Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Royal Guards

Arima

Three of the Guards in this picture are Alicorns (1 Grey, 2 White).

Posted Image

The all-white Guard in this picture has no wings or a horn, making him an Earth Pony Guard (Earth Guard).

Posted Image

Edited by Arima
  • Brohoof 1

I'm calling animation error on this one. I don't think that magic kindergarten Alicorn is gonna play an important plot role either.
  • Brohoof 8

Hmmmm, so there is male Alicorns but they have to be of royal blood. Maybe Celestia mated with one of the males to make these and possibly Cadence.

*Insert Molestia joke here*

• Brohoof 4

I notice the royal guards often share color schemes. I wonder if they have to dye their coat as some sort of dress code?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, interesting. How did a pony as powerful as an Alicorn wind up as a simple guard.... I always considered alicorns royalty. This makes a bit of a change to that theory.

Hmm, interesting. How did a pony as powerful as an Alicorn wind up as a simple guard.... I always considered alicorns royalty. This makes a bit of a change to that theory.

I considered Alicorns for Gods for the longest while. Then Season 2 Crushed my dreams :D

I notice the royal guards often share color schemes. I wonder if they have to dye their coat as some sort of dress code?

I read a fanfic somewhere that said that the guard armor was enchanted to make them all look the same.
  • Brohoof 1

I second the animation error theory, because that is an extremely small notice there, I doubt they did it on purpose, thinking everyone and not just some would notice it.

• Brohoof 1

wut. all alicorns are supposed to be of royal blood right? well this screws up everything bcause i doubt that if there where royal guards that where royalty they would be just a bac ground pony, is it possible that maybe in the royal city of canterlot there are regular alicorns?

(edited)

I'm calling animation error on this one. I don't think that magic kindergarten Alicorn is gonna play an important plot role either.

This, it's no doubt an animation error just like the filly alicorn in twilight's nightmare of magic kindergarden.

Edited by Pegasus25

I think those are just residue from the copypasta of guard schemes that they forgot to correct. They don't know we're observing with relentless eyes every detail .... of a children's cartoon...