What kind of white noise/relaxing noise do you like?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

This might sound like an odd question but it is something I am actually very curious. Now, I am autistic, so maybe that explains me in this case, but white noise is something that can be incredibly relaxing for me. White noise typically is a static type noise, but I am incorporating more than that with this. 

By white noise, here, I mean any kind of constant noise that you find relaxing. Any kind of noise that is repetitive but relaxes you. 

For me, I have a few different ones:

• Any kind of fan noise
  • The noise of a hairdryer
  • The sound of a train, not the horn but the sound of the train itself
  • Rain sounds
  • Any kind of deep base noise that is slow 

I love to have any of these playing in the background while I am doing other things, it soothes me.

Now, hopefully I did not butcher this explanation so I apologize if this is confusing, but it is a topic I am really interested in.

Are there any types of repetitive noises that make you feel relaxed?

• Brohoof 9

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I actually love hearing:

A boats engine like a small ferry when its idle the sound is so relaxing to me.

Rain, like everyone else.

And maybe wierd for a lot of people but I love hearing airplane engines, they maybe loud but everytime I hear them I just love it!!!!

• Brohoof 2

img-35757-1-img-35757-1-img-35757-1-img-

Hey there !!!! ^~^   Hope you're having a nice day !!!!!! x3

If not feel free to drop me a PM

I love white noise.  I like hearing oscillating fans, crickets chirping during a full moon, water at the ocean crashing at the shore, the very quiet sound cars make when they drive through on the road covered with snow, binaural beats (if that counts?), very low/drone humming bass noises, a strong breeze hitting the leaves on the trees and the grass, streams and rivers, and the muffled sound of people walking along/talking/anything on a busy street late at night through a glass door.

Edited by shy0wl

img-14375-1-21br7yb.png

Fans are usually pretty good at helping me get to sleep. As far as natural sounds go, I like the sounds of the wind howling and thunderstorms as well. Though thunderstorms are only relaxing when they're really far off in the background and make this kind of a quiet but firm rumble. If the thunder and lightning is happening just a few kilometers away, I'm pretty much the complete opposite of relaxed.

• Brohoof 1

Rain, Thunder storms, a fan, the sounds of the city, roaring of a river or waterfall, binaural beats, and just about anything else of a similar fashion that keeps the ringing in my ears from being prominent, as that gives me a headache. It only happens in silence, and living in the country there is a lot of that. =[

msg-8308-0-19737800-1451501112.gif

Sig by Kyoshi

I've got a few that I can think of:

- Fans

- Rain

- Thunderstorms (the closer and louder the better)

- Fireworks (when everyone in the city is setting it off on New Year's Eve)

This might sound strange, but I love the sounnd of jets and planes flying overhead in the distance

Edited by IcyHaze
  • Brohoof 2

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

The noise of the fan whring around in my PC; it just constantly breaks the lonely silence of sitting at my computer desk. It also consistently reminds me that my computer is still on, and hasn't crashed or something! :squee:

I've also grown used to the sound of the filter in my fishes' tank at night. Like the computer fan, it just causes everything not to be silent. Because (embarrassingly) I'm still quite afraid of the dark - well, if I'm on my own. Even just knowing that there are fish downstairs swimming happily around helps me to relax. 

Edited by Wolves

This has already been said, but the sounds of rain, a heavy thunderstorm, or just a loud fan is pretty relaxing. It's also exceedingly difficult for me to fall asleep without some sort of white noise, really

I usually fall sleep to the sound of music. Not the movie, but actual music. Last night I passed out while listening to a lot of H8_Seed.

4EverfreeBrony's music is the best though; relaxing and quaint. Absolutely adore his music <3

• Brohoof 1

I am not horse fame, I am horse fam~

Twitter: @ToothpasteThy

<3

I like fan/heater/AC noise. I also like the pendulum ticking of a wind-up clock. Rain or waves from a lake/ocean are nice too.

post-24370-0-50818200-1417635705.jpg

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

For those who are wondering, Twilight is chewing bubble gum.

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

I go to sleep with at least one fan on for the white noise every night, no matter what temperature it is. I totally get where you're coming from.

Have any of y'all heard of ASMR? It describes a pleasureable feeling that people can get from listening to certain sounds, like white noise, whispering, rain, tapping, etc. Most people who have ASMR describe it as a tingly feeling along the scalp or spine. There are literally thousands of videos on youtube dedicated to triggering ASMR. Here's one that introduces the concept (headphones recommended):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb27NHO_ubg

sig-33706.sig-33706.sig-33706.sig-33706.
Check out my youtube music channel                                                                                      My OC- Prof. Noble H. Quikwitt