pain in his voice easy to hear 

"Yeah, I guess I'm okay. I hurt like hell though." She winced, then blinked. It took a few moments, but she could clearly see the pain Flamestreak was in and her face was etched with concern. "Uh, you alright over there? You look pretty banged up there."

It concerned her to no end to imagine TWO ponies with injuries to deal with through the portal. What if there was something waiting for them on the other side? How could they fight it in their state?

The mare let the injured pony down, and nodded to Flamestreak. "Yeah, my head feels like I got a professional tree bucker kicking it but other than that."

She glanced around the gate room, taking note of the glowing gate portal. "Is that meant to happen? I get the feeling that's not meant to happen."

The mare let the injured pony down, and nodded to Flamestreak. "Yeah, my head feels like I got a professional tree bucker kicking it but other than that."

She glanced around the gate room, taking note of the glowing gate portal. "Is that meant to happen? I get the feeling that's not meant to happen."

"No, I'm pretty sure it is. The scientist's activated the gate, that's all." She glowered at Scarlett. "Although how you can possibly think we're all going through there...I have no idea. If you're not already aware, there are hundreds, possibly thousands of ponies in this base, and there is no way we can hope to get them through that portal!"

Sapphire just looked at Scarlett, "you are mad where does that even go? sure is not back to Equestria yes?!" She returned back to the two guards arming the explosives at the door as she got there "we have it ma'am it's ready let's back up." the three of them moved away and blew a large hole in the door. Sapphire shouted at the guards who were in condition to make movements "get your flanks going now!"

"Well unless you have enough magic to teleport us all out of here, or have the ability to time travel, this is the only way out! This base will soon be in the rubble, and this is the only form of exit we have left!"

"Why would it not be meant to happen? Have you never seen an active gate before?"

"No, I'm pretty sure it is. The scientist's activated the gate, that's all." She glowered at Scarlett. "Although how you can possibly think we're all going through there...I have no idea. If you're not already aware, there are hundreds, possibly thousands of ponies in this base, and there is no way we can hope to get them through that portal!"

"First of all, it's a Stargate. Or Gate for short. It's not even a portal. And secondly, why would we not all get through? It's a perfectly stable wormhole, I mean look at it! Is it flickering? No! We need to leave, and we need to leave now!"

The whole base began to shake even more than before. Scarlett skipped all the hardware and pulled up diagnostics on her HUD. "All right, this could be a problem." 

Now speaking to everyone in this room, she had quite a worried look on her face. "Due to the strain on the shields before they went down, we've had to use a lot more power than normal. And dialling the gate requires even more power than normal, so we are taking energy from the planets core. The core is now in a state in which as soon as the gate is shutdown, destroyed or otherwise disabled the entire planet could detonate. That gives us, uhh, 38 minutes. Imagine you turn a tap on, and it's working fine. You're pouring water into an infinitely deep cup. And suddenly you are using more and more water, so more water is being forced through the tap at once. As soon as you remove the cup, the water goes everywhere and your kitchen is flooded. Now imagine that the water is energy, the cup is the Stargate and your kitchen is an entire planet."

Now facing Sapphire, she said "We need to go. Now. Get as many ponies as you can through the portal. Have any pony willing too grab as many supplies as they can as they go. We have no idea what might be through there. And make sure you remind them that a gate is one way please!"

"Well unless you have enough magic to teleport us all out of here, or have the ability to time travel, this is the only way out! This base will soon be in the rubble, and this is the only form of exit we have left!"

"Why would it not be meant to happen? Have you never seen an active gate before?"

"First of all, it's a Stargate. Or Gate for short. It's not even a portal. And secondly, why would we not all get through? It's a perfectly stable wormhole, I mean look at it! Is it flickering? No! We need to leave, and we need to leave now!"

The whole base began to shake even more than before. Scarlett skipped all the hardware and pulled up diagnostics on her HUD. "All right, this could be a problem." 

Now speaking to everyone in this room, she had quite a worried look on her face. "Due to the strain on the shields before they went down, we've had to use a lot more power than normal. And dialling the gate requires even more power than normal, so we are taking energy from the planets core. The core is now in a state in which as soon as the gate is shutdown, destroyed or otherwise disabled the entire planet could detonate. That gives us, uhh, 38 minutes. Imagine you turn a tap on, and it's working fine. You're pouring water into an infinitely deep cup. And suddenly you are using more and more water, so more water is being forced through the tap at once. As soon as you remove the cup, the water goes everywhere and your kitchen is flooded. Now imagine that the water is energy, the cup is the Stargate and your kitchen is an entire planet."

Now facing Sapphire, she said "We need to go. Now. Get as many ponies as you can through the portal. Have any pony willing too grab as many supplies as they can as they go. We have no idea what might be through there. And make sure you remind them that a gate is one way please!"

"We'll never get everyone here! We can't just leave them to die!" She wanted to protest more, but could do little in such a weak and crippled position on the floor. Instead she just hung her head low, and let the events begin to sink in to her mind. "Why would anyone even attack us? And why now?" She contained a soft sniffle.

"Whoa whoa whoa," The mare spoke up, her tinny voice sounding incredulous, "You're saying we're under attack by...something, and now you want us to jump through a portal that leads to who-knows where?"

Her helmetted head tilted. "You can't be serious, right? How do we know we're not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire here?"

"Whoa whoa whoa," The mare spoke up, her tinny voice sounding incredulous, "You're saying we're under attack by...something, and now you want us to jump through a portal that leads to who-knows where?"

Her helmetted head tilted. "You can't be serious, right? How do we know we're not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire here?"

"Well what else do you suggest then? Stay here to be savagely murdered by some alien ship we don't where is? I agree

with Scarlett we should just leave, at least there's a 50/50 chance we'll survive." Flamestreak barked, abruptly interjecting himself into the argument. "And as much I want to stay behind and save everyone here, There's a fine line between being heroic and being stupid. And the reality is, Jumping into the fray attempting save ponies, especially in our condition is just stupid." Flamestreak paused for a moment, reading everyone's expression. "So I'm sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's hooves here but, I vote to go while we still can."

Edited by LittlePip1990

Specter: "Hey Ivan? I don't think we'll ever be coming back home will we?"

Ivan: "I'm going to die today. I know that much. As soon as we evacuate. This entire planet is going to die and we can't save it, the least we can do is limit the damage. As for you and the others, I don't think you'll ever go home."

Specter: "What about this planets collateral damage from detonation? Could it be reduced."

Ivan: "I could try and bounce the energy from the core and reverse it's course, causing back flow on the core and a negative overflow and the planet will implode on itself. That way we don't have any rubble to worry about become a hazard to other planets. That chance of it working in the the 14% range, but it's worth a shot."

Specter: "It's been a pleasure Ivan."

Ivan: "Don't forget to send me a postcard."

"We'll never get everyone here! We can't just leave them to die!" She wanted to protest more, but could do little in such a weak and crippled position on the floor. Instead she just hung her head low, and let the events begin to sink in to her mind. "Why would anyone even attack us? And why now?" She contained a soft sniffle.

"We may not be able to get everyone, but we can try and get as many as we possibly can through. In this situation, there's not much more we could do."

"Well at least we'll be relatively prepared for the fire."

"Well what else do you suggest then? Stay here to be savagely murdered by some alien ship we don't where is? I agree

with Scarlett we should just leave, at least there's a 50/50 chance we'll survive." Flamestreak barked, abruptly interjecting himself into the argument. "And as much I want to stay behind and save everyone here, There's a fine line between being heroic and being stupid. And the reality is, Jumping into the fray attempting save ponies, especially in our condition is just stupid." Flamestreak paused for a moment, reading everyone's expression. "So I'm sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's hooves here but, I vote to go while we still can."

"I think everyone who can't help, should go. Anyone who can help, can stay to help get people through but does not have do. I don't plan on giving anypony orders. Anyway, the clocks down to 30 minutes. If we're going to start, we need to do so now!"

Specter: "Hey Ivan? I don't think we'll ever be coming back home will we?"

Ivan: "I'm going to die today. I know that much. As soon as we evacuate. This entire planet is going to die and we can't save it, the least we can do is limit the damage. As for you and the others, I don't think you'll ever go home."

Specter: "What about this planets collateral damage from detonation? Could it be reduced."

Ivan: "I could try and bounce the energy from the core and reverse it's course, causing back flow on the core and a negative overflow and the planet will implode on itself. That way we don't have any rubble to worry about become a hazard to other planets. That chance of it working in the the 14% range, but it's worth a shot."

Specter: "It's been a pleasure Ivan."

Ivan: "Don't forget to send me a postcard."

"There are no other inhabited planets in this system. There aren't even any viable planets for life. That's part of what made this the perfect planet." Edited by Ethan Sawyer

"Well, WHATEVER we plan on doing, we need to get it done NOW otherwise we are all going to die here!" There was a rising sense of urgency in Amber;s voice as she looked up at each pony in the room. It seemed like the base was shaking more and more violently, with steel panels forcefully being torn off the walls and ceiling. "Now, uh...someone help me up." 

Her head twisted slightly where she caught sight of one guard pony still frozen in the same spot that Amber had seen her frozen in for the past five minutes or so. "Will somepony knock some sense into her while we're at it?!"

• Brohoof 1

The mare blinked and fluttered over to Amber, helping her to stand. "Might as well do something around here, huh?"

She looked over to the guard pony, who seemed to be frozen in shock at all that was going on. Not one to deny herself a nice slapping situation, she trotted over and delivered one upside the head.

@@1Bit@@Ethan Sawyer,@, @@Lordav, @@Child Of Darkness,  

@@Unicorncob,

"Ow what was that for?!" Sapphire had already figured out the answer to that question as she said it, "never mind." In the time she was stuck by fear her mind was working overtime about what to do and the possible endings to the problems that they all faced and the only viable option was the portal, they had to go now.

Sapphire got out her radio there was a collection of voices trying to talk at the same time, cries for help, orders from other officers, reports, and general panic, "Everypony SHUT UP!!" After a few seconds the radio went to static, "good now hear this, all staff are to fallback to the portal the planet is unstable and may self implode when the portal collapses, and anypony not through will most likely not make it hurry all now that is an order!" There was silence from her radio.

A flood of personnel came through the door, all with terror on their faces none of them willing to make the first move, Sapphire looked at them all they won't do it I suspect many of them have not done this before. She moved in front of the gate, "LISTEN UP, I know this has gone to S#$% but we must stay calm and alive and there is only one why through here!" "I'm not doing that!" came from the ever growing group there were mumbles of agreement. 

"Fine it is safe, I think and I have faith in the science crew, I will go first." Sapphire turned and walked up to the portal with a deep breath "well here goes nothing." and then stepped through...

(leaving it there because other will describe the ship better than I)  

Edited by Emerald Bolt

@@1Bit@@Ethan Sawyer,@, @@Lordav, @@Child Of Darkness,  

@@Unicorncob,

"Ow what was that for?!" Sapphire had already figured out the answer to that question as she said it, "never mind." In the time she was stuck by fear her mind was working overtime about what to do and the possible endings to the problems that they all faced and the only viable option was the portal, they had to go now.

Sapphire got out her radio there was a collection of voices trying to talk at the same time, cries for help, orders from other officers, reports, and general panic, "Everypony SHUT UP!!" After a few seconds the radio went to static, "good now hear this, all staff are to fallback to the portal the planet is unstable and may self implode when the portal collapses, and anypony not through will most likely not make it hurry all now that is an order!" There was silence from her radio.

A flood of personnel came through the door, all with terror on their faces none of them willing to make the first move, Sapphire looked at them all they won't do it I suspect many of them have not done this before. She moved in front of the gate, "LISTEN UP, I know this has gone to S#$% but we must stay calm and alive and there is only one why through here!" "I'm not doing that!" came from the ever growing group there were mumbles of agreement. 

"Fine it is safe, I think and I have faith in the science crew, I will go first." Sapphire turned and walked up to the portal with a deep breath "well here goes nothing." and then stepped through...

(leaving it there because other will describe the ship better than I)

Scarlett watched Sapphire walk through the gate in awe that she didn't even have to be prompted. Though she needed to give an example. IT was a good job. She turned to amber and said "Do you need help getting through the gate? Because if not I should get through and check for any technological activity."

Scarlett watched Sapphire walk through the gate in awe that she didn't even have to be prompted. Though she needed to give an example. IT was a good job. She turned to amber and said "Do you need help getting through the gate? Because if not I should get through and check for any technological activity."

"I probably can--" Amber tried to lift herself up, but merely yelled out in pain the instant she put pressure on her leg. "Okay, maybe not..um.." She looked around the room and her eyes fell back upon the mysterious stranger who helped her in the first place. "U-uh, I don't know if you'd be able to h-help...?"