Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kiri

As always, your artwork is something that always please peoples eyes :). It is wonderful to see, such cute and amazing artwork :D. Good job :squee: 

• Brohoof 2

Please teach me your art skills senpai ;o;

But seriously, you make some really excellent work. Whenever I look at wonderful artists like you, I always feel compelled to try harder at art myself and try to do something I haven't done yet. Keep up the good work. c:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Wow! You did huge work, indeed!

Awesome set. You must be tired as hell. XD (I hope you aren't)

Haha! I remember How I did @Stardust*'s qutiemark first time based on text descriptions only. (actually I still doubt that it was correct XD)

Woot-woot, new haircut! Looks beautiful. Very fluffy. I bet it based on Peri's art style. ^_^

Thank you Crypty! Haha I am definitely giving my hands a rest for a little while! Yes, I really liked your design of Stardust's mark and decided to draw it in the same manner. :D Yes, Quartz has a new 'do and thank you (unintentional rhyming)! Actually, I've had that mane design in my head for a long time and only recently put it in visual format. But you're right, now she and Peri's Chaos can be all fluffy together! ;) Thank you again for the compliments!

Dem stars tho.

Nice work!

Hehe yep, so many! Thank you ATGG. :3

Magnificent!!

Thanks a bunch, Dragon! ^^

Woooaaaahhh... :pinkie:

Amazing work, everytime i see your art i can't help but gaze in awe..

With so many styles you can do as well, keep up the great work as always ;)

Oh wow, what a compliment! Thank you, I really appreciate that, AURA! That means a lot. :3

As always, your artwork is something that always please peoples eyes :). It is wonderful to see, such cute and amazing artwork :D. Good job :squee:

Aww thank you, Jonas! :)

Your art is awesome! Do you accept commissions or trades? I'm really interested to get one picture from you c:

Oh my gosh thank you! I just took a look at your work too and it's marvelous! Hmm...I'm not at yet doing commissions, but I will message you. ^^

Please teach me your art skills senpai ;o;

But seriously, you make some really excellent work. Whenever I look at wonderful artists like you, I always feel compelled to try harder at art myself and try to do something I haven't done yet. Keep up the good work. c:

Oh wow, thank you for that Odyssey! That really is so sweet of you to say. I feel the same way! I get so inspired by the art community here, too! :D Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 2

I <3 my picture so much!!! You are so amazingly good! I love the others as well. Such awesome talent!! :wub:

Aww I'm really glad you like it, Stardust*! And thank you for that, I am grateful to everyone who helped and encouraged me to improve! :squee:

• Brohoof 4

It's been a while since I last posted on here! I feel that I am gradually getting better, especially with all of the support and encouragement I get from the community! Thank you so much for that. :) Here are some recent drawings from my Tumblr.  

This is a gift for @Stardust*. She loves Neon Pegasus and so I decided to make that the theme. The stars were really fun to draw! :D

attachicon.gifStardustGift.png

Sketch for that is here: 

attachicon.gifStardustGiftSKETCH.png

This is my part of an art trade with and my first time drawing a changeling. I was so nervous to do his OC at first, but it was actually pretty neat! Translating changelings into my style, I like the idea of making them thinner and having a thicker plate-like piece on their faces. 

attachicon.gifCryptyArtTrade.png

This is a drawing for of her OC Neon Beats! I just noticed that my signature is a little crooked. Oops! :x 

attachicon.gifRequest_DJNeon.png

Last but not least, a super rough colored sketch of Quartz for the purpose of testing colors and her new mane style for an upcoming reference sheet. I didn't draw her horn here. 

attachicon.gifQuartzcolortest.png

Anyway, that's it for this month I believe. Thanks to everyone again for all of your help and guidance! I hope to improve a bit more next month. ^^

Brilliant work...............keep it up..........8D

• Brohoof 2

Brilliant work...............keep it up..........8D

Thank you so much, Prof! :D
  • Brohoof 1

@, ohhhhhh.

Each and every one of these are lovely.  :sunbutt: The one's I've seen elsewhere: still just as lovely (especially the last one). Dang.  :love:  Awesome work as usual!

• Brohoof 2

@, ohhhhhh.

Each and every one of these are lovely.  :sunbutt: The one's I've seen elsewhere: still just as lovely (especially the last one). Dang.  :love:  Awesome work as usual!

Oh my gosh thanks so much, SFyr! Thanks for being so encouraging. :)

Also, your username threw me for a loop! XD

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Nevermind, there's one more piece for January! This is a headshot of my OC Quartz. I decided to go softer with the shading this time and tried making the mane coloring/shading style more tame. I was practicing with chibi styles which was influenced by my new-found obsession with looking at chibi pony art on Tumblr and decided to make a headshot out of this one! This is part of another project I am working on and hope to finish soon. It feels so weird doing something closer to the MLP style for a change! XD 

post-34812-0-90858400-1454307565_thumb.png

I'm also working on making a signature that's a bit more...hrmm..original. :blush:

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 10

@, oh... oh my.

That is one of the cutest avatars I've seen. Dang.  :blink:

You're either making me jealous, or inspiring me to actually start doing some art for myself again. I'm not sure which.

Still, just amazing work as always. Your talent really does show.  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

I swear, every piece is more amazing than the last

You think so? Wel thank you so much, Dragon! :D

That. Is. Adorable.

Hehe thanks Tiger! :3

@, oh... oh my.

That is one of the cutest avatars I've seen. Dang.  :blink:

You're either making me jealous, or inspiring me to actually start doing some art for myself again. I'm not sure which.

Still, just amazing work as always. Your talent really does show.  :fluttershy:

Oh wow I appreciate that, SFyr! I'm inspired to really pursue the ways of the chibi after seeing them all over the place on Tumblr. Tumblr does a lot of things to you. XD Also, keep it up with that super adorable comic! I hope you get some time to do more of your own art, too! I miss it. ^^

Ahaha! Sweet!

Now we need full size Chibi Quarzy. XD

Thanks Crypty! This is part of a full body drawing. It's part of a project I'm working on. ^^

Good work love!  I love a new art thread and also digging Rare!

Aww, thank you so much, Tao! :D
  • Brohoof 4

Thanks Crypty! This is part of a full body drawing. It's part of a project I'm working on. ^^

Aww, I even foresee what it will be.  :love:  But hush, mystery should not be revealed!

Also it gave me one cool idea. :sunbutt:

*Hurries somewhere*

Edited by Crypty
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Aww, I even foresee what it will be. :love: But hush, mystery should not be revealed!

Also it gave me one cool idea. :sunbutt:*Hurries somewhere*

Oh! It's actually not too secretive. It's just going to be part of some new designs I'll be using here and perhaps elsewhere. Things are starting to look a bit old (especially the signature lol). ^^

And oh my! The suspense. XD

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1

@, honestly I'll agree that Tumblr is a great source of just random (and often cute) art.  :lol: It's one of the many places I occasionally come across when looking for inspiration.  ;)  

And thanks so much! I'll try to get back into it at some point, but for now I think I'ma just enjoy other peoples awesome art, such as your own.  :fluttershy: I'm looking forward to seeing what you post next!

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is my part of an art trade with @Sidera of her Fawnpond OC. It was great working with her, and her artwork is wonderful! :D

post-34812-0-67104800-1456251474_thumb.png

Sketch version is here:

post-34812-0-17430100-1456251492_thumb.png

• Brohoof 8

As usual, mere words are not enough to describe the sheer spectacular majesty of your art.

I still have quite a lot to learn and improve on before I consider my art to be anywhere near "spectacular" :blush: but thank you for your compliment, Dragon Q! ^^

Edited by Quartz Aegis

it is a nice piece, however the belly seems to stand out alot making her seem somewhat bloated to me. I am also picking up some confusing shading as she seems to be shaded as if there are multiple light sources, but at the same time it is shaded as to be a single light source.

Keep up the good work!

• Brohoof 2

it is a nice piece, however the belly seems to stand out alot making her seem somewhat bloated to me. I am also picking up some confusing shading as she seems to be shaded as if there are multiple light sources, but at the same time it is shaded as to be a single light source.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the critique! ^^

• Brohoof 1